Recommendations Unique or Twisted Personalities

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Evalanche, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Evalanche

Evalanche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo guysh who have lots of times in their hands~

Soooo I'm actually bent on finding similar novels to Reincarnation-Lord is Extremely Hardcore, I Am A Killer, and My Classmate is 200 Million Years Old... they really have these unique personalities that are away from common sense... they these traits that make them uncommon, such as reincarnation+psychotic behavior+two-faced gorey saint, assassin from ancient times+very bloodthristy,alien on earth+super genius+adorably serious innocent personality, respectively...

As you can see, they're all novels with female protagonists sooo you know what I mean, something similar so it should also have a protagonist that is female~~ BUT I would also like it if its also a male IF the novel is BL/yaoi...

So can anyone pls recommend some novels that are similar to any of the stated novels??? Pretty please? With a brownie on top?

2. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Dungeon Defense has the twisted personality you want, but it doesn’t have BL tho.

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Evalanche

Reading List:
    Link
    Saaaaaddd~ i saw "harem" on the tags and I was like, "Nope."

hiohbye, MusicFromMiles and campfire like this.
  5. Evalanche

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaawwiieee the description was very cuteee~~ thanksss

otaku31 likes this.
  6. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You dodged the cringe.

Hanten, Vesica, penprog and 1 other person like this.
  7. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Evalanche

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the description and this novel is like whoaaaa, though I don't really like reading novels with male mcs(except if its bl), this story is veryyy ummm you know hahahaha yeah, so I'll try this one~ arigatou~

10. Evalanche

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll watch the anime instead~

MusicFromMiles likes this.
  11. Evalanche

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it that cringey??

12. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I read it wrong. Dungeon Defense is a good one. The harem tag might be there because of the protagonist employed witches that act like they are trash. Those witches are target of discrimination that gave them their unique view on life. But their relationship is still only that of a employee and employer. Actually, I just remembered that he had sex with a crazy and powerful character, while he already has platonic love with another character. The protagonist is the type to make deals, and I think the sex was a part of a deal (?). Still, I don't think the protagonist has any male support characters.

Dungeon Seeker is a cringey novel tho.

The same translator, for Dungeon Defense, has translated another novel called
    Your and My Asylum. This one might be a bit cringey because some non-earthling characters are otaku and sometimes make some reference. If you can handle that part, then the all the main characters have pretty unique and otherwise twisted personalities. Still, the only thing that is carrying the novel is protagonist trying to survive by seeing through conspiracies. I don't get any Conan vibes from it, but how it is hard to guess makes it same as Conan.

Sorry for stating something without even reading properly.

DoomedExpe and Evalanche like this.
  13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. penprog

penprog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's absolutely cringey. A bunch of bad political commentary. It's almost like that novel about the chuunibyo but the author is not self aware.

Evalanche and Vesica like this.
  15. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFF-Class Trashero

Maybe not exactly what you asked for in the description, but as far as Unique or Twisted Personalities go, this one takes the cake.

16. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense has significant elements of cringiness, depending on your threshold, and the MC does build up a proper harem of emotionally broken people (girls), of which he is fashioned as king emotionally damaged person. He just doesn't necessarily sleep with all of them, but I know of at least two that he has... one of which forced themselves on him. And I dropped it a while ago, and never really read it all that closely.

Evalanche likes this.
  17. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mmm not sure if it will suit you since I haven't read the novels you mentioned... but Kusuriya no Hitorigoto's MC certainly has a unique personality, specially with her obsession with poisons (tho its not a bloody type of story at all)^^

musachi24 likes this.
  18. musachi24

musachi24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like tyrannical mc or in other words mc who doesnt give a shit bout moral ...
    warlock of magus world > scientist who only thinks about profit and nothing else if he see a damsel in distress jst let her die if theres nothing to gain.. if u really like mc who is heartless then this is novel is for u .. 11/10 i would recommend it if ur tired of mc who thinks he can save everyone
    Reverend Insanity > same goes for this guy ....... WMW and RI are two peas in a pod recomonded 11/10
    Dungeon Defense korean novel 3rd peas in a pod
    God and Devil World ....... well full of harem and heartless people dont recomend if ur a girl ... its full of racism sexist and all other dark side of the humanity rape etc . treating woman as money is perfect discrption for this .. its like Highschool of the dead but with harem yea its post apocalypse ... but mc is cool heartless all woman begs for his D ( currently reading but i like it )
    Tower of Karma > never read it yet but their all in the blackmarket/darkside ....

this is darkest novel ive so far.. its nothing like BTTH or MW . ATG.. but if u like ntr i can recomend some

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  19. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right another one came to mind, The resetting lady. MC was killed after happily marrying. And she went back in time, starting point being 3 months before marriage I think. But in her second life, even tho she tried to avoid it, she was killed again. And went back in time again. And again. In her 100th time going back to the past, when she has tried every single possible option to stay alive, she decides to kill everyone who has killed her in the past, which is practically almost everyone.

However this novel has only started being translated and theres few chaps out, also password protected (password available in pocky bookshelf's discord). But i think might be a nice one to take a look at after some time has passed
    edit: To get into pocky's discord youll probably need to search around for a bit, ask your discord friends and see if someone is inside and can invite you, or get in thru affiliated servers such as SLC... it might take some time but youll find it somehow, server is now open for new members

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  20. MusicFromMiles

MusicFromMiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I searched for this novel and sadly I couldn't get the password for pocky's bookshelf