LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Bul’tar!

aqua55 and Yomiel Metathronos like this.
  2. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bul'tar!

Yo Grids fucking dragon boots are INSANE. Not only does it's have armor stats, but it's attributes and abilities are so fucking nice.

Lauel: Lol you can't make better boots cuz these can fly
    Grid: Bitch, ima just turn into a thunderbolt. Kick you so hard ima but a dent in it.

Also side note, I just realized Grid made a permanent item. So even if a dragon hits it, the material won't be destroyed, and it might be impossible to repair, but with the 2 support skills, not only can it prevent being deformed for 5 sec, but it can also fix itself completely even if deformed

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  3. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    The next chapters should be a crafting montage...

4. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would just like to throw something out there that has been in my mind recently. As all should note, one of the effects of Greed is that it succumbs to the user (Grid)'s will like Pavranium. And as such, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that it is possible for these boots to make Grid fly without the use of magic. Why do I believe this? Because the God Hands as well as the pavranium in it's own state floated of it's own accord. As such, I think it's reasonable to infer that he can fly with these boots as well. Anyone want to follow up or share their thoughts on the idea?

5. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that either he performs a psuedo-flight with Greed's floating capabilities, or [Lightning Incarnation] allows him to fly even though it doesn't explicitly states so.

6. Ectcorray

Ectcorray Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fellas, fellas. Nice thinking, but probably wrong. You'll see under Lightning Incarnation that he gets reduced resource consumption on mana etc. for flight, but stamina-based flight is free. Guess which resource his draconian wings use?

7. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calories? lol

8. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new boots flight capabilities is still a mysteries since it did not explicitly state that it can make the user fly. Look, even when Grid use Blade aim at the god (or whatever name it was), it also didn't pull him to fly around so it have no predecessor case. On the other hand, his draconian wings still seem to be inferior to Braham's boots flight capabilities since we don't really know how the wings work. Braham's boots fly with magic, which mean there is no movement require to fly, on the other hand, wings indicate that it may need to flab to fly which may restrict Grid's flight even if it is support with the new boots. What will happen if the space he is in is a narrow tunnel and there's not enough room for wings to expand? Not to mention, with open wings, Grid body become bigger target. In my personal opinion, if considering flight ability only, Braham's boots still is the best so far even when compare to the new boots and draconic wings which flight ability are not clear yet.

9. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    While Lightning Incarnation may reduce resources, I still believe that the boots will be able to fly. While the Blade Aimed at the Gods may have never allowed him to just fly like superman, it was a sword after all. It never had a purpose of flying. I suppose we will just have to see but I still think it's reasonable to believe that they can fly. But, it has yet to be seen.

10. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They could probably fly, and kick/crush people/monsters/other things if Grid wasn't actually wearing them, as if Grid had made God Feet instead of God Hands or the Boots, but Grid wasn't able to fly or even float by standing on the Pavranium, so there's little reason to suggest he could do so with Greed (unless he used a lot).
    He could end up having Braham add his own boots' flight magic to the new boots when Braham wakes up.

11. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as you said, he never used pavranium to fly. The thing that I want to point out is that he had never used Pavranium to make boots. Nor did he have enough to make something capable of doing so. While there is a physics issue within that, I think it might be feasible as it has yet to be seen. All in all, my reason for believing that it is possible is due to it not being seen before. It is also possible for him to have Braham teach him how to put flight magic on his boots. But my main "theory" right now would be that the boots might be able to fly due to them being boots. Granted, the probability of this is extremely unlikely however one can only hope.

12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't it just specifically say that dragons can destroy Greed? Maybe not in one shot but they can do it.

13. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume any myth rank transcendent like true dragons, the strongest of the great demons and (I'm guessing) the yangban elders can all bypass infinity durability, but I'm not sure if they can also bypass a legend's 5 seconds of invulnerability. Even if they can't, they could simply wait out the 5 seconds. I doubt the auto repair function could fully restore the item within that time.

14. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moved national competition to its own server

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    So a patch which reduced their ability to actually with the game?

16. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can no longer poké trade dragons across servers no.
    Btw was the dragon ever sent back?
    Ik the other went into hiding

Also you have to remember that every competition, something is a bit different.

Like in the original first few competitions, when Grid got a title or skill during, he would keep it.

Honestly I wanna see another version of that mini game everyone played where Grid was an Overgeared priest, but maybe a diff game.

I wanna see the pets one, where you probably have to race on the pet this time but Grid has a unicorn sooo. Also do skeletons count as pets?
    Or blacksmithing where he tries just for lolz to make the best item he possibly can with all his skills
    I wanna see him slaughter his way to kraguel

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The national competition isn't really part of the game in the first place so I don't really consider changes to it to be really changing the game. The only real patch there would be in separating them rather than the changes between the competitions.

18. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So Grid is trying to recruit Teruchan... ffs the name sounded like it can be "Teru-chan" and my brain trying to make an orc (imagining a bbm [big bald man, google not so good with info] with a really fucked up face) sound cute. So Grid is confirmed uncle hunter.

19. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Whelp, Agnus' gf Luna is so saintly while getting gangbanged with Agnus watching. OUCH.

Reminded me of a webnovel with a sentient dungeon and some stockholm syndrome shit.

20. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now a woman interested in him getting shot in front of him resurface his ptsd

Shield Loyalist likes this.