Spoiler Lord of the Mysteries by Cuttlefish Loves That Diving

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vide, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bersercker88

bersercker88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The symbols were taught by will then infused by praying to the fool.

2. Emakhulate

Emakhulate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what exactly is the symbol?

3. bersercker88

bersercker88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didnt really explain just gave a vague description:

“唯一的麻烦是,相应的符号立体,神秘,复杂,危险,没法直接铭刻于各种金属薄片上……按照威尔.昂赛汀的说法,得用冥想的方式,驱动灵性,直接在‘灵之虫’上勾勒……

"The only trouble is that the corresponding symbols are three-dimensional, mysterious, complex and dangerous, and can not be directly engraved on various metal sheets... According to Will Onsetin, it is necessary to use meditation to drive spirituality and sketch it directly on the Worm of the Spirit...

but since the power is similar to rewind will used against amon it may the one corresponding to the snake of mercury. How it looks is anyone guess tho.

4. Emakhulate

Emakhulate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the symbol was from the worn of spirit guess I was wrong.

5. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The carving patterns and symbols are based off the seq 3 archaic scholar item that Will received previously from Cattleya. Will was willing to help Klein only on the condition that Klein resupplies him with 2 more of such items, and Will was confident that Klein could make them by leveraging the power of the fog and using his own spirit worms as catalyst material. The only difficult part is that Klein had to use his spirit power to carve the symbols and Will taught him the method of how to carve.

6. bersercker88

bersercker88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right they just copied the patterns from that charm, i was thinking that knowledge came from will itself.
    Btw our author keeps upping the stakes, now that catleya and sharon are demigods seems like the cast is preparing for a full all-out war.

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Frye is sequence 7 now, so fast considering he is not the Main Character or the Supporting Character.
    I wonder if Leonard will refer Frye to Klein for recruitment.

8. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it will more likely be Mr Azik that will take up the Death seat =P

Also, did anyone else find it super cute that after getting traumatized by Amon's visit, Arrodes wants to be constantly praised by Klein and that he is seriously considering about showing off some of his powers to get re-classified as a grade 1 sealed artifact. Now he no longer wants to leave the Church of Steam and Machinery XD

BigDaddy likes this.
  9. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrodes realizing that the seals for him/her are not enough, by the way, is Arrodes a unique Characteristic of the Seer Path?

10. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is more likely that Arrodes is formed from the characteristics of seer pathway's seq 1 servant of mysteries. He should be on the same level as the sealed artifact 0-08, Pen of Alesouhod. And if so, Arrodes will probably become the ingredients of the seq 1 potion for Klein in the future.

11. bersercker88

bersercker88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor arrodes he truly is best servant i wonder how it would react if klein took it to the gray fog.
    His ability seems too narrow to be the uniqueness, afaik it should be closer to a sequence 0 ability, like adam creating dreamscapes in reality, or the dice control of fate, but he is definitively a high level artifact, and the fact its so smart and lively is even more intriguing

12. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author skipped Cattleya and Sharron's ceremony to become a half-god... what a pity. I wanted to see their mythological beast form. As far as I remember, we only know the mythological beast form of the following pathways:
    Fool - Worms
    Thief - Bugs
    Death - Feathered Serpent
    Wheel of Fortune - Silver Snake
    Dreamer - Dragon
    Warrior - Giant

13. alex8585275

alex8585275 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read mtl so I want to know what does Will know about gray fog and does he know klein is lower sequence

14. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's never made specific, throughout the novel, it's implied that at least for a lot of angels (like Amon, Will, Pales etc), they seem to know something or at least a little bit about the gray fog and the existence behind it. When Will first met Klein, he noticed the fog surrounding Klein and definitely saw something. We just don't know exactly what XD.

And yes, at that time Klein was still a low sequence and Will knew about it.

15. alex8585275

alex8585275 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what did he see in gray fog does author describe it

16. bersercker88

bersercker88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the chapter where klein captured the winner as his puppet he tried to see himself through his eyes and found that they see him as his mythological form made by many worms shrouded by fog and a ethereal door with many mysterious symbols and stars, then almost lost control and fainted for a while.

17. Citadel3

Citadel3 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is death a feathered serpent or a phoenix? It's unclear because the original ancient god was described as phoenix ancestor, but then the artificial death god was in the form of a winged snake. I agree on the other ones though.

18. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, if it was a phoenix before the second blasphemy slate, but it's a feathered serpent now. The same happened to the Fool pathway: Flegrea was a wolf, but the mythological beast form of the Fool pathway now is a worm, not a wolf.

19. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Flegrea had two Sequences compared to Klein though so I don't think it is right to compare the two

20. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not comparing him with Klein, though. I'm just pointing out that whatever happened before or after the second blasphemy slate appeared messed up with the pathways and their respective mythological beast form. So, although Flegrea was god the Sleepless and Fool pathway in the past, nowadays the mythological beast form of the Fool pathway is a worm, not a wolf. Most likely, the mythological beast form of the Sleepless pathway is a wolf.