The Reincarnation Magician Of The Inferior Eyes

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by RaidriarGK8, Sep 13, 2019.

1. RaidriarGK8

RaidriarGK8 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Reincarnation Magcian of the Inferior Eyes (劣等眼の転生魔術師~虐げられた元勇者は未来の世界を余裕で生き抜く~)
    Raw Link: https (colon) //novelba (dot) com/indies/works/851684
    NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: There is a manga adaptation of this that is really good. The premise of the story is similar to The Strongest Sage of Disqualified Crest. The interaction between characters is similarly funny. The MC is different though. He is less cocky and more cool-headed. The manga hasn't gotten very far, but it's interesting so far.
    Description: Abel was a genius magician who held immense power in a world where the color of your eyes indicates how powerful you are. However, the strength that came with his amber eyes was so great, even his comrades looked at him with fear and contempt. He therefore decided to transfer his soul far into the future, hoping to find a paradise that accepts him. He would soon find out that people’s attitude regarding his eye color did change, but not quite the way he had imagined…

Kaitoss, Zoro_r and Kuro_0ni like this.
  2. schosinsky

schosinsky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for Chapter 12.5

4. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WARNING for those who want to pick it up. Only 23 chapters are available online and the last update was 1 year ago. on the last chapter updated, the author said that he won't update on the website anymore and the continuation is only available on LN.

5. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manga it was okay, if you can overlook the pedophilia. Still this is one of those stories where I feel like the manga version might be better than the novel. You know what I mean those stories where the translation is told 80% through character dialog, and you're expected to guess what is going on using context. You know what I mean it is the LN where instead of this.
    You get this

jgfenix, sgrey, Ouiche and 3 others like this.
  6. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese LN stories are written to fit into Manga Panels...sfx included and all. Pretty weak writing generally.
    Chinese Manga adapted from LN's either have walls of text, or skip so much stuff you can't follow the manga even if you've read the LN before.

7. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    big boobs lady and op chuuni shota

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see any pedophilia in the story though? Unless, you mean Abel's reincarnation?

Foolish_Fox likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    I think you didn't understand or you missed something. MC reincarnated into a child form and demon child FL that MC raised when he was adult hero is now grown up.

A few chapters in, they had sex in one manga chapter with MC still in child form / not waiting for him to grow up.

10. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds like a lot of other stories. Especially that story about the mage who will live his life differently by sending himself into his past.

11. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that... I tried to forget it, because for one, that's physically impossible for his current form unless I mistook his bodily age, or... logic flew out of the universe. I mean, he's no longer a demon, but a demonic soul in a human body.

12. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye they are talking about Abel and Lilith's relationship. If he were actually the age of his body then it would be pedophilia. Though the apparent age difference (based on their fake age) isn't all that much so when Abel grows up a bit it isn't a problem. It's just Abel's body is that of a young teen while Lilith's is that of an early twenties so it would be pedophilia

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    ?????? I don't remember the story saying he was a demon before.
    I think he was human before.

14. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does that matter at all though? Isn't the problem with pedophilia that the child is too young to understand the consequences of their actions? If he has mind of an adult then I don't see the problem.

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah when you think from this pov, it does make sense.
    I don't care if there is pedophilia or not, it's the other guy that complains, i just pointed out the part he complained about.

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so he was a young teen! I thought he was a kid's bodily age, because that how I've perceived him in the manga. I understand now how he was able to have sex with her.
    I'm sure he was a demon or non-human race, because that's the reason why he wanted to be reincarnated to avoid aggression.

17. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The colour of the eyes determines which powers you can use. A small percentage of the human population has amber eyes, such means you can use all elements. The demons also had amber eyes and could use all elements. That's why amber eyes were discriminated against. That's how I perceived it anyway.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  18. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    There is little difference between a kid and a young teen (the older you are the bigger the kid category becomes)

And Abel is human, he just has the same amber eyes as demons. Remember even two hundred years later, when all but one demon are killed, amber eyes still appear among the populace, and are considered inferior eyes

19. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    He was human. He helped defeat the demon lord than was discriminated against because he was to powerful. He decided to reincarnate into a future that he hoped would be more enlightened. He reincarnated into a body he made and left sealed away so technically the body is a lot older than it looks.

20. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh!
    Is this some biology elementary information I've missed or are you talking about the maturity of a person's mentality?