Recommendations Lift, do you even?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Raphael, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo so been playing around lots of games and shit and I seem to notice that all the rpg-like games and novels have guards being total mooks. This makes me wonder if anyone knows a game or novel where guards are OP and the MC can't do shit to them, also I mean OP as in no matter how strong the MC gets the guards of the town/kingdom will always be either stronger or at least equal to the MC. So yeah do those guards even lift?

2. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... it's been awhile, but I remember in Baldur's Gate 2, the guards and the Cowled Wizards being particularly annoying. If you're an evil character (with a bad reputation?) or get caught stealing/murdering non-hostiles, the guards would constantly attack you in dozens so long as you're still in the city of Amn. The Cowled Wizards are nice enough to give you a warning the first time you use "unlicensed" magic, but they also go after you if you keep practicing unlicensed.

P.S. Are you looking for recommendations or just general discussion about it?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Raphael likes this.
  3. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    The guards in Morrowind were strong... Until you became stronger than them. Aside from that I don't remember any rpgs where the guards were strong... As for a novel with strong guards... I can't think of any.

Strong guards are a rare breed, as rare as Uncorns in Ark

Raphael likes this.
  4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't think of guards that are OP.

Raphael likes this.
  5. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    recommendations are good I usually play a shit ton of games so I'm always looking forward to new recommendations that was kinda the idea for the post anyways both games and novels.

6. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I am truly curious about that there should be some game or novel that has an MC that just can't beat the guard. The main problem with this is that so many new novels have OP characters and for games they usually don't want the players to feel common. I personally always wanted a game where the MC is kinda like an adventurer in a party or maybe a mercenary in a party getting quests from the guild and following treasure maps they encounter in their adventures but always being like medium classed you know, maybe make the best class of adventurer you can become A class and then have some S and SS class NPC's.

7. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why I'm asking because despite having played 300+ games I can't recall any where you are not the top dog, maybe you start out low but halfway through the game you are always inhumanly powerful compared to the average Joe's that guard the innocent.:)

8. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    There was an original fiction on Royal road with that.. I think that he used cookies to win.

9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The city guard in Log Horizon is pretty op (they had special armor that increase the wearer's ability), and there' s humanity strongest hero from the original game. They only appear in later volume though.

10. Novice Warrior

Novice Warrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Witcher 3......dunno about you but they beat the crap out of me