Kobato's defense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it seems I'm the guy who made diffamations?
    It's very late here and I'm very tired + i'm on my phone so I can't elaborate my words in details and very clearly but i'll do my best.
    I got on my phone just earlier to see on NUF that I apparently did slanders publicly on a korean forum.
    The said party even did an apparent analysis on what they call my deed.
    Well, so even if I say I did not, they would not believe so I guess it's pointless I argue with them. And it's up to people to believe me or not, to believe them or not.
    Yes, I had bad experiences with them. Yes, I still have a hatred towards them. So did I do this? No.
    Sure it is strange that all happened on the same day but then if I was really the one who did it, I'd have waited so that I wouldn't be seen as an obvious perpetrator. And also, why would I leave obvious evidences by writing things that look similar and clpse on both discord and that korean forum? I should be really fucking stupid for doing that. If not me, who did? I presume 99,9% someone who did read what i wrote (or me but I'm saying i'm not).
    I can be stupid but I'm definitely sure i'm not this stupid to not do such an obvious error. Why make it so easy when it's best for me to be discret??? Isn't that the purpose of such act? I did not write on the korean forum. I would never want to make things known to the koreans.
    And the game thing is also leaving me dumbfounded because I also did game translations and when I talked with Neria, it was about our experiences in fan-translating games. What does that have to do with the thing in the post comment? The comment says about the chinese (referring probably to chinese companies who stole korean online games to make money) but what's the link between this and that??? Moreover, the post writer and comment seem to be two different people.

I always kept my website on low profile except for the dramas that happened. Never tried to make things big except for those dramas and never did anything to revenge or whatever after the dramas were up and somehow past issues.
    And even I always said to keep things low in the korean side as to not alert the koreans in any way because one action could ruin the whole community of the korean novel translation.

Discord was the only place i ranted because I consider it as my place with my supporters. Why would I make things so obvious it would create only more dramas about me? I did make drama publicly when there was some sort of agression I received as last mean for me to show how I felt things was unfair to me but then here, what? Yes, I'm jealous of them having the ressources to do something I'm not able but I'm not stupid and raged. I'll say honestly that i still have hatred for what happened and what they did to me.
    But really, no, I don't want another drama.

I'm feeling really shattered and broken this happens when all i wanted today was just to rant in my place(channel) in peace surrounded by my supporters, not having troubles further than in my safe space. In no way I wanted to make things bigger, get into another mud fight again when I'm already having things hard in life and struggling to see the light. I really don't have the will and power to do that at all. I'm just a deafeated animal so i had no intention to do anything and I did nothing.
    For those who knows me, appart from the precedent big dramas, i'm barely online and all i do is ranting or complaining in my group's chatroom. Please, leave me alone...I'm fed up and I just want to run my group in peace, nothing more. I seriously don't want to fight or deal with anybody so please believe me, I didn't do that...

I'm really tired and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my neck. My fingers shiver and I can only get emotional.
    Why do I have to go through this again?
    I just can't get over this psychologically anymore...Sorry to get emotional but this is how broken i am. I thought things were going to become okay now for my group and maybe i'd find again the motivation to get back in this hobby of mine that was the translating lost long ago but why must this happen?
    This just makes me want to puke.
    Why do I have to face those guys I hate so much and having to read their claims about me? I really didn't want to see anything more between them and me. So why now again??? I want to cry because i'm innocent and I really don't want more shit. I've got enough on my own so please leave me be!
    I can't bear this anymore...

PS: Sorry if this can be hard to understand but it is really hard for me now to write any more proper as I'm too stressed and my head is going crazy
    PS2: in their claim, they put "kobato" as if I was the one who wrote the comments but then except for one (apparently the author who signed), were all having anonymous nicknames (like 4chan but all names were "ㅇㅇ" symbols instead of saying "anonymous"). But they modified it on purpose and put my nickname. That's clearly misleading and they judge me.

PS3: below is the translation I did for the said korean forum because MSM's translation seems arranged to make things even worse: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=tgijjdd&no=198524

ㅇㅇ (83.88) *original post/thread writer* > "I was looking around in foreign novel communities and it seems the Metero-strike that was also got known here once (guys originally called 100whitesalts doing unauthorized translation) did buy the "World Greatest Militia". They say they are going to translate and sell it very soon but when I see the cover they made, it kind of look really weird lolololol.
    Even the title is ' World Greatest Militia' lol (while if directly translated, 'History's Strongest Warlord' is correct)
    And I thought it was a certain cosmic horror + space version of Bio Shock lolololol
    is this really the novel I read? (Tho I dropped it mid-way)
    But it is a bit suspicious the author is not Calten90 but 'Calten Park'. Did the author Calten90 really authorize this? no idea/confused
    But if this is real, it is impressive that it got purchased huh. but wasn't the novel not that popular?

Comments Below:
    카아알 *probably the author Calten*: Hello! First of all, it is correct that we signed the contract! Currently, we are writing the contract, sending the files and the translation process is on its way! As for the cover, it seems to me that it might be due to it giving a different impression from the korean one but... as I'm no expert in the North American market ㅠㅠ I'm leaving it to whom I have signed the contract with as for now.
    As for the pen name, I wanted to use Calten90 like here in Korea but since they advised me to use a pen name that looks kind of better looking pen name (?) in prevision of the possible events that may be...After thoughts, I've put my last name at the end of it. (Actually, just putting Calten would look more proper)
    > ㅇㅇ (68.183): But it does look a bit disturbing to sign with somewhere who did pirate translation. It's like what the Chinks did...like making a lot of money off with a pirate version of a game and then buying the rights afterward **yes, the comment says "chinks" (짱깨), a very pejorative way to call the chinese people and no, it doesn't mean mobsters at all**

카아알: Ah but could you perhaps tell me exactly which foreign novel community, please? because I don't know much about the foreign sides...
    > ㅇㅇ(68.183): seems he's talking about Reddit
    > ㅇㅇ(211.36): Wow! Congratulation, a foreign tranlation version
    > ㅇㅇ(83.77): I've read it on a place called Novelupdate. The so Metero-strike was advertising themselves tho?
    > ㅇㅇ(83.77): But the reputation doesn't seem so good. would that be alright?

ㅇㅇ(162.243): Those bastards are vicious ones LMAO when I've watched they were guys who did trash talk behind people's back and not afraid of lying lol
    Now when you see how they talk as if they were nice, they seem to think they are superior
    And they were saying they do rewrites as if it was because the korean authors lack **the diversity of** expressions tho?
    > ㅇㅇ(162.243): But it seems they don't have the ressources enough to sign with authors who works with Managements (moreover they are not so well-known) so it looks they are thinking about doing business with gullible authors without managements. **Managements are companies that act like publishing houses**

ㅇㅇ(162.243): Even the precedent time I saw, they were fighting with another translation team but it came out all clearly that they backstabbed and lied first lol
    >ㅇㅇ(162.243): Also, they act very often as if they know a lot when they actually don't know much. It almost would make the author pitiful **in other world, make me feel sorry about him as the MSM version says*

ㅇㅇ(223.39): the cover looks okay
    > 삐꽁개: I also think the cover looks okay...I guess this is a just a malicious post
    > ㅇㅇ(68.183): What malicious post? lol people all have different tastes
    does saying 'this is not to my taste' make it automatically malicious? lol
    But isn't the real point the fact that they are guys who were doing pirate translation, rather than the cover? For me, it looks kind of outrageous.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay.

3. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

4. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there really a need to make a separate post?
    Could have just easily responded to the original one.

5. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you...

I really don't knoe what to do anymore...
    This was all meant to be just a hobby for me and I only did try keeping my group in peace. Never I did go attack or look for trouble until I got aggressions. Even when my group was doing great, never I looked for troubles by trying to pick up novels or whatever. This is killing me and eating me now....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
    reagents 11 likes this.
  6. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a classic deflection of responsibility? The ending was really great IMO. Frankly, I don't give a fuck. Both you and the other group sound like whiny children. Go talk it out in the corner, since clearly both of you are incapable of handling this like adults.

Ichyru and Mufarasu like this.
  7. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Because if I responded there, it would be only a comment among many. This way, i make my statement open and accessible to everybody in the very first page...the last time, the other guys did the same as well so i think i can do the same...

Jiggy likes this.
  8. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just saying i'm innocent...and I'm mentally and emotionally at my limits with this incident so sorry if it may sound like whiny children

9. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This coincidence in my opinion is a bit too coincidental you know what I mean? Like I understand that it's literally what coincidence means but still saying you're not the one at fault here might not make people believe you. Imagine this as the boy who cried wolf story. Every time meteor strike does something, they always find proof to slander you, why would they even bother to go around slandering you. Also I think the last time I saw you post a similar message saying how you don't want to talk. Hmm it makes it less belivable. Why don't you guys solve this by talking it out with each other and explaining it clearly. Cuz every evidence seems to point towards you right now and all you can have to say is "It's not me, it's someone else." Sigh Kobato, I have nothing against you nor do I have anything against MSM but based on Wandering Panda's research the thing looks way too similar. So it's either you or someone on your server using your rant to attack MSM. It's business for the both of you. Hope you feel better to mate.

A Wandering Panda likes this.
  10. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    If the other party made a public claim, it only makes sense to make a public defense, else it looks like a tacit admission of guilt and is bad for publicity

Ghost_Spawn likes this.
  11. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I don't care. Everyone here is random internet people. If you're being bothered and suffering because people are talking shit then leave that shit behind and move on.

GDLiZy, Ichyru and Snowbun like this.
  12. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the qandering panda's resesrch because i really don't think i'm in the state to dig further in this...i'm really emotionally shattered and I can't do anything in calm in a rational and logical way to defend myself right now

13. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I said BOTH of them. After reading up on the other parties biznay, they didn't even contact this guy to see if the claims were true. They immediately went to the forums and threatened to sue. Now, the main reason I say this is because clearly, these guys have a history, and not a very good one. As Kobato said, they're throwing mud at each other and somehow keep missing, lol.

14. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I moved on and just complaining alone in my group because that was all I could do but then this happened...

15. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said you weren't innocent. Most criminals DO say that are just that tho. When you can bring out proof and properly prove you didn't do this, I'll side with you. Until then, no. It's that simple.

16. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't listen to the negative. Also you should take a break, if it's wearing down on you. When your more cool headed then decide what you want to do.

17. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    How should I bring proof for something I did not do..? All I can say is I didn't do and it pains me that there's nothing in my mind I could do...and I'm deafeated...I can't anymore anything

18. OwnerBu

OwnerBu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then be calm and deal with this now or let it go Kobato... Even if you say you don't want to dig further you at least need to proof your innocence or say that it is in fact you. If it is you then don't do it anymore in the future, if it is not prove yourself innocence. Everything is guilty until proven innocent. Being emotionally shatter is no excuse to try and get the people standing on your side. (Or maybe you don't want people on your side, maybe you're just trying to prove your innocence). All I mean to say is either proof yourself not guilty or admit your mistakes and apologize. Don't use emotions as a excuse man up and fight or surrender.

I think you should also take a break if you think it's too much. Ha how fun it is to be bundled in drama, but at the same time how tiring. This is the duality of men. One moment we enjoy something but too much enjoyment makes us sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
  19. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't understand why you add so much importance to this. You should just ignore it after all it's not like any of us will remember this in a few hours.

And I have been reading stuff about proof.... you have to prove nothing as long as you know you didn't it's fine.

Just forget it no one cares about stuff like this.

20. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it innocent until proven guilty?
    How can I prove i'm innocent? I did nothing but how can i prove I did that?
    If I said it was you who did it, how can you prove it wasn't you?? Why fight or surrender in something I didn't look for and didn't create???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.