Discussion (For female BL fans) Would you rather be the seme or the uke?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Sep 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which would you choose to be?

1. Seme

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Uke

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Both

21 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. crimson_carnation

crimson_carnation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter what type of relationship, I think I'll pick 'both'~ :blobthinkingsmirk:

I feel pretty much the same :blob_grin: But seme or uke, I don't think we have to be stereotypical. Maybe we can be the confident and competent uke without being submissive or the kind and loving seme without the pushiness :blobsmirk: Whatever works~

Would it be too shameless if I recommended my novel here? :blobwhistle: The MC is an uke who meets the requirements, but he also acts cute in between :cookie: It's over on Scribblehub and called Heavenly Soul, if you're interested~

2. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    YAOI❤❤❤❤❤❤:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww::aww:

Nyann and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm definitely gonna be a seme!
    A slightly sadistic one on top of that :blobsmirk:
    But I promise I'll pamper you after a bit of bullying :blobwink:

lazuuli, iampsyx and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Results are now viewable without voting, for those of you who want to know how it's going but aren't able to vote.

Right now, it looks like all the options are pretty popular, with "Uke" and "Both" being tied for first place.

yuzuki likes this.
  5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    So much this ahahahahha The ability to make someone swoon with just a smirk is too awesome to pass up. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Seme ftw! Nothing beats a cute and smexy uke, especially a power bottom~ :blobmelt:

lazuuli, Anra7777 and Moonpearl like this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat surprising tbh, but still interesting to know!

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Never had that kind of phase. Ai-chan grew up wanting to be a big slut because sluts get all the fun.

lazuuli, Chize and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uke ofc, cuz i want to be served like a kween~ :blobpopcorn_cool:

9. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    finally, a thread to my question ever since i was middle deep in fujoshi world. i thought i was crazy to thinking of this

anyway, it was both for me...
    cause overpowering a man gives me thrill (sexually) and being ravished thoroughly also great on its own (since i'm still a female a~~)

some hentai manga has this kind of kink tbh and i just found out recently (not futanari, but pure female with p**nis strap)
    and it made me excited to see a man (not bara) being push down like that >.<

lazuuli and Moonpearl like this.
  10. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I would happily like both ways, haha definitely wouldnt mind being a top.

11. Refulgent

Refulgent Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the poll will skew toward uke over the long term, just because it's more rare to find dom-ish females irl (or I would think so, anyways?)

12. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to be both out of curiosity. But if I were a seme, I might become a puppy seme with slight S tendency.. indulging my partner, teasing him to death.. :blobrofl:

13. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's really hard to measure!

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who believes this, but I think the media that we consume influences our sexuality. I think there's a lot of cultural influences on what's "sexy" and what isn't sexy, and those notions definitely carry over into the bedroom. In this sense, it's really hard to test the hypothesis if women really are more subby on average than men, or if it's a product of being culturally conditioned in that way.

I think in the modern era, most people would agree that women are not inherently more submissive or docile or meek than men on a day-to-day living life perspective. However, it was absolutely the case in 18th Century Europe that people believed that women were biologically more docile than men... although to be clear obviously this was never more than a theory since it could never be tested experimentally.

A rather radical proposition -- and I have no evidence for whether it's true or not -- other than the fact that I think it's intriguing food for thought:

What if the biological rate of the "I get a thrill out being a BDSM sub" gene occurs at the same rate in men and women? (I mean, maybe it's not a gene, but suppose the trait occurred at an equal frequency?) Men are incentivized to hide this interest because it's rather culturally shameful and taboo for men to have this trait. For women... the picture can be quite complicated.

I think part of the complexities are grounded in the fact that women can exert (thrilling) power in the bedroom in ways that don't always line up with what is perceived as power through male eyes. Furthermore, there may not be as many opportunities depending on the person and couple. Realistically though, I think that women and men can be equally aggressive in bed regardless of gender.

Additionally, just because there's a stereotype that men are aggressive in bed doesn't mean that it's actually the case. There are plenty of softer and squishier guys that are super gentle and delicate.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Refulgent and AliceShiki like this.
  14. HNCKrstl

HNCKrstl 《The Đevîl's Cøñsørt》『♡Hayyan's Female Version』

Reading List:
    Link
    I find myself quoting @AliceShiki more than voicing my own ideas in threads. But that's only because I agree with those too. :cookie: Uke for me as well although, I have only read FOD and only a few chapters of that. :blobpeek::sushi_dead:

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. Nokiyoh

Nokiyoh {The one with Collarbone fetish}

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a seme material..
    that quite but actually agressive and dominant one in bed seme,even if i'm uke i'll be the quite and polite but actually agressive and dominant uke behind closed door:blobsalt:.

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not both?

Moonpearl likes this.