Mini RPG The Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Ron
    Race: Human
    [​IMG]
    Lockpicking: intermediate
    Acting Innocent: High
    Stealth: High
    Blend into Shadows: intermediate
    [​IMG]
    OoC: Nah, I am gonna use this RP to cultivate a char, which I can use in other future RPs.

'Welp, I've done it now...' the street urchin graduate thought to himself as he escaped the dark alleys of Dorog. His last job has gone well, too well... Though depending on how you look at it, he certainly failed his trade.

'Shouldn't have gone... What is my stash worth with no way to get it?' Alas, with the constables on the hunt and greedy urchins looking to benefit from his failure, there was no place in Forryn for Ron, at least temporarily. What he needed was a safe place, where he could stay till the storm settled down.

As he continued his escape, Ron happened on a truly old establishment. Wondering whether it is still running, he came inside hoping that he would at the very least be able to stay a night.

"Ummm Hallo? Anybody here?"

@Haxagen

2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The lobby had been quiet save for the mumblings of it's first visitors up until now, but that was about to change. As a clock mounted on the wall struck...some kind of whole hour---the symbols rather proving difficult to read---and two rings filled the lobby, the lights went out.

Barely a second later they lit back up again, but the seat behind the counter was no longer empty. A lady that seemed to be in her thirties sat there, writing on a pad of paper. Her skin was tinted light blue.

leegood and MaliMi like this.
  3. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Around the same time as when the young knight was heading towards the building, a young apprentice mage had also found himself within this fogged land of grass and mud.

When he found himself parched of thirst, from his leather bag he took out a small container made of sheep skin and a thin sheet of paper with a small rune inscribed on it.

After placing it between his fingers, he began the
    OOC: Why the fuck does school have to start right before I make my character...either way, just wait for me, please man?

4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Bruh, I'm not opening up with an event. Chill down a bit, ya eager beaver. It's not like you'll lose out on anything here.

Zone Q11 and MaliMi like this.
  5. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ummm... Good Evening. C-can I-I stay h-here for th-the night?" Ron asked the receptionist. It might have seemed as a shy stuttering of a nervous child, but everything was well planned. Though as Ron kept growing up, he was not sure for how long will he be able to keep using this tactic.

6. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Around the same time as when the young knight was heading towards the building, a young apprentice mage had also found himself within this fogged land of grass and mud.

When he found himself parched of thirst, from his leather bag he took out a small container made of sheep skin and a thin sheet of paper with a small rune inscribed on it.

After placing it between his fingers, he began the
    Thanks, but I wanna make my posts as detailed as possible, or at least make it seem polished.

7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: *shrugs*
    The lady looked up for a moment, sizing him up before scribbling something down on a blank handheld whiteboard, handing it over.

[First time?]

8. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ummm...y-yes ma'am?"

SquadCammander354 and Haxagen like this.
  9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    More scribbling.

[Very well. There is a vacancy, so here you go. Hold it as you would hold a key when opening a door, and turn it ninety degrees to the right.]

She passed over a golden key with [243] carved into it.

MaliMi likes this.
  10. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, I posted a bit of what I was writing.

11. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I’ll join once the GF is gone.

12. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's just like @Raidou99.

Fossil likes this.
  13. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ummm... I d-do not have much money on me... How much d-does it cost for a night?"

Zone Q11 and SquadCammander354 like this.
  14. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    @Haxagen, what's the character template, also I'm gonna say that we have to register our status's on a page from a book, and everytime you look for a new page to update your status later on, no matter where in the book, even front and back, there will always be a blank page for you to find, and an old one you wish to go back to.

15. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    It is~ good job recognizing

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  16. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link

After placing it between his fingers and stretching his arm out towards his front, he began the short incantation that would activate the talisman between him fingers.

"Aqua!"

Boosh!! With a short yelp, the talisman between his fingers erupted into a gush of water that flowed out like a pour, yet it did not fall and stayed very much in the air.

"Phew, this much should be good, now to add some minerals so that the water doesn't kill me from the inside."

Contradicting popular belief, water conjured out of mana is simply the purest form of H2O, and because of how pure it is, it actually becomes poisonous to the body. The minerals that are collected inside the water is what gives it flavor and without it, not only does it become almost tasteless, it passes through your entire system and destroys it.

Therefore one of the first things that a mage learns is how to control his abilities, and how it can backfire whenever possible. So in this case, mana would be used to collect very small fragments of earth to be put in a cup of conjured water, or a container.

Glug, glug, phua!

"Fuck is it still the shittiest drink ever though." Whilst using words unbefitting of a scholar, did he finally arrive at the same building that led the naive knight over. However unlike the man who came before him, the mage used his brain and released his sensory magic throughout the landscape, discovering some interesting details.

'Not only are there several more footprints coming from every direction, there are also clear signs of battle scattered around, I need to find something to look into even if their the flesh has already rotted away... ah, correct. Depending on the incident, stains of blood can be preserved naturally for even decades.'

With a simple investigation, he had already tensed up his muscles and with great courage did he begin looking around with his guard raised high. He reminded himself to try and not gloss over any of the remaining details.

First thing to explore were the bloodstains left on the wall, it was not fresh by any means, but instead a rather dark crimson, then after considering that the fingerprints still looked as accurate as a real human hand, but then when taking into consideration the state of the corpse, the man could've died a year or two ago. All that remained of him now was a mound of dirt, some tattered clothes, a blue stone, and finally in a bottle with a letter inside.

'These clothes are too tattered and washed out, and there are no form of identifications on this person, but it is clear that this man was a mage similar to me considering his staff contained a mana crystal inside. Sadly all of his equipment are in the same state as his clothes, however...the most troublesome aspect aren't his equipment, but rather the big hole on the side of his coat.

It's large, like a big beast had the galls to bite at a mages waist. Perhaps he was too confident in his magic shield or maybe he was caught off guard, one thing is for certain however, and it is that I am not alone on these planes.'

The man felt his mind droop, and a cold sweat perforated his body. With no choice left, he went inside the hotel that looked incredibly suspicious on the outside, but the alluring lights from inside were too strong to bare, and while gnawing his thumb, found his eyes rooted on the handle that opened the door.

After pulling open the glass door, he found himself in a large and almost empty lounge, where the seats were not draped in leather, but a soft material, and a squishy mattress that made ones body grow loose. However that was not his destination, as he headed straight towards the receptionist desk.

OOC: @Haxagen

17. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Huh...just list my characteristics? Okay, I can do that."

Sitting down at a table in the waiting room for the hotel, I started answering the various questions. "Name is...hm, I guess it wouldn't hurt to put my real one in, but for now I'll just stick with Phantasm." I'm probably being a little too cautious, but that's never hurt anyone before. "Race. ...I'll just put down human. It's what I started as, after all." I smile slightly, even as it's hidden behind my hood. It wasn't fun on my journey here, and it certainly wasn't easy. However, I still don't regret my choices. Moving on to the next question, it's finally one that I don't need to think twice about. "Gender is male, obviously."

Next the check in wants to know my...three sizes? ...I'll just leave that as N/A and move on. Weight is...seriously? Followed by that last question, I'm surprised this hotel isn't out of business yet. As for the rest, it's asking about my capabilities, occupation, and other aspects about me. I choose to leave it mostly empty. All I say for my capabilities is that I'm able to swing a sword, my job is a swordsman, and I have black hair. Everything else is not necessary to be known. After all, I've been constantly changing ever since I absorbed that chaos energy. I can only hope that nothing bad happens now, at least not before I kill him.

Taking the sheet of paper back to the reception desk, I wait for the receptionist to look it over. Hopefully they won't ask me to reveal more. Otherwise I'll need to find another place to stay while I recover my strength.

18. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    @Haxagen

19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    [It's free, but it won't be soon enough if you keep bothering me, yes?]
    OOC: You do know I wrote it very clearly in the rules that nobody actually needs to fill in a template. Which means I don't have a template. Which also means none of you bothered to read.
    The lady at the counter spared him a fleeting glance, before pointing to the paper pinned onto the board beside her.
    "......"

*Scribble*

[Room 162. Hold your key before you and turn it as you would turn a regular key.]

The black key was tossed over the counter.

MaliMi, Fossil and SquadCammander354 like this.
  20. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you," I said before grabbing my key and heading to the elevator. I need to stabilize the chaotic energies in me before too long, and I'd prefer to do that in private. Looking at the buttons, I immediately grew wary of the hotel. There's normally only one button when you're at the base, but for this hotel there's two. Not letting my curiosity get the better of me, I went one floor up to where my room is located. Turning right, I spread out my consciousness to see if could penetrate the doors with it. The answer was a frightening no, making me ever more glad that I lied about name. Though, it's also a good thing as now I don't have to worry about someone spying on me.

Moving towards my room at a slightly faster rate, I use my key to open the door. It's...empty. There's no lights, no chairs, no table, no anything. Heck, there doesn't even seem to be a floor or ceiling. Thinking to myself about what this could mean, I step inside. As soon as I do, everything turns bright as I'm greeted with a lovely room with a queen-sized bed, a sofa, kitchen, dining room, and much more. Perhaps the emptiness was a method of privacy? I did feel something invade my consciousness too, probably as a method of identification so that no one else can come in to my room unauthorized.

Heading towards the bed, I take off my cloak, hang it up, and lay down. Most people like to meditate sitting up, but stabilizing the chaotic energies inside of me is far too painful to be able to do in that position. That's why I've always favored laying down since I absorbed the energy. Slowly, I let my consciousness seep into my body as I begin monotonously circulating the energy.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Zone Q11 likes this.