Movie Spider Man Far From Home

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    They did try to change standard american high school tropes but yeah I know what you mean. While I appreciate the quality of the first Spiderman, the tragedy bums me out. That martyr syndrom damn... at least it ends in the second movie but still.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of watching such media , I watch videos mocking them although cinemasins has gotten stale

My brother enjoyed it. Marvel have perfected the formula but I wonder if fans won't get jaded? Well, I wondered 5 years ago but with so many superheroes yet to have their first live adaptation like Black Panda was 5 years ago, the possibilities are endless

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't stand those youtubers that just watch or play something and share their irrelevant opinions, they might be fun like the entertaining guy in school but there are much much better ways to spend time.
    Just watched Absolute Zero documentary, the first half was a bit too historical but the second half was awesome.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    The movie was good, the changes to established characters kind of bugs me when you're claiming in Beck's 'story' that this is Earth 616, but that aside, I enjoyed the film and the changes. I still wonder how they are going to work certain things like Flash Thompson going from jock to soldier to Venom into his current arrogant young master bit. MJ being more noticeably academically inclined rather than the party girl she was in most of the Marvel Multiverse was nice, made me associate her with the Ultimate Marvel incarnation.

My biggest question and concern is what happens to this story they set up with the Sony/Marvel split. I still want to see the Spider-Man unmasked type storyline. Whether it includes Kraven the Hunter or not as the villain is debatable. And I do think they could still tell the story without Marvel, but I think it would be missing a lot. These little interactions between Parker and other members of the MCU such as Hill, Fury, Happy, etc are part of what made the new Spider-man movies good in my opinion. They helped link it to this larger framework that the last 2 Spider-man film incarnations lacked. I get that Spider-man is more of a neighborhood level hero, much akin to Daredevil, Luke Cage and the rest of Heroes for Hire, but because he has all these connections with the larger MCU characters, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers and so on, it makes the character feel more like he is part of the larger world outside Queens. Without the MCU I don't think they can do the unmasking justice, and while they could still make a good sequel I don't think it will be quite as good since you would be taking this character from part of this large community back down to the focused small area. Add to that, if they skip the unmasking, they're going to have to do a deus ex machina fix on it by just saying something like Strange or Fury or Edith handled it and pretend it never happened.