Discussion New lease at life.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jiang Chen forever, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Jiang Chen forever

Jiang Chen forever Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One morning, a few years ago i woke up feeling like a new person, I don't know what changed but i felt happy, satisfied and excited. My social anxiety was gone and my depression was completely non existent. I was outgoing, kind and compassionate. I made countless number of friends. This was the happiest period of my life. Yet, this happiness and satisfaction only lasted a month because after that one month,I was back. Sad, depressed and anxious.
    Now my question is, what happened to me during those two mornings, because i have been trying to return to that one month me for years. It feels like looking for an oasis in the desert.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is called "Enlightenment" :blobpeek:

3. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone died and reincarnated into your body, was happy for a few days because he got to keep living, but then you began to take back over your body and the other soul faded back out of existence.

4. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you stopped thinking for awhile and that's what did it.
    ( Not automatic thoughts like "ouch that's hot" but intentional analyzing thoughts for things not happening in the moment like "why did they say that yesterday?" )

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a long awaited struggle over some thoughts was rectified, so you felt free from emotional burden.

Why it went away, maybe the daily hassle beat the happiness out..

6. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may have a chemical imbalance that causes depression and you may have had enough sun or the right amount of vitamins for that one month. Your body gradually used them up without getting enough through our that time period. Some people specifically need to take extra vitamins because their body processes them to quickly, doesn't absorb them properly, or needs more than average. An example is that many people get seasonal depression due to lack of vitamin D from sunlight in the winter.

7. Jiang Chen forever

Jiang Chen forever Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, that makes a bit of sense because during the winter, my depression intensifies. Thank you, maybe I'll try balancing out my nutrition.

Avoid, Imperiestro and Stephanie1399 like this.
  8. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh.

Sounds neat lol.

I myself have had days where I just have a large amount of giddy happiness. It usually wanes a bit when I encounter someone annoying, but it goes away the next day hah.

9. Refulgent

Refulgent Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That winter depression thing is pretty appropriately named SAD - seasonal affective disorder. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

Be kind to yourself, that includes nutrition and hygiene of course, but also pay attention to your thoughts even when just resting. If you had a friend who was constantly beating you up over trifles and bringing up every bad thing that ever happened to you, would you stay friends with them? (I hope the answer is no...) You don't need that kind of person in your life, so make sure they're not in your head, either. They probably will never go away forever though, so just let those thoughts float on by, don't let them grab hold of you.

10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    You were dreaming...in fact, you’re still dreaming...this post doesn’t even exist...:eek:

AMissingLinguist and Refulgent like this.
  11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody slipped in happy pills into your drink. Only you didn't know it because you're not on any medication. Then the person thought the experiment was a success and stopped spiking your drink, which got you depressed again.

If you have a little brother, Ai-chan would be suspicious of him. If you're a hot girl living with your family, Ai-chan would be suspicious of your big brother. If you live with friends, Ai-chan would be suspicious of your roommate. If none of these apply, it is most likely that chemistry student or pharmacist from down the street.

orematcha and mangoberry like this.