Recommendations Novel where the ML treats Fl like shit and she leaves him

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by katofu, Jul 13, 2019.

1. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I’m looking for novels where the male lead treats the female lead like shit for whatever reason. Despite the repeated aggravations/deal Breakers, the female lead puts up for it for the sake of their relationship but eventually breaks up with him to find someone better. The male lead regrets his decision after a while but it’s too late. —Something similar might be like Remarried Empress (emperor takes in vixen like concubine...no longer favors the empress and proceeds to treat her poorly then she remarries a neighboring emperor after divorcing him) or The Decade of Deep Love (also a bl webtoon called 10 years that I loved you..ml treats the mc badly and even the mc knows that the ml is cheating on him but he puts up with for the sake of their long relationship and after he’s diagnosed with cancer he meets a doctor who falls in love with him and blah blah u get it lol) honestly just really looking for a novel that displays a toxic relationship between two characters and one of them moves on and lives a good ol life hehe ty in advance for any recommendations :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    syofiaa and lazynoodles like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shinsori translated this depressing oneshot where MC got his engagement broken by fiancée because he kept repeating "If you don't stop i will break our engagement" from childhood to today:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/mahou-no-kotoba-nante-nai/
    Just a little (big) problem... the link to the chapter in shinsori is not working anymore and can't find it again if you search the website. Maybe Shinsori was too embarassed to translate this depressing story when the rest is only good.
    I didn't try but maybe you can find it if you google it.

syofiaa likes this.
  4. king cooly

king cooly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. sanushilshad

sanushilshad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    if it's about scum males, there are a few I know, but they're all bl:blobsmilehappyeyes:

7. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to Reddit and check out the relationship advice subreddit yo, best source for this shit

maymthu, The1Rin, Rovvo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pandapat

Pandapat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The posts there range from "my boyfriend wore an ugly sweater? Is this a red flag"
    Too
    "My husband cheats on me and beats me up, yesterday my friend bought up how I should leave him. Is she being a toxic friend and should i end the friendship?"

maymthu, Ghost123 and Rovvo like this.
  10. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Between that subreddit, AmITheAsshole and Politics, I can keep my blood pumping even without a heart!

Ghost123 likes this.
  11. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    I have anger issue cause i can't handle toxic relationship where ML abused physically and emotionally MC, I started to disdain and hate Author for getting mc back with ML and forgive him despite him abused her and treated her like shit. I have No Idea why translator translated this kind of novel that make me or reader angry extremely.
    If only translator warn us that novel is abused, toxic and angst in first chapter, I will avoid it without reading. There aren't warning in first chapter, I have to read spoiler or review before reading novel.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    The crazy adventure of wu gates, ML betrayed mc, MC leave him and choose decent second ML who sacrificed himself for mc.
    I like ML regret part, I enjoying reading him missing mc, living lonely, dreaming MC come back to him. If only there were novel like this where mc didn't choose ML but choose decent man who appear at last or middle of plot. If I were Author, I will change plot, Iove to torture that asshole ML, making mc choose decent guy at ending. Too bad I am girl with Low IQ and short memory who kept forgetting word, even english wasn't my first language

Ghost123 likes this.
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Shinsori

Shinsori Cliffmeister

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  16. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, here's what I know...
    1. Originally a WN, 2 volumes have been published in LN. So far as I know there are no differences between the two.
    2. One of the manga starts from Dahliya's childhood, the other jumps straight into her adult life. The novel starts from her adulthood and describes her childhood in memories and reflections.
    3. The novel starts with Dahliya's ex-fiance ending their engagement and announcing his intention to marry someone else on the day of the wedding. (At least it wasn't a big social/religious ceremony like most cultures have but rather the two of them signing marriage papers at the local official registry.) Dissolving the engagement included her ex buying her half of their new house. However, Dahliya had already arranged for her belongings to be delivered there, so when she and her best friend's husband arrived that afternoon, less than an hour later, to pick up her stuff, the girlfriend's clothes are hanging in her closet, the bed that Dahliya had made up that morning was rumpled, and it's implied that the ex and the girlfriend are hiding from Dahliya in the ensuite.
    4. Ex later proves himself an all-round dick by asking for the return of Dahliya's betrothal bracelet (equivalent of engagement ring) that social custom says should not be returned but sold by the jilted bride and used to support herself in the wake of the broken engagement (just to show how classy he is, he intends to give it to the new girl). Dahliya later discovers that Ex also filed ownership papers for her latest invention in his name (on the grounds that they were getting married and would be partners anyway), and she tells him, sign it back over or she'll sue, and she has all the developmental notes so she'll win and drag him through the mud. He tells her that she'll never do business with his company ever again, and she says that's fine. (Like she would ever have willingly had anything to do with him and his company again anyway.)
    5. This is the end of Ex's appearances in the novel. His life is now fully unentangled from Dahliya's and she's determined to never waste another thought on the jerk. And she doesn't.

This is when the real love interest appears. He's a young knight in a prominent strike unit whom Dahliya finds and helps when she's out for a day of foraging. They start chatting about his equipment and Dahliya is inspired to improve and develop several devices by several of his comments. He and she develop their friendship and slowly fall in love as Dahliya works to establish her reputation as a skilled Magical Device Craftsman while he works to improve his skills as a knight. Most of the story is about that, and not the romance. Another reason why the romance is sidelined is because the characters sideline it themselves. Their romance is not socially acceptable, because, he being a minor noble and she a craftsman, their social ranks are too separate. So they both keep their feelings to themselves and publicly and to each other maintain they are just friends.

At this point in the novel the two's friends are aware of the situation and it is implied that, as their feelings are genuine, she's a rising star and he's only a minor noble, a marriage between them would be "forgiven" - but that would require them to admit they love each other first.

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^" No need for all the infos. I didn't really say but i finished reading the translated mangas chapters.
    I just wanted to hear if Ex will re-appear or something or ends up as a beggar or something (i would dislike that because despite him being a dick, i dislike seeing people suffer).
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH ! That would be interesting to see MC develop more stuff but near no romance at all !? Sigh... ultra disappointed... i guess i will drop continuing reading this series.
    But it's kinda true that the series would ends too fast if romance bloomed easily.

Ghost123 likes this.
  18. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the explanation! I still don't get why there is a need for 2 separate mangas though...

19. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Unrepentant

20. Neneee

Neneee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rania want to QT likes this.