Discussion How many beautiful girls can there be???

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RealReviews, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealReviews

RealReviews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but authors usually makes all fat Characters the same lol and idk I just feel like every male character thats introduced and Is pretty strong the author just copies and pasted their description

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    And they are all virgins no one ever bothered with until the MC showed up.

I think many of us think of these girls as humans but in reality they are insects. The are all uber ugly, then go into their cacoon stage and turn into butterflies when MC shows up.

reagents 11 and Nusan like this.
  3. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! Somehow every girl has an "ice heart" but then the mc does the smallest act of kindness and boom instantly in love lol its so forced and rushed it leaves no time for us to be interested, I'd love for one day the mc to get rejected and move on

4. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    That's an interesting way to look at it and that's also highly disturbing.

5. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That problem mostly exists in cultivation novels read a few CN novels not of that genre by example Son-con, Dangerous Girls Jeopardy, Kings Avatar, or the Witch story.

RealReviews likes this.
  6. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Er gen female MCs are not beautiful, usually. Except a will eternal.

Li muwan was beautiful but not a heavenly beauty(renegade immortal).
    Xu Qing was a normal looking girl as well(issth).

7. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    Got got got nothin on you baby got nothin on.

Vudoodude likes this.
  8. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss Katawa Shoujo where the girl is not smooth at all

9. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but that ain't the point really.

He's complaining about how every girl is a jade skinned beauty, peerless, perfect, world endlingly gorgeous...and have like a dozen others who are equally "peerless"

Because asians have such common traits among them in terms of hair and eye color, the really pretty girls are all fairly similar in appearance. That isn't bad. But when you know that it's based off asian beauty standards, and make EVERYONE peerless beauties....well they have nothing to differentiate them. Because they can all be described as jade skinned black haired beauties unless specifically described otherwise.

And it's not a problem of every heroine being essentially the same in terms of colorings. It's also one of why every single one is so damn beautiful. Like I said, peerless. Why can't one be beautiful, and another cute? Those kinda novels need to understand a thing called variety.

When every girl is a disaster class beauty, but you don't make an effort to differentiate them at all then you have the same girl copy and pasted who you can't care about because in asian novels--mainly chinese--they all have almost the same personality anyway. Either cold and indifferent or warm and crazy devoted to the Mc...or righteous and annoying like female officers in wuxia novels.

But yeah. Those kind of novels have little difference between heroines or even the MCs. And why is that bad? Because it's based off asian stuff but fuck it's a NOVEL set in FANTASY WORLDS...You can change shit up a little. Don't make cookie cutter characters of the characters who should be standing apart the most, you feel me? Making them all beautiful just doesn't cut it.

Edit: I mean usually they don't describe details, only calling them beautiful or alluring without any remark on personal traits they themselves have. So that's why. Asian novels never really go into such details, I notice.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Japorea, Moy, Ai chan and 1 other person like this.
  10. Nusan

Nusan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well the only ones who are described as super uber beautiful are usually important people in reality if you see that someone isn't just receptionist but beautiful receptionist you can easily see that they are really strong or are from important families or will be used in plot later on author just don't want to describe every person also if he have to make someone important ugly it would be unlogical since we can often see beaty cream and the likes

11. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like I should've just wrote that and now what I said feels sub par compared to your comment, you just turned my post into your post lol really couldn't have said it better though

12. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    You all have fair points...
    But is nobody considering that it's actually probable for all of the women, at least in cultivation novels, to be breathtakingly beautiful?

Think about it. After reaching a certain point in cultivation, depending on the story, it becomes exceedingly easy for a cultivator to change their bone structure, or even reform and change their entire body.

The higher the realm you go to, the younger people will be able to reach said stage. Chances are, at some realm, everyone is at this level by like age 10. You give teens the ability to change their appearances, and you know they're going to make themselves as handsome or beautiful as they can manage. What does that give you? Waves of beauties and handsome boys.

I'm more surprised we don't have more stories with beautiful women/men being creeped out by fangirls/guys changing themselves to look exactly like them, or stalkers changing themselves successively to look like every guy/girl their stalkee interacts with amicably in hopes of getting close.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  13. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    :p Get cucked yo. But thanks. I also felt the same. Never understood why these authors can make an effort to go into details. Always just saying they're pretty and that's it. Well then yeah we picture a pretty girl but what about the HUNDREDS OF OTHER pretty girls you're telling us about?

Least Japanese novels gives us pictures and neat hair colors. Korean and chinese? Even if they do you cant tell them apart. Of course it's kinda different. I noticed chinese novel covers are more like 3D and so every pretty girl looks the same, since, again, asian beauty standards are so one track minded. Having oval faces and thin, willow frames are common. For example look at Martial God asura. Go to the will, look up the girls, and you can't see much between any.

Japanese novel covers got an anime style tho. It's easier to tell girls apart. They a lot more colorful. I feel chinese novels should do that too. If you keep the faces and bodies the same at least give them different hair colors.

RealReviews likes this.
  14. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you're point but not too many people actually change their body structure unless its absolutely needed, girls do always try to keep themselves young and I have no problem with that, but I haven't seen authors go out and say that everyone is beautiful because of well anything lol they just are, what you said makes sense but its just a theory that were forced to come up with to justify lazy writing.

15. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! Lol they're all deadass "beautiful Black hair with a fair snow white skin" and " amazing curves" like woah lol what diversity

16. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I am we don't NEED them to be unique and different. But it's just seeing the see words repeated over and over is damn annoying. "Jade skin"....if I had a penny for every time I've read those words i'd be a pretty rich man.

RealReviews likes this.
  17. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can get the answer by using 'Author's law'.

18. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    Fr lol if they're gonna describe them the same at least use different words, they just copy and paste whatever the epiphany of beauty is and boom

19. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, the authors of those novels are definitely being super lazy just making them all beautiful with no explanation, I was just saying that if such things were possible in real life, those things would probably happen.
    Everyone being beautiful, in an ideal world, would also lead to people putting more value in the personalities of their partner, but chances are the ideals of beauty would just change instead. And then again, and again, as people change their appearance to match and new ideals are again adopted. It would be like fashion. Except people would be changing their entire appearance, and not just their outfits.

20. RealReviews

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing your profile picture brought back terrible memories... Still waiting on season 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.