Does that count as consent?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Say a guy walks by a woman (neither know each other) and she shouts, "I want a guy to take my virginity right here and now! I want it rough, baby!" So, he grabs her from behind and strips both of their clothes off and starts riding her like Seabiscuit! After doing his thing with her, she asks "Why did you do that?" He tells her "I was only taking you up on your demands that you just loudly stated!"

Does that count as consent provided she didn't say or express "no"? Keep in mind that all of this took place in public.

2. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely consent, it's not like she screamed no while she was being taken. Though the shamelessness of the guy, it would have been far smoother for the guy to take her by the waist and head to a love hotel or something.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Not consent, because she did not specifically give consent to him.

There are women who freeze up when being raped and don’t say “no,” because their “fight or flight” response is to freeze.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2019
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless she said ‘no’ or ‘stop’ at some point during this, I’d say... probably? From a legal standpoint? Sounds workable. Idk.

More importantly, they’re both going to jail for having sex in the middle of the street, so it doesn’t really matter.

5. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    If she said "I want the first available guy to take my virginity right here and now! I want it rough, baby! Any guy will do!" or something similar, is it consent then?

6. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not even within the context of the question. She asked to be fucked, someone obliged. An asshole that couldn't even give her privacy? Yes. Rapist? No.

7. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    There's that but seriously, y'all people need to react to the act in order to do something about it. I mean seriously, if your being forced to do something you don't like then you should work against it.

8. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    I vaguely remember something like this coming up in my Law class, and the answer the judges came to was “no.” But I could be wrong, it’s been a couple of years.

9. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's illegal. Having sex in a public place is ridiculous. What kind of man would **** someone just like that? After hearing her shouting that she wants sex who would say "lucky!! let's have some fun today". My point being, a scene like that would never happen and if it happens, no civilized person would do something like that. Let's have sex in a private place with someone that you had a least talked for 15 minutes, with protection as well!

10. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not something you can do anything about consciously. Playing dead or trying to deescalate the situation by being passive against an aggressor is a survival mechanism.

11. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a thing that is called "dubcon" ("dubious consent"), which is like a gray area between consent and rape! My scenario here looks like it could be that though dubcon is more so in fan-fics!

Well, if it happened in Central Park near some bushes, they are in a somewhat of private place of a public setting!

Also, even though they tend to do in behind closed doors, banging a stranger happens at times. They call it "one-night stands"!

12. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely not consent. The guy could for sure be prosecuted for rape. There were even witnesses. What was he thinking. You want to be sure you have consent, get it in writing. He should have found a good lawyer first.

13. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol,I don't know how it works in the states but if something like that happens in a park here in Brazil, it'd be illegal, even in the bushes.

14. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    With the details and examples I gave in my prev. posts here, how would it be rape?

15. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go up to the crazed whamen and ask "You want sum fuk?"
    If answer == yes:
    get fucking
    else:
    no fucking

16. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should be talking to your lawyer

17. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically no legally speaking. Just because they are asking for it, doesn’t mean they are asking for it from you. Be safe, don’t do something to land yourself in jail.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  18. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it all goes up in smoke because she was the one that approached him for sex which shows intent and consent. It may not have been specific but her "request" was "anyone will do", which includes him. It's dodgy as hell and I'd personally be suspicious if she was out to backmail me with it later but legally he's in the clear. Doesn't mean someone can't try to blackmail or sabotage him with a fake police report though. It's always harder for a guy to prove his innocence in cases like these.

Which legal precedent is this? Was there a case that demonstrated that it was illegal?
    Stupid I agree but fortunately and unfortunately, stupidity is not illegal or jails would overflow.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2019
  19. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Gross..never happen irl..'riding her like Seabiscuit' extra gross..do you have these dreams often ? *seek therapy*

20. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have alcohol specifically to create situations that would “never happen”.

Sabruness, Kuro_0ni, lychee and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.