Discussion How many beautiful girls can there be???

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by RealReviews, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, in some harem series the sexiest/hottest/most beautiful girls might be the girls that are not the female leads. This is especially the case when the female lead might be flat-chested.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think it's kinda silly if a novel depicts everyone as the most beautiful in the world, but I generally expect every single character in most works to be somewhat beautiful, because... Well, why make them ugly?

It's more like being beautiful is just the default option, making them ugly should have a reason that will lead to some development IMO... Like having a complex with their appearance or the like.

I mean, would you rather read about pretty or ugly characters? I know which one I prefer.

Having them all as super duper ultimate mega beautiful is dumb though... >.>

3. RealReviews

RealReviews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw someone comment something like "they where all beautiful, hence none were beautiful" or something like that lol which perfectly describes how I feel about making all the characters good looking

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for me they just need to be beautiful because the cover art (and LN illustrations, and the manga adaptation, and the anime adaptation too) will look better if they're beautiful, but more often than not, their appearance won't really matter much or anything to the story, so it's not a problem if everyone looks as pretty as the other.

So... I'd only find it weird if the story bothered to highlight how beautiful a character was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.