Just Run

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ali was a beautiful, smart, and talented teenager with loving parents. But after high school something prompted her to try heroin. Her parents noticed changes in her and sent her to a rehabilitation facility after Ali eventually admitted the impact it was having on her. After treatment, they asked what she would tell her friends about trying drugs. Her advice: “Just turn and run.” She urged that “just saying no” wasn’t enough.

Tragically, Ali relapsed and died at age twenty-two of an overdose. In an attempt to keep others from the same fate, her heartbroken parents appeared on a local news program encouraging listeners to “run for Ali” by staying far from situations where they could be exposed to drugs and other dangers.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels/manga r the drugs that help me run from reality...

yue chen, Chrono Vlad, Kirill and 6 others like this.
  3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont use it too often then. It may even cause you harm......

4. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand, she died of overdose. So was she continuing drugs after rehab or was it something during rehab.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I see wrong here is the name, and I made sure from wiki, Ali is a male name :blobpeek:
    [​IMG]
    :blobrofl:

Wujigege likes this.
  6. mm38910

Reading List:
    Link
    It is mainly a male name. But I thought this was a made-up story to deter others from drugs, no links.
    Edit - I was wrong.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Aliyah?
    She relapsed which means she got back into drugs after her rehab

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a real story, I saw a news clip on it on YouTube a few months ago but could not locate it
    This is a religious link but its the best source I can find at the moment
    https://odb.org/2019/09/18/turn-and-run

Also the name is probably Ailee

9. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, wiki. But yeah, it is no doubt a Males name, it's most definitely a nickname or an abbreviation of the original full name in this particular context.

10. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about heroin is that it's one of the most addicting drugs out there, top 3 easily--just one try is enough to get you hooked. Like most drugs, it's easy to build a tolerance. However, the addiction will cause you to be more dependant on it, and with the tolerance, you need to use more and more to get your high. That's why it's so easy to overdose on heroin.

Even rehab has limited success to completely cure heroin addiction. Drug rehab isn't a physical therapy, so the only way to see progress is through sheer will power. All they do in drug rehab is locked you up with other drug addicts along with therapists and psychologists until you seem past the withdrawal/dependancy stage. So more often than not, you'll see relapses.

11. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
  12. mm38910

Reading List:
    Link
    It was Alison. I did some digging after your comment.
    Here are the related links
    https://fox59.com/2017/05/12/parents-share-message-after-daughters-heroin-overdose/amp/
    The charity walk
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/run-for-ali-5k-runwalk-tickets-71225841409

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    reagents 11, otaku31 and Wujigege like this.
  13. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why man, follow great figures like bob Marley and snoop and stop it at marijuana. That shit is leeeegit!! .

PS- joking, don't do anything that messes with Ur brain. We don't even know completely how our brain works so it says even more not to mess up something you don't know about.

It's Very hard not get incorporated when all your friends think it's normal, and view it as being part of "brohood", but you need to politely decline even if ur curious.

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, vaping has started killing people.
    Because it isn't like cigarettes, people underestimated the danger.

15. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll be a hypocrite saying this, but overdoing anything is bad for you.

My current addiction is reading novels. I have had TV addiction, manga addiction, addiction to losing weight (borderline anorexic), I have been addicted to running before (till I hurt my knee), driving car addiction.

I never allow myself to touch cigarettes or drugs or gamble, but I’m afraid I have alcoholic tendencies despite drinking no more than a glass of something like beer per week.

Addiction can be in many forms, but perhaps it comes from a habit that stems out of boredom (in my case), or insecurity (in the case of peer pressure, but for that you need to have some fake friends in the first place), or some other emotional state.

Of course real hard drugs are dangerous and addictive and all that, but so are painkillers like panadol, or nasal spray for blocked sinuses.

I guess we just need to be conscious of our daily habits and try to keep things in moderation??

Snowbun and Traveling Chef like this.
  16. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    bleugh! as if heroin was a real problem ._. first lets get rid of the big boys smoking and drinking v.v

reagents 11 likes this.
  17. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I had an Aunt who, after decades of drugs and abusive boyfriends, came to live with us in the old family home. she was addicted to alcohol, heroin, and crack cocaine. after living with us for a few years, some years back , she went on a two-week-long bender (for those not in the know a bender is like a binge-drinking spree) where she would down alcohol and drugs basically like they were water. we tried helping her the whole time she lived with us and even before that my father tried his best to get his sister away from abusive boyfriends and away from the drugs. she never listened, instead, she must have decided she'd had enough of this world because after drinking vodka like it was water and presumably doing crack in similar amounts for two weeks she disappeared. then my father's mother(my grandmother) informed us they had located her in a nearby hospital in a comatose state. the last time I saw my Aunt conscious, she was drunk, and the last time I saw her alive she was comatose.

addiction is one of the hardest things to deal with, both for the addict and for a caring family who just wants to see them get out of the drugs and alcohol. too many places treat addicts like criminals instead of treating them like patients who need help.

my brothers Best friend has alcoholic tendencies in his family and in recent years he has gotten really really bad with the drinking, we have tried to help without pushing him away but instead, he found himself a girlfriend who is a bartender and has begun enabling his alcoholism so he stays with her.

that isn't to say alcohol and drugs are bad, anything used excessively can bring harm to you, everything depends on moderation and knowing your limits, or listening to friends who truly care for you.

I love food, but if I were to just start gorging myself on everything I could eat it could easily kill me in just a day or two.
    hell some people here can attest that they are addicted to reading novels and other literature, but if you start forgetting to eat, bathe, sleep constantly to read more then you should seek help~

TL;DR
    what I'm trying to say is, do what you want with your life but know the consequences of your actions don't always fall on just you, try to be moderate with your vices, and don't judge others too harshly.
    I try to live my life this way(even if I don't always succeed)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Meloman, Snowbun and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because my mom was a cigarette addicted when she was pregnant I had a lot of trouble when I was young. I remember being 7 8 yo trying to find some cigarette in the streets, when I was 13 yo I smoked a little bit of it and I turned into an animal, my stepfather had to beat the shit out of me to control me. That's why I totally despise pregnant people drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes.

reagents 11, Meloman and Wujigege like this.
  19. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    For that we need a hero with a very very strong plot armor. XD

Meloman and Wujigege like this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Some kids are born drunk if their mothers drank during pregnancy
    and I am not joking. It is a real thing
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2794811/

I was tricked into drinking canned Heineken as a kid
    I have drunk wine for wine class but I rather drink Grape juice or Root beer(zero alcohol content)

Traveling Chef likes this.