Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. wny

wny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tq for the spoiler...hope will be new spoiler for next 3 days..

2. Nese

Nese Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I have these 3 days off. My semester will start from coming Monday. ..want to read as much as possible before the classes commence ....i really like this novel

3. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for answering me! I didn't remember a kid in the random mtl I did, and I had the feeling somehow that the kid may not have been his, so I thought I would ask.

4. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    921-940

921 – A staff member came to remind everyone of the time. Lu Dongliu then asked Qiao Luna to get on stage first as Sun and Jicheng needed to get their makeup and clothes done. Qiao Luna balked at first, as her contract stipulated that she as the higher tier actress would go second in the show. Eventually she caved to Lu Dongliu’s persuasion and went out with Chen Xijun and Li Youjun, accompanied by Huang Yawen and Xiao Zhan. Huang whispered to comfort and encourage her: Lu Man may have the bigger stars but they might overshadow her own performance. Would the audience remember about Lu Man once they are shocked by those two?

922 – Qiao Luna was still affected. Even though Chen Xijun’s appearance was warmly received, Qiao Luna made a mistake midway her performance as she was unable to keep what happened backstage out of her mind. It was a vicious cycle as her poor performance made the audience disappointed and that in turn made her even more unstable. The audience even thought it was a pity that a veteran like Chen had been wasted being paired with her. But Lu Dongliu and Chi Xingrui were not too worried, feeling fortunate that there was still Lu Man to save the show.

923 – They had essentially wrote off Qiao Luna and decided to focus the promotional material about Lu Man, though they were unsure on the actual method. Backstage, Qiao Luna admitted her mistake and regretted it to the point of nearly crying. Chen Xijun comforted her, assuring her that she knew she had done better in the past. Then it was FL’s turn, dressed in a Mao suit and her braided to match. As she headed up the stage, she passed by Qiao Luna who glared at her full of hate and resentment that had built up ever since ‘The Hero’.

924 – The irony is that FL never specifically targeted her at all. If she did, Qiao Luna would have an even harder time. FL ignored her and kept moving, leading her group to maximize the impact of her guests’ appearance. Out of sudden impulse, Qiao Luna tried to trip her. Nobody saw it coming, not even the FL. Fortunately FL had switched to the costume’s flat shoes and managed to stay on her feet as her assistants rushed to help. FL saw the hate in Qiao Luna’s eyes in that moment and in a smooth motion pretended to stumble… and trod on Qiao Luna’s ankle. It was literally bent at a 90 degree angle, much to the shock of everyone. FL hastened to apologized but the crying Qiao Luna accused her of doing it on purpose. Sprawled on the ground and in pain, she shrieked and not allowing FL to leave.

925 – Hu Zhonghui and He Mengmeng righteously blamed Qiao Luna for trying to cause an accident by stretching out her leg. Lu Dongliu and Chi Xingrui had been alerted and they rushed in time to hear their words and realized what happened. The staff who witnessed it answered truthfully that “Qiao Luna had indeed suddenly stretched out her legs and caused Lu Man to stumble over her foot. Qiao Luna then grabbed Lu Man and accused her of doing it intentionally.” Lu Dongliu knew that Qiao Luna was deliberately causing trouble, and ordered for her to get some rest and for FL to get on stage. Qiao Luna and Huang Yawen immediately refused to let her go. Chi said the recording must continue, only for Huang to say that it could go on without Lu Man. How could you let someone who did such a thing to go on your show? Chi was not in the mood to beat around the bush: “Are you mistaken? The staff members said it was Qiao Luna who tried to trip her up and that resulted in an accident. Are you deaf?”

926 – Lu Dongliu said Huang was being muddle-headed. “This is our show, not your program, not your family play where your word is law. Our staff had spelled it out clearly and you still want to play the victim? We are trying to be polite, so don’t try to push your luck. Before you really tear your face and lose out further, think it through first.” Sun Yiwu smiled like a hungry tiger and also asked Qiao Luna to think carefully. By now Qiao Luna had sobered up. Yes, she had completely forgotten about FL’s powerful backers who can easily end her movie career. Huang could only offer a lame excuse and Qiao Luna backed down reluctantly. FL’s face was impassive but to Qiao Luna, she thought she was mocking her. Lu Dongliu’s cold look sent a shock through Huang’s system: Huang had forgotten that ‘Classic X-Files’ is part of DonghuaTV which is an influential network.

927 – If they had offended DonghuaTV and cause BOC’s artists to be blacklisted, they will surely die. Lu Dongliu then asked if Lu Man was good to go, she smiled and answered confidently. Du Lin laughed, saying his ‘sister-in-law’ was strong and won’t be affected, again causing Lu Dongliu to wonder about their relationship. The audience which had been restless due to the delay cheered when they saw FL emerging. Then it turned to shock when Du Lin appeared. Then their eyes popped when Jicheng and then Sun Yiwu walked out. They were stunned by FL’s incredible lineup.

928 – The audience was left agog by their performance. Once the performance was done, the host interviewed them. He asked if Lu Man had really invited them, to which she smiled and said no. She honestly explained that she was still a newbie with just two films. No TV shows, no real peers in the industry. It was the three of them who heard that she was in trouble and offered to help. The host nodded, saying he knew about her film connections to Sun and Ji. But what about Du Lin? Du Lin answered: “She’s the fiancée of my friend who’s like a big brother to me. Of course I would help my troubled sister-in-law.” The host then playfully asked who was the director of their play. Sun and Ji played along and bickered, letting everyone know that they were there to support Lu Man. When the show is broadcasted, no one say that Lu Man had no industry network or background support anymore. Lu Man may not know a lot of people in the industry, but those she knew were the very top!

929 – The show was wrapping up and the cast was called up. Qiao Luna reappeared with a limp and sneakers replacing her high heels. The host explained before she could put in a word: Qiao Luna was distracted about performingly badly and sprained her foot in an accident. Even if she wanted to say something, she dared not as it would risk offending Sun Yiwu and Jicheng. The 500 audience keyed in their votes and Lu Man won unaminously. Qiao Luna expected the loss but 500 to 0 was too much. FL preemptively shouted to the audience: “Did you all really voted? Really nothing shady?” This was of course referring to Huayi Cup and ‘Performer’ and the audience laughed and shouted back “No!”. FL then turned to ask the host, who anxiously assured her of no hanky-panky. He even made a show of asking the stage technicians to confirm that they did not manipulate the votes. FL smiled and asked the audience to raise their hands if they had voted for her. They really did all raise their hands, affirming that Classic X-Files was a straight and true program that did not pad out the results for dramatic purposes. But 500 to 0 was still unbelievable. In the past they had edited landslide wins slightly to make the losing guest feel a little better but Lu Dongliu made the decision not to change it this time.

930 – One reason was of course Qiao Luna and her people had offended him backstage. The other reason was that it would provoke heated discussions after the broadcast and bury ‘Performer’ in both ratings and trending topics afterwards. Besides, any trickery in this case could risk being leaked later to disasterous consequences. And so the score of 500 to 0 remained. The show was over, the cast dispersed to fulfill their own schedules. Qiao Luna was limping over to pick a fight with FL. Huang held her back while Lu Dongliu and Chi Xingrui arrived to thank Lu Man. Lu Dongliu then suggested lunch as he had some questions for her. Lu Man smiled and asked him to be frank. He appreciated her candor and asked for advice on how to promote the show. Off to the side, Huang saw how highly they thought of Lu Man, still not really convinced of her personal talent or skill; that she was lucky and depended on her successful films to get this far. Meanwhile, FL readily agreed to help out in the show’s promotion. After all, they did give her an extra 300,000 in fees…

931 – Huang Yawen saw that they were going to talk a long time and made an awkward farewell and hurriedly took Qiao Luna away. In the car Qiao Luna took off her shoes and sock and saw that her ankle had swollen like a pig’s trotter. Unwilling to let the matter rest, she began taking photos of it. When Huang asked what she was doing, Qiao Luna said she was going blog about it. Huang tried to stop her, but Qiao said she knew what Huang was worried about. Qiao Luna said she planned to blow the matter up by letting the fans ask her what happened first. Huang praised her sarcastically for thinking up such a plan. Qiao Luna was flustered, and Huang then told her how Huang had been pulled aside to receive a quiet talking to. Sun and Jicheng had wide-reaching influence and said they could easily freeze out Qiao Luna forever. If they want the rest of BOC’s artists to be frozen out, feel free to let Qiao Luna do as she like. Otherwise, don’t blame the two of them if all their artists were buried along with her. Du Lin too did not spare Huang: Even without the two directors, my ‘brother’ is there to take care of my sister-in-law. He will not be as gentle as the two directors.

932 – Sun and Jicheng were certainly influential enough, but Du Lin’s ‘brother’ could do what the directors could not? Huang was suspicious but the two directors agreed with Du Lin’s words. “If you don’t believe me, just try it,” Du Lin dared before leaving with them. Huang told Qiao Luna frankly: “If I knew you were so reckless, I would not have signed you.” Huang was the chief agent and had a personal stake in BOC. Huang’s attitude now become frosty: “We have propped you up and invested a lot to send you to this program. But you messed up. We could have still make use of your poor performance in some way to drum up interest. But you shouldn’t have disregarded the company and make decisions yourself. Yes, you can do it if you have the ability, but you don’t! Today you have offended the producers of ‘Classic X-Files’, you have offended Sun Yiwu and Jicheng. It is better for you to think how to explain to the company when you return!” Qiao Luna was thoroughly worried seeing how Huang was going to cast her aside. “As your agent, I would naturally protect you in front of others. But when there is no one else around, I don’t need to be polite!” Huang said coldly. “Sun and Ji said if you try to do something, even if indirectly; they will freeze you and everyone at BOC out of filming. It is fine if you want to do it, but don’t drag others into your mess. Do you think everyone is stupid and blind to your idea? This sort of tricks had been experienced by Lu Man before, who do you think you can fool? Do you know, if you dared to do such tricks, you will get blacklisted by DonghuaTV.”

933 – Qiao Luna pleaded and promised not to do it. She was thoroughly afraid of being cast out by BOC and walled off by Sun and Ji. Yet, how did she offend all of them? It must be Lu Man’s fault. Huang: “It’s up to you now.” Meanwhile, FL and her people were in e meeting with Lu Dongliu and Chi. FL immediately asked if was because of her unexpected surprise. Lu Dongliu nodded and appreciated her intelligence. He admitted that he had not expected much from her. But her unexpected gift had now made them unsure on how to promote the show. Should they advertise it in advance? But that would give time for ‘Performer’ to make changes to their own show.

934 – FL said it was better to keep Sun and Jicheng’s appearance under wraps. Using Lu Man as marketing buzz was good for Classic X-Files and bad for Performer. The direct competition for the two shows is good for business. FL can drop clues about her mystery guests to create suspense. She and Lu Dongliu began laying down a schedule of advertising and promotion to work around with/around the holidays.

935 – They should keep the viewers guessing. FL suggested several ways to keep the viewers on the edge of their seats about the mystery guests and integrate the show with the internet as well and attract them with online presence. Even viewers of ‘Performer’ would have one hand on their mobiles to keep up. Once the mystery guest are about to be revealed, it could sway them to switch channels to Classic X-Files. Chi and Lu were astounded by her ideas, and were more than happy to take them.

936 – They decided to implement her ideas immediately. FL and her assistants then made their way to the airport and flew back. Once they had landed, He Mengmeng passed some masks as she had saw the weather report. They stepped out of the airport and FL stopped, because she saw ML waiting. There he was, standing out like a sore thumb because of his stature and suit and attracting the eyes of blushing women everywhere. An attractive woman was bold enough to hit on him, her two girlfriends snickering at the side thinking that she couldn’t possibly fail. FL stood still and arched an eyebrow, waiting to see what he would do. Of course, the ML ignored the woman, stepped around her and walked towards FL. The attractive woman did not expect this and turned to chase him, only to see ML spread his arms wide and say: “Haven’t you seen enough? Get over here.” The woman and the surrounding people looked to see a young woman wearing a mask come flying over into his arms. ML knew she had seen him earlier and yet waited for him to get hit on. He was about to scold her when she pulled down her mask and locked his lips with hers. They kissed, out in the public, not caring of the people gawking. Hu Zhonghui and He Mengmeng found other things to look at, each hoping to find a boyfriend soon. The passersby seeing their embrace might have thought it was a reunion of long-lost lovers. When they finally parted, ML teased: “So passionate?” FL admitted that she had missed him. It was just a day, but she missed him. “Me too,” ML replied. “Let me down,” FL said, because he had swept her off her feet during the kiss.

937 – FL looked around to see the woman who had tried to hit on ML had long disappeared. Hu and He finally came over dragging the luggage and greeted the ML, finally being able to see a different side of their cold CEO. He was not embarrassed at being seen and took FL’s luggage. The two felt even more depressed, they really need boyfriends of their own to do the same for them. They shuffled miserably to the taxi area not wanting to disturb FL and ML. ML chuckled and said Xiao Chen would send them home. They cheered as they got into the car while FL and ML were in their own car. When FL noticed ML was cold from waiting outside, he teased: “I’m too hot now.” FL knew what he meant and waspishly told him stand in the cold for while. He actually went to cool down before getting in the car again and drove her home. Then he asked if she had already eaten on the plane? Yes, she did. “Good.” What? They had just entered the house and had yet to take off their shoes when ML hoisted FL off the ground and carried her upstairs, ignoring the two servants who had been at the doorway to greet them. They said to themselves: “Ah, they said absence makes the heart grow fonder. But is one night really an absence?”

938 – FL: “Stop, I just saw the two servants.” ML: “You saw it wrongly, they are not here.” “I have not taken my shoes off!” ML pulled them off and tossed them aside. He pressed her down onto the bed and slowly unbuttoned. “What else? Clothes?” FL caved in and they proceeded to thoroughly get rid of the hollow feelings they had while they were apart. He had nearly skipped work to fly to Donghua, while she could hardly sleep in the hotel’s bed. Now they are back together. Wrapped around each other like koalas. It was rare that FL did not tell him to stop and so ML obliged her. While the battle was going on, Classic X-Files’ online account began to hype up about their broadcast. Three of the mystery guests have never been on variety shows before! The vagueness began garner attention from casual followers.

939 – Ge Guangzhen of ‘Performer was not pleased by Classic X-Files’ successful marketing blitz. Wu reminded him that Lu Man is in that show, the marketing is very reminiscent of her style. Ge actually did not expect FL to be in Classic X-Files and wondered if she really bore a grudge. Wu said she surely does; and Ge was annoyed to tell him to leave his office. The buzz around Classic X-Files continued with help from the audience that had watched the recording.

940 – They teased the internet with vague spoilers, generating huge interest in the show. Soon it was Chinese New Year’s Eve. FL was with her mother Xia Qingwei who also took a break from teaching violin classes. They were decorating the house with Chinese New Year decorations and preparing the dumplings in a peaceful atmosphere.

5. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

wny likes this.
  6. wny

wny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tq for the spoiler and have a nice day :)

7. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers

KatherinaAeonian likes this.
  8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a new monitor :/

941-955

941 – Xia Qingwei had recovered her health and had her own source of income and was living very comfortably. She wrote down FL’s Classic X-Files schedule as a reminder. FL then said she and ML would giving their New Year greetings to her tomorrow, and then to bring her to the Han family to celebrate. Xia was hesistant as she would feel awkward but FL reassured her that it would be just close friends and relatives. Then she revealed that Wei Zhiqian controlled Wei Feng Group and ordered the withdrawal of its sponsorship of ‘Performer’. Xia was surprised as she did not realize Wei Zhiqian was so high profiled. FL then said there were others who acted that night to make ‘Performer’ suffer. It was not Lu Man alone who did it.

942 – FL said that she too had been nervous when she had first met them, but those eight influential families were friendly and their group of friends was like a gang of big children. So Xia agreed to go. They began to eat, only for Xia to feel that her daughter was becoming melancholy. When asked what was wrong, FL said that the next year onwards FL would spending the new year with the Han family, while Xia would be all alone. FL then asked if Xia ever thought of remarrying. Xia understood that her daughter didn’t want her to feel lonely. FL added that if Xia found someone to love, then she should get together with him. Xia said she understood but said to let the future unfold by itself. For now, she doesn’t want to. The men around my age already have their own family and children.

943 – She preferred to live comfortably and FL should not be worried about her. She had been living for herself and did as she pleased with no problems. She could teach or go out without telling other people. But she kept quiet about the most important reason: Lu Man was marrying Han Zhuoli of the Han family. Xia would have to worry if the person approaching her had ulterior motives targeting that relationship. She would need to be on her toes so as not to be the cause of trouble for Lu Man in the Han family and cause her to be disliked. It was bad enough that she couldn’t do much for Lu Man; she must not be a burden to her daughter too. Therefore Xia would prefer to remain single and lessen the things to potentially worry about. FL joked that maybe she should not get married. Xia was not amused, saying how lucky she was to have found ML and receptive in-laws. FL quickly reiterated that she was only joking.

944 – After welcoming the New Year the two of them were going to sleep when the doorbell rang. It was the ML who was wet and cold from the snow. FL quickly brought him in and scolded him for rushing over from the Han family home. Xia yawned and retired after telling them to rest. They went to the bedroom and FL nagged the ML like an old wife. ML said he planned to stay at the Han home, but he couldn’t sleep without her. FL saw that he was still chilled and offered to draw him a hot bath.

945 – ML had a warm, soothing soak before returning to the bedroom. He joined her in bed and enjoyed her warmth. FL admitted it was nice that ML actually came home. ML grinned and kissed her. “Forgot to tell you: Happy New Year.” FL returned the greeting and they fell asleep in each other’s arms. The next day they woke up early and had breakfast. ML saw that she had prepared some food to be taken to the Han home and insisted that she feed him later, having some attachment to her home-made food. After breakfast they went to the Han family home where they were jovially greeted. Grandma smirked at ML: “When I didn’t see you this morning, I knew you had sneaked off to look for her.” Later Han Dongping’s family arrived. Han Dongping met Xia for the first time and was curt when introductions were made: he still did not accept FL. Xia did not care since it had nothing to do with him anyway. Grandpa Han told him to go back if he showed more attitude, while Shen Nuo frankly told Xia Qingwei: “Don’t need to care about him. Lu Man is marrying my son; it has nothing to do with outsiders. Let others make a joke of themselves. In the future you would be in contact with us anyway and we’re family.”

946 – Xia accepted her words while Han Dongping was indignant. Again he was scolded by Grandpa and Grandma who are still mystified by his interference. “It has plainly nothing to do with you, no one cares about your opinion! It’s the New Year and I won’t want to lose my temper. If you don’t like it, leave!” Han Dongping was thoroughly ruffled and said they would leave since they are not welcomed. But his wife Lin Liye who was playing with her grandson Han Linkai smiled and said she was not leaving. She even asked Grandma if she could stay for a few days. Grandma agreed knowing that the two of them would be fighting if left alone. Han Dongping then asked his two sons and Xia Yixin his daughter-in-law. His eldest son Han Zhuoling answered for all of them: they would celebrate the New Year with them for a while. Han Dongping was furious and left, while Xia Qingwei watched on quietly. She then took out a small gift for Han Linkai. Lin Liye observed that Xia Qingwei was no ordinary woman; she had steel in her spine. But how could Xia Qingwei be ordinary if Lu Man was such a good daughter? Lu Qiyuan was an idiot and surely Lu Man takes after her mother.

947 – Lin Liye accepted the gift politely, it was a pendant bought with Xia Qingwei’s own money from teaching violin. It might not be too special for the Han family, but it was not a casually chosen gift. Lin Liye immediately put it on Han Linkai, with grandma approving of her daughter-in-law’s openness. Xia Yixin was inwardly not pleased with the ‘cheap’ gift but Lin Liye stopped her by quietly gripping her wrist with force. ML then said he would be making the rounds to give greetings together with FL. Grandma was enthusiastic for them to be going together and let the other big families be envious. Especially that Mrs Wei… Hmm. “Would you like me to go too?” Grandma asked. Grandpa: “Don’t mess around! There will be people coming here to give their greetings, why would you go?” Grandma: “My family’s outstanding old bachelor finally found a wife, why am I not allowed to go out and show off?” So that’s it. ML: “I’ll take Manman to greet everyone, it will be the same. The first stop will be at the Wei family.” Lu Man was speechless, didn’t Wei Zhiqian help take revenge for her by hurting ‘Performer’? Now you want to maliciously harm him? Grandma grinned: “I just want to see their faces full of envy.” Grandpa: “You can just call them, isn’t that the same? Or you could just wait for Wei Zhiqian to visit.” Grandma agreed and decided not to go. Grandpa was surprised by her sudden change of mind. Grandma settled comfortably on a sofa: “I’ll just wait for them to come and make fun of them!” ML hurriedly took Lu Man out. Xia Qingwei stayed to chat with grandma while grandpa went to the study to rest. Xia now understood what Lu Man meant when she said the families were ‘interesting’. Wei Zhiqian was the first to visit and Grandma wanted to know why he was alone since they would come as a group in the past years. “Do you really not know? You had Zhuoli take Lu Man and went to my home first. I had to hurry out, if I had stayed then Grandma Wei would have given me a lecture!”

948 – Grandma smirked. “But since you are here, you’re going to get a lecture anyway.” What? “Our family’s Zhuoli has found a wife, when will you find one too?” she asked. Damn, this old woman has bad intentions! “Please take pity on Grandma Wei, don’t call her to poke fun at her, otherwise I can’t live! Zhuoli’s yesterday is my tomorrow!” Wei Zhiqian begged. Grandma: “Based on your words, it is only because of my beatings that Zhuoli found a wife. Such a good method, how could I not tell your grandmother about it?” Wei turned his pitiful eyes at Grandpa Han who merely fiddled with his bracelet. Wei could only depart in despair. That morning ML and FL went around to greet the 8 major families. The moment they returned, Grandma asked: “Well? How was it? How did Mrs Wei react?” Grandpa chipped in to say that Wei Zhiqian came to visit and left in tears. ML’s conscience was clear as he said: “I did as you said else I couldn’t eat at the table. All the methods you used on me, I have told them all to Mrs Wei.” Grandma was ecstatic. Suddenly the doorbell rang. It was strange as they did not expect any more visitors. It was announced as Wang family’s Wang Juhuai. ML’s father Han Xijin was surprised at his return to China. Xia Qingwei nearly dropped her tea cup in shock, causing concern in Lin Liye, Shen Nuo and Grandma. Lu Man whispered to check on her. Xia Qingwei couldn’t make an excuse to leave and so she smiled to reassure them.

949 – Wang Juhuai arrived and FL saw him for the first time, having heard of him from ML’s stories about him. He looked like scholar, calm and collected with his back straight and a face that was still attractive to younger women. He was greeting Han Xijin until he was stunned to see Xia Qingwei. His mouth opened but there were no words. Everyone saw the reason why. Shen Nuo secretly pinched her husband who squeeked to shake Juhuai out of his reverie. FL saw her mother’s fingers had turned white from being tense. Unbelievable, did they know each other? The only common thing they had was the violin: Xia Qingwei taught children while Wang Juhuai was a famous composer and violinist. Han Xijin asked the question in everyone’s mind: “Juhuai, do you know our in-law?” “In-law?” Shen Nuo: “Yes, this is Lu Man and Xia Qingwei is her mother. Lu Man is Zhuoli’s fiancée, they will marry on the 9th day of the New Year.” Wang Juhuai gave Lu Man a frank look, “So, the daughter had already grown so big.” The strange aura faded and he explained: “Before I went abroad, I studied violin under a teacher. Miss Xia is his daughter. We both studied the violin from him.” When Xia Qingwei’s father died, he was unable to come back in time. Much later he found the chance to return to pay his respects to the tomb. He did not see her, and he heard that she had married. He did not want to see her with another man and so he went back to the United States.

950 – Grandma deduced it was surely not so simple. Her heart burned but she smiled, saying it was such coincidence that they were childhood friends. Wang Juhuai sighed: He did not expect to see Xia again. He ran away like a coward when he found out she had gotten married. He had been happier not knowing, now that they met again he felt like a fool for running away. He had never forgotten her over the past 20+ years. Though she had gotten older, she did not change much and he immediately recognized her at first glance. “I have not seen you for twenty years, how are you?” he asked bitterly, knowing that the missing part of his heart was right there. Xia smiled: “Yes. As you see, my daughter is all grown up. Lu Man, this is your uncle Wang. He is like my brother when we were children.” Grandma said it was fate: It took a long time for Zhuoli to get married and now Xia is also part of the family. Her visit today coincide with your return from China. And you two knew each other from childhood. If Zhuoli did not get engaged with Lu Man, if Xia is not here today, or if you did return today… so many coincidences. What is it if it is not fate? Wang Juhuai could only softly say yes. But suddenly Xia thought there was a huge gap between them. He is a world famous musician and the years had treated him well, stil full of charm in his middle-age. She was divorced, her early part of her life had been exhausted and only now she was getting better.

951 – Yet when compared to him, she felt old. He was successful and had a woman. Let it be as it had always been. Don’t look for mentions of him in the news, don’t hope and don’t expect for things. Then she realized that he was holding her hand. Startled, Xia made an excuse to leave, only for Grandma to refuse it and said they should eat first. Wang too also made to leave, only for Han Xijin to grab hold of him. He felt a good fate between the two divorced persons. Grandma: “I said no one can leave. We are all family, don’t treat each other as outsiders.” She turned to tell Xia: “I know him since he looks for Xijin every time he returns. He is like half a son to me. Even when he went to the US, he would still look for us whenever he returns.” Xia then realized that he did come back to China several times. Yet he never looked for her. So who was she to him? Xia mind cleared up and she rediscovered the steel within her. She had been betrayed by Lu Qiyuan, she divorced Lu Qiyuan, she had fallen seriously ill and she had been alone and had nothing she could do. There was no need for him before, there was no need for him now. She was determined to change and so when she raised her eyes again, Wang Juhuai could not help but gaze at her. Xia clenched her fist, why was this married man looking at her this way? She agreed to stay. Grandma then turned to Juhuai: “You’re not allowed to leave.” He could only helplessly look at Xia. Xia smiled: “It is rare for Mr. Wang to visit, please don’t leave on my account.” Wang’s soul was shaken but quickly nodded and agreed to stay. Xia then looked away and that was the end of it between them.

952 – It was time for lunch. “How long will you be staying in China this time?” Han Xijin asked. Wang Juhuai was not sure, he had planned to leave after the Spring Festival but seeing Xia Qingwei again made him unwilling. He then asked why her husband was absent. Usually such a question would make things awkward but Grandma was more than happy for the question to arrive. Xia: “I am divorced.” Grandma: “She had been divorced for more than ten years.” Wang was so shocked that he dropped his spoon into the bowl of soup causing a small splash. 10 years? So what had he been doing for so many years being a coward? He had no information about her and no way to find out. He never knew! “Why? Was he bad to you?” he asked. Happy that she was divorced, sad because she had been ill-treated. “It’s all in the past,” Xia said. Han Xijin signaled Wang not to ask any further. Wang’s heart was bleeding: such a good woman yet was bullied in marriage. Yet he didn’t know. She had been divorced for over a decade, yet he wasn’t there. She raised a child alone, yet he wasn’t there when she needed help the most. In the past life, Xia Qingwei even died early. Xia brushed the awkward mood aside and the lunch resumed. After lunch, Xia stayed a little while before leaving. Even without Wang Juhuai she couldn’t have just remained in the Han home the entire day. ML was to drive FL and her mother home. Wang looked on longingly and was about to suggest sharing a ride, only for Xijin to stop him. Wang was desperate but Xijin whispered: “Don’t you want to know why happened to her, why she got divorced?” Wang sat back down… only to stand up again when Xia left. Xijin was exasperated, didn’t they agreed to talk? Why are you going to chase her now?

953 – Wang said he was only going to look. He actually hid by the window and watched as Xia stepped into ML’s car. Shen Nuo saw this and sighed privately, not expecting Wang to have such a past with Xia Qingwei. Xia met a scumbag like Lu Qiyuan, while Wang had a disgusting female too. Obviously they were still in love with each other. If only Wang had knew about her divorce, Lu Man would not have been bullied, Xia would not have eaten so much bitterness and Wang would not have to be alone for so many years. She felt sorry for them. After seeing the car disappear, Wang returned and immediately asked about Xia. Shen Nuo told him everything she had heard from Zhuoli; far more detailed than the tabloids and newspapers. She held nothing back, better for Wang to know everything and not to have an uninformed bias against Lu Man because of Lu Qiyuan. Hearing the stories made Grandma furious again, remember how he had ludicrously favored Lu Qi. She said Wang could look up the sordid details all over the internet. Shen Nuo then told Wang that he should not be mistaken by what he saw in Xia today: she had been completely miserable in the past. Lu Qiyuan had given her nothing and she struggled with her health. Only in the past two years did Lu Man’s got rid of their old home, after displaying her abilities and her career took off. Lu Man gave her a new house and now her health was improving. Wang Juhuai listened, his blood boiled and his fists clenched. Damn that Lu Qiyuan for mistreating Xia Qingwei!

954 – Wang asked for her address and Shen Nuo supplied it. Meanwhile, Xia told FL and ML to go home, she wanted to rest and reassured them that everything was fine. FL was reluctant to leave her alone but eventually agreed. On the way home, FL asked ML about Wang Juhuai’s situation. He told her that Wang was married but had divorced for ten years, back when he had taken over Han Corp from his father. Wang Qianyun was his niece. He wasn’t sure about Wang’s private life but knew that the ex-wife was not someone good and it was a loveless marriage. Wang had discovered something and it was serious enough to warrant a divorce. FL thought it was good that Wang had a clean break. If he was truly fated to be with her mother, it would be a nice thing. At home Xia was reminiscing about what could have been. She remembered how Wang had left for the US with his family and she thought they would never meet again. Yet she dreamed that he had actually returned when she was in college, and he had said he wanted to return for good and asked for her opinion. He said he needed his girlfriend’s consent… and she was too obtuse to know what he really meant.

955 – He asked if she would be his, and she happily agreed, dreaming to be his wife. Feeling sick and unable to sleep after the dream, Xia took out the violin and played a song. Outside of her home, Wang had just arrived in time to hear the music. He listened to the end emotionally before ringing the doorbell. Xia wiped her tears away and thought it was FL who had forgotten something, only to see that it was actually Wang Juhuai through the camera. There he was, just as handsome as she had remembered him all those years ago. She opened the door, but couldn’t find the words. Wang called her intimately as in the past: “Little Xia”. She could not bear looking at him and teared up, causing Wang to be distressed. He tilted up her face and apologized for not letting her suffer. Suddenly Xia recovered and stepped back hastily, warning him to have some self-respect. Wang was stunned and apologized. Then he asked if he could enter. Xia trusted him enough to allow him to visit.

9. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers.

KatherinaAeonian likes this.
  10. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New ship!!!!!! Thanx for the spoilers!!!!

11. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally it’s the mother’s love story :blob_pompom:

KatherinaAeonian and Shivani like this.
  12. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler!

13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    956-965

956 – Inside, Wang saw that she was indeed living comfortably. He asked if ML and FL were there too, she told him FL was getting married in a few days and had already moved in together with him. They have a place of their own but do come back every now and then. Xia made him some tea and nearly dropped it when he said he had heard her violin playing. He did not expect her to have continued playing but she told him she had indeed only picked it back up last year. Wang’s heart clenched: were things so hard for her that she couldn’t even find time to play the violin? He then asked if she was alone most of the time since Lu Man was with Zhuoli. She told him that FL still visits regularly, while she occupies herself teaching violin to children in a private school. Wang was glad to see her so fulfilled, having looked up the nonsense of the Lu family while on his way here. He had even felt murderous rage towards Lu Qiyuan. Xia then asked about Wang, now that he was a famous musician. Truthfully she had myriads of questions for him but this was the only polite one that she could ask. Hearing such a dry and bland question only made Wang uncomfortable.

957 – “I am divorced. Ten years,” he suddenly blurted. Xia couldn't help but asked why. “Because I accidentally found out the truth,” he said. Xia was about to stop him but Wang continued and said he was sorry for not being there for her. He interrupted her and held her wrist. “I must tell you… When I found out you were married, I didn’t want to disturb your marriage. That is why I did not look for you when I returned to China, I did not even dare to look at you from afar. That is why I did not know. Did not know you were divorced for ten years. Divorced as I have. We have been single for so long. I don't know if you thought of me over these twenty years, but I have never forgotten you.” He explained how his ex-wife had used a drug to force him into marrying her. He woke up in bed with her without clothes and that there was blood. He knew he had been tricked, but he could not brush it off. He had been sullied and was too dirty to touch Xia. While drugged, he could not tell between dream or reality. He had never thought of marrying that woman. Xia began to cry, wanting him to stop talking but he continued because he wanted her to know the truth. He had bought the morning-after pill for the woman and saw her take it. He thought that would be the end, but she came back months later and claimed to be pregnant. She had vomited the medicine in secret. Wang laughed bitterly, saying how Xia thought Wang had betrayed him, and he himself thought he had betrayed her. The woman found his parents and insisted on marriage, and so it happened. It was the most humiliating thing he had done. In the end, there was a miscarriage. But it was another trick. She had never been pregnant. There was nothing between them in bed. Xia again tried to stop him, what was the point of telling her all this now? She had married another man and even had a child.

958 – Xia never regretted having Lu Man but she too had betrayed Wang Juhuai. She rather had not heard the truth as it was too painful; it was too cruel to know it too late. Wang: “By the time I knew the truth, it was too late. You were already married and had a child. I know what sort of person you are; you would bear a promise until the end. When you married him I knew you would never waver and betray him, so what was the point of me looking for you back then? Little Xia… Now… is it possible for us to be together once more?” He regretted not being more of a bastard back then. He could have been more hard hearted and be a scumbag to drag that Lin Jinshu to the hospital for an abortion and refused to marry her. Hearing him call her Xiao Xia made Xia Qingwei cry. It had been twenty years, a ridiculous fate. “But… but I am not worthy of you! I had been married, I even gave birth to a child for him. I never regretted it, I love her. I only regret marrying Lu Qiyuan. You didn’t betray me… I married someone and I betrayed you. Juhuai, this truth is has arrived too late by twenty years. Twenty years of scars and pain… I no longer know what to feel. If you had not come, if you had not tell me anything, I might have felt better with the ignorance. My life would be unchanged. But now… what do I know? What was the point of those twenty years, what meaning was there?” Wang saw that she was crying and trembling and mustered the courage to approach her. 20 years.. more than 20 years… finally he could hold her her. The little girl in his arms had grown old, yet she was still the same in his heart. Twenty years… finally he found his lover in his arms. “It’s fine… it doesn’t matter… Xiao Xia, don’t worry. I can wait. We have plenty of time. We are not perfect, please don’t mind me, I won’t mind you. Even if you can’t decide now, I can wait for you. I have waited for you for twenty years…” He sneaked a kiss on her hair unnoticed. “As long as we can start over, I can be by yourside from now on… No matter how long… We are both free now, aren’t we?”

959 – It took some time for Xia to calm down and realize that she was in her arms. It felt so right, but she easily broke free. Wang allowed it because he did not want to look as if he had took advantage of her emotionally. They wiped their tears away and Wang reiterated that he was completely serious. He knows that she thought little of herself, but he did not mind that they had been married before. He had no children of his own and was grateful to Lu Man for taking care of Xia. Since Lu Qiyuan did not see her as a daughter, he would. Xia said that would be unfair to him. “Is there fairness or unfairness? When I married Lin Jinshu, was it fair to you? I was an idiot in the past, I was not there to protect you and disappointed you. There is no need to be calculate things between us. Enough time has passed; it’s been more than twenty years. No matter, I can still wait. Now we’re both free and I just need to be by your side.” Xia was still muddle-headed from the confession when Wang took out his phone and called Han Xijin. He wanted to buy a house. Han Xijin: “What? Are you not going back to the US? Are you planning to settle here?”

960 – Wang looked at Xia as he answered: “I don’t plan to go back for a while.” He asked for place nearby Xia, the closer the better. Han Xijin smirked at his persistence and agreed as it was easier to look for him here than in the US. When the call ended, Xia tried to stop him but Wang said he was true to his word and would stay where she was. He would only leave her for work and even then, she could just follow him. Wang knew she was still undecided and assured her that this was his unilateral decision and not to worry about pressuring her. As for his US home, property, people; they will be taken care of. It would take some time. They continued to talk until it was dark, whereupon Xia asked if he would like to eat.

961 – Wang was more than happy to accept and even volunteered to help in the kitchen even though he knew nothing about cooking. After dinner, he reluctantly got up to return to his hotel, knowing that she needed time to sort out her feelings. At the door, he hugged her goodbye. She asked if he drove, he said he had used a driver. He said he should get a car. “What car do you like?” he asked. “I know nothing about cars,” she said, wondering how it turned out this way. He smiled and asked her to look into it as it would for her comfort. They could discuss further tomorrow and even visit the various showrooms. He was happy to have an excuse to look for her. She watched as he disappeared into the elevator. She sighed, a little bit more and she would have him stayed overnight in the spare room that had been prepared for Zhuoli. ML of course ignored it and preferred to sleep in the same room as FL. Xia thought it would be difficult for Wang to find his way at night, after all he had been away for so long. But Wang Juhuai himself was full of glee at his own wit, knowing that he could look for her tomorrow. Still, he wondered if he had missed the chance to stay the night…

962 – Wang got into the car driven by Han Xijin’s driver. He could barely keep his happiness from showing, smiling to himself and his hands trembling, dreaming of the future with Xia Qingwei. The next day FL returned with ML and was surprised to find her mother in a good mood. She was still making drinks for them when the door rang. FL opened it and was stunned to see Wang Juhuai. Even Xia was shocked as she did not expect him to be so early. Wang did not bother to hide and called her ‘Xiao Xia’ in front of FL. FL smiled and asked if he had visited her mother the night before. Wang confirmed it and said he was there to explain the misunderstandings of the past. FL then welcomed him in, where an amused Han Zhuoli was waiting. He called Wang Juhuai ‘uncle’ and Wang was also bemused as he joined him.

963 - In the kitchen, FL did not beat around the bush and directly asked her mother if Wang was a trustworthy person. Xia said that he was and FL smiled, saying that she would ask ML later. And that she should boldly make a decision if she wanted to be with him, and FL would support her all the way. They came back out with some fruits only to hear about Wang saying how he had visited yesterday and was about to discuss further on what car to buy. Xia was flustered, saying she did not even know where to begin about cars. FL then ‘suddenly’ remembered the need to buy something and quickly went out with ML. When asked, Xia truthfully admitted that she was free that day and agreed to accompany Wang to the car showrooms.

964 – They went to a Mercedes-Benz dealership, only to be seen by Lu Qi and her mother Xia Qingyang. From a far they sneered how Lu Man must have made a lot of money, but then XQY was stunned to see Wang Juhuai was with Xia Qingwei. She immediately recognized him as XQW’s old flame. XQY also had a crush on him in the past. Surely her sister Xia Qingwei was flaunting him, showing him off to the world just to irritate her! XQY was never able to grab hold of Wang but she managed to steal Lu Qiyuan, so in her mind she always had the upperhand and was able to crow over her sister.

965 – But now... how is it possible for Wang and Xia Qingwei to be back together? They look so affectionate! Now she felt Lu Qiyuan was greasy compared to the charming Wang Juhuai. She explained who Wang was to Lu Qi and walked into the showroom to confront her sister. Xia Qingwei merely frowned and said to Wang that they should leave. Wang who long knew the acrimonious story nodded, only for Qingyang to accuse Qingwei of being guilty. Qingwei reminded her that she had been divorced for over ten years, it was normal for her to find another. She then insulted Qingyang for being stupid. It attracted some onlookers who were mostly on Wang and Qingwei’s side as they looked like a fashionable middle-aged couple. Qingyang did not relent; she blamed Qingwei for being a homewrecker in Wang’s family because he is married. You have been apart for many years but now dared to get together in public?

14. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Duh...plz bitch...not everyone is like you...

15. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft. Every time she appears, her IQ seems lower than the time before.

Angela2nite and KatherinaAeonian like this.
  16. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    966-980

966 – Qingyang said she felt sorry for Wang’s wife. Only for Wang to reveal that he too had been divorced for ten years. How dare Qingyang have the face to scold people when she herself stole her brother-in-law and kicked Qingwei out of their home? The audience ate it all up like some television drama. Qingyang could not believe her ears, what sort of luck did Qingwei had to get back together with her first love? Lu Qi meanwhile regretted having not prevented her mother from entering the showroom; she quickly pulled her mother kicking and screaming. Lu Qi was angry enough to threaten to say that she won’t go out with her mother in the future, only for Qingyang to burst in a rant saying how Lu Qiyuan and Lu Qi both disliked her. Inside she was reeling from the look of deep disgust from Wang Juhuai. Lu Qi continued to berate her mother as she was shaming both her and Lu Qi. The two of them had been divorced for many years and nobody would blame them. On the other hand the story about Qingyang stealing Lu Qiyuan was true. Meanwhile, Qingwei had lost her mood after the confrontation and left the store being pulled by the wrist by Wang. Wang smilingly asked if Qingwei meant what she said earlier: it was normal to find another. Is she agreeing to be together with him?

967 – Wang then held her hand before she could answer, saying: “I don’t care, I’ll just assume you agreed”. Xia Qingwei’s face turned hot but she did not say anything. She also did not pull away. Wang nearly jumped for joy. In the end they chose a car in another Mercedez-Benz dealership. Meanwhile, Xia Qingyang and Lu Qi returned home to Lu Qiyuan. Lu asked about ‘Performer’ and Lu Qi reported that though the big stars are missing, she believed that the new lineup would be popular with the young demographic. Lu Qi as part of the Lu Company had obviously been recruited into the show. Lu Qiyuan reminded her how Lu Man is in Classic X-Files, but Lu Qi was confident in beating her in the ratings. Then Xia Qingyang spoke up, saying how she saw Xia Qingwei together with her old lover, shamelessly flirting in public. Lu Qiyuan did not feel very good hearing it but still sneered, saying it was shameful at Qingwei’s age. Surely there was no one as good as he was, and so Qingwei’s man must be nobody good. Yet, she had been his wife and he did not like the idea her finding another man, it was like giving him a green hat even though they were divorced. A few days passed and Classic X-Files began a new round of hyping up the show on their site, giving vague descriptions about the mystery guests.

968 – The net was abuzz with the promotional tactics. In the past such promotions were not used. From the silhouette profiles on the site they managed to guess a few but remained in the dark about the big names.

969 – Some netizens thought the tactics felt similar and surely it was the work of Lu Man who was one of the guests. FL herself added to the speculation by confirming that the vague descriptions were absolutely correct and not misleading. It ignited further discussion with different names being suggested.

970 – Ge Guangzhen was also curious about the mystery guests. Deputy Wang said secrecy was especially strict during filming of Classic X-Files and they were unable to find out. Wang made some educated guessed and then discussed about their own line-up.

971 – Wang asked if they should replace Ni Xue and Lu Qi. Ge Guangzhen said it was not possible for Lu Qi as the show was being sponsored by the Lu Company. They lamented how Lu was able to get their show for so little money. But once ratings were up, they could always renegotiate… That night, FL received a call from her mother. Wang had already told her and ML about the horrid encounter with Xia Qingyang, and sensing the hesistation in her mother FL asked about the car viewing. Eventually Xia said that she was giving Wang a try. Not marriage, but to see how things go. FL quickly reassured her and gave her full backing, telling her not to regret it by letting go. The next day FL went to her mother’s home in the morning… only to be greeted by Wang Juhuai once she opened the door. It was only 9:30am and so she smirked, asking when he arrived. Wang hurried said he arrived a little earlier at 9am, afraid of being misunderstood. FL could not help but smile at how fast he worked. She said that the house had a spare room prepared for ML which remained unused. If Mr. Wang does not mind, he can use it at his convenience.

972 – Xia walked out in time just to hear her daughter making the suggestion, forgetting that she herself had made such a suggestion to the ML in the past to help FL. Wang was relieved as he thought FL still had some doubts about him. He thanked her and told her not to call him Mr. Wang, but call him like Zhuoli did and so she greeted him as ‘Uncle’. Wang nearly told her to call him ‘dad’. FL then made to leave even though she had just arrived; she was completely relieved after seeing the situation herself. Wang then received a call. He suggested to go house-hunting with Xia, explaining that his housekeeper Wei Zhong insisted on coming to China soon and so they needed a bigger place. In the end Xia went along. When asked about the chosen villa, Wang reserved it and said it would be great for children to run around… Xia had yet to marry him and he was already thinking of kids... Finally it was the day the broadcast of ‘Classic X-Files’ and ‘Performer’.

973 – As the show started, online comments in real-time also began. In their respective homes: FL, Xia Qingwei and Wang Juhuai, Grandma tuned in to watch, with Grandma going as far as turning on ALL the house’s TVs and harassing her friends to contribute to the ratings. As the show progressed, the netizen comments flew past. It became floods when the guests were revealed and the website’s silhouettes were replaced. First were Qiao Luna’s guests: Li Youjun attracted the younger audience, while Chen Xijun even attracted the older viewers. However they were unkind to Qiao Luna’s poor performance, commenting how she had been overshadowed by Chen Xijun.

974 – Next up was FL’s guests. As expected, the first was Du Lin. Next was Jicheng, which caused uproar. The netizens who saw the refreshed photo quickly spread word of mouth to switch channels to DonghuaTV. Finally Sun Yiwu appeared to add more impact. A large audience from ‘Performer’ switched to ‘Classic X-Files’. Even those who did not watch either show became curious at the hype after seeing mentions of Jicheng and Sun Yiwu and tuned in. The netizens were stunned at the results of the show where FL beaten Qiao Luna 500 votes to 0. The part where FL had asked the audience if they had really voted for her honestly was retained in the episode, much to FL’s surprise and pleasure.

975 – She received a call from a happy Lu Dongliu. She asked why the last segment was included; Lu said it was one of the most satisfying things he had witnessed. He told her about the huge ratings gained from Jicheng’s appearance onwards. The full details can only be known the next day and he promised to send her a copy. FL received a flood of congratulatory calls and messages. At his own home, Lu Dongliu’s wife gave her own analysis: though Qiao Luna did poorly it actually contributed to the show, because it made viewers wonder what sort of surprise the show had to keep them interested. She felt the episode was better than the past and even reminded her of the show’s red hot first season. This was good because while Classic X-Files had consistently good ratings, they never reached the peak of the first season and its future was unclear.

976 – Meanwhile, Lu Qi felt satisfied with her own performance, thinking that finally the world could see her true talent. She went to the internet full of expectations but found nothing about her comeback. It was because her appearance coincided with the reveals of Jicheng and Sun Yiwu and so nobody really saw her performance. Lu Qi was shocked and furious, thinking it was all an elaborate scheme by FL to harm her; conveniently ignoring the fact that there was no way for FL to know who would appear when on ‘Performer’. FL had only targeted the show itself and not Lu Qi specifically. The next day, Ge Guangzhen with bloodshot eyes felt completely out-manuevered by FL. He was especially aggrieved at Sun Yiwu who resigned from ‘Performer’ only to join Classic X-Files. Everyone at both TV stations and on the net were eagerly waiting for the ratings to appear.

977 – Ge Guangzhen all but snatched the ratings results from his assistant. ‘Performer’ had 1.0562% share. He was furious, how did other shows climb over them? It was abnormal, he raged. He looked for a hit Korean drama tv show that had simulcast with South Korea. It usually had a stable 1.8-1.9 rating… last night its first part at 8pm had 1.8563% but the later part at 9pm only had 0.9967%!

978 – The drama’s rating dropped by half! Ge looked through the ratings: all the shows suffered a drop in ratings at 9pm. The official ratings were announced: 2nd place was Performer of StarTV with 1.0562%, 1st was Classic X-Files on DonghuaTV with 2.1305%! They had finally regained a 2% rating after the highs of the first season which they never regained. The netizens saw it as a crushing victory for Classic X-Files, and taunted ‘Performer’ losing out on Lu Man because of their rigged practices. If they had not snubbed her, they could have Sun Yiwu, Jicheng and Du Lin on their show. They had intentionally provoked Lu Man into reacting: she did not comment on not signing with ‘Performer’ until they had talked smack. In the end, it was all because of Lu Man. With ‘Performer’ doing this badly, are their guests alright? Is their sponsor alright? Is their advertisers alright? Speaking of which, why is this Lu Company’s name so familiar? Ah, it’s the scumbag relatives of Lu Man. They must be stupid to sign with ‘Performer’ after Lu Man had abandoned it. Now Performer had crashed and Lu Company went along with the ride.

979 – Oh, don’t you know? Lu Company only sponsored it to get Lu Qi in the show and to also win it. She beat out Ni Xue last night. Was it rigged? Yea, my friend who works in Performer said so. In actual fact these were played up by FL as part of her PR consultancy with Classic X-Files. She was happy with her work as an artist, but still had her pride as a PR expert too. She contacted the tabloid who immediately congratulated her success, and after some small talk a deal was reached. Soon thereafter the tabloid posted an online opinion piece about how Lu Qi who failed to even enter the Huayi Cup only appeared and won in ‘Performer’ because of her father’s company. The tabloid felt distressed for the fans of Ni Xue who really was in the top five of the Huayi Cup and entered the show on her own merits. “It was disheartening to see Ni Xue who knowingly fought a losing battle in order to gain exposure… ah, in the end how many even saw her last night? And she still lost to Lu Qi… the runner-up of the Huayi Cup lost to a non-participant. Is the show rigged? I can’t say any more in case I get sued. Please judge for yourself”.

980 – The netizens agreed that while not as terrible as Qiao Luna’s car wreck of a performance, it was difficult to see how Lu Qi had won over Ni Xue. Why would the viewers vote for her? Ni Xue was obviously better and Lu Qi had not been popular for a long time. How did she get more votes? Surely there are shenanigans. The netizens shared inside jokes and barbed comments; that the show had bent over to satisfy its sponsor the Lu Company. This caused Ni Xue’s fans to erupt, making ‘distressed Ni Xue’ a hot topic. Another hot topic was ‘Lu Qi should roll out of the entertainment world’. Lu Qi was furious; she had been stymied in the ratings and now even on the net as well. The fire even spread to Ge Guangzhen. The tabloid was amazed at FL’s skill and viciousness, but admitted that the tabloid gained a lot of new fans too. Lu Dongliu then called FL to ask if she was responsible for the internet hoohaa and she admitted it, reminding him that she was already paid for her consultancy work.

17. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!

18. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx for the spoilers....

19. stumblmer

stumblmer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so very much for these enjoyable chapter spoilers/summaries!

Hope you recuperated from hospital and the tests went smoothly for you.

(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃

20. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's been rough. I actually been at home trying to recover. That means I have some time to do these summaries to keep my mind off things. Unfortunately that means I'm not working in the meantime, and these summaries don't get me anything except for some moments of distraction.

stumblmer, KatherinaAeonian and Nese like this.