Mini RPG The Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: See, I told you. :blobtaco:

2. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    After grabbing the required materials, Chris began planning out the schematics and drawings for the alternative designs of his armor set. First and foremost came as how to use the Black Iron Steel ingots that were practically spilling out his bag. This material was extremely good for both defensive and offensive equipment, and now he was planning to make an entire set of armor with it, while also making some weapons in parallel.

His previous set of equipment was made out of ordinary steel, but because he couldn't find a decent smithy to work in, he had been holding off on upgrading to anything above it, however the situation has changed a bit and he now has a feeling that his adventures are only going to get harder from now on.

The first thing that came up in his mind were the simplest of the two, and those were the various weapons at his disposal. His favored weapon was the spear, and he was planning on crafting some various tools like knifes for whenever he dismantles a monsters skin, flesh, and bones.

The spear head and shaft were going to be separate parts, and a small end piece will be attached to the end of the staff; so as to add another form of power in case of emergencies. After that comes the armor, which wasn't that hard, but it required more time and materials.

The armor has to be made up of several parts, and beneath his chest armor should be a sort-of defensive undershirt, which adds another layer of protection.

With these plans in mind, Chris tied a dry rag around his head to catch any of sweat that drips off of his face, and started grabbing the hammer he set on the anvil. This is where something unique happens, as the flame inside the furnace begins moving around as though it was alive.

Well, that's because it was! Although it had no face or mouth, its expressive movements were somehow good enough to display what it was feeling.

"Interesting, an Eternal Flame Mark in a place like this? This place must really not be that simple, huh." Although he was surprised for a short while, Chris began moving his hands faster than he could think, and began hammering on the Black Steel before him!

Kuuh!

'It's way harder than any of other metals I've dealt with before, but it's all the more reason for me to keep going!'

His thoughts materializing into a continuous surge of strength, Chris began hammering away at the steel to form a long spear shaft that was as tall as his body, and began making it thinner and finally etched a hole in the top so that the spear head could be attached. It's hardness was absurd, and it made for an already incredible weapon by itself then if you add the new spear head on top of that, it's attack power would be incredible.

'Phew, thank god this Flame is here, otherwise the molding process would've taken a lot longer than it did.'

Realizing it's worth, Chris continued hammering away at a new set of ingots and began forming the armor. The gauntlets were simple, but the finger pieces required delicate care and precise strikes, other wise his would crack it and have to redo it. With that done, he moved on to the legs pieces, armguards, the helm, and finally the chest piece, which he quickly shaped after getting used to the materials.

With the tempering done on those, he moved onto tanning the leather, skinned from a 2nd class troll, that would be used to connect all the more intricate armor pieces, as well as to add a sort of padding underneath everything. With the help of magic, he quickly dried and hardened the leather, and cut it to suitable lengths.

[The skill, Blacksmithing, has leveled up to 30!]

He wasn't done yet, as he began the application of mana crafting on all the pieces, with the spear being first.

'Remember, I'm not just trying to raise the attack power of the weapon, but I must also think of how to improve and effect my other skills!

With a 2nd class magic stone in both hands, he began his first mana crafting since coming to this place, and the result was astounding!

[The Skill, 'Mana Crafting', has leveled up to 17!]
    ['Razor Sharp Black Iron Steel Spear' has been created!]

'Success! Let's what stats it has!'

['Razor Sharp Black Iron Steel Spear]
    [Rank — Unique]
    [Attack Power — 1100]
    [Options - 20% increase in attack power, 17% decrease in mana consumption, and the skill, Quake, can be used twice a day.]
    [Durability — 1200/1200]
    [Description — A spear made of black iron steel, enhanced by a smith whose heart shows the pure shine of a craftsmen. This spear is absurdly hard, and it's potential in both strength and skills are incredible.]

"Whoa, these options are incredible! A twenty percent increase on attack power is amazing, ah but these other options are good as well, and I wonder what this 'Quake' skill is, but knowing what combat I prefer to perform, I think I can tell."

With excitement in his heart, he begins the mana crafting for armor set, but this time he'll be using a stone a bit bigger than the rest.

'Come on, give me a defense comparable to an iron fortress, let my body run across the battlefield as a hunter that reaps the lives of those I face, let my body be shielded by a fortress of iron!'

['Black Iron Fortress' has been created!]
    [The Skill, 'Mana Crafting', has leveled up to 19!]

[Sturdy Black Iron Fortress]
    [Rank — Rare]
    [Defensive Power — 2800]
    [Options - 19% increase in defense, able to convert mana into Spears of Fire.]
    [Durability — 1800/1800]
    [Description — Set of armor made out of the durable material known as Black Iron, and it's strengths were put to good use by a decent blacksmith, whose will shined bright enough to turn this armor into one of best; even when compared to veteran works.]

"Oh, well although there aren't any amazing options like on the spear, this is quite incredible. Especially that option to turn my mana into Spears made of fire."

Although he was done with his set of equipment, that did not mean he forgot to create the item his friend had requested. His request was a bit peculiar, as while he did request a defense piece, it wasn't armor, but more of an...accessory.

'Let's see, one would he like to use, huh? I suppose bracelets or bracers options can be ignored, while my magecraft has little effects on small items like earrings or piercings, so...ah, what about a belt?'

A belt would definitely be larger than a pair of earrings or bracelets, and it's more durable as well. However when it came to deciding the materials for it, he chose the hide of a monster called 'The Darkbeast' as it's main characteristic were it's powerful thunder-cracking attacks.

Then he chose the bones of a beast called the 'Quanea' for the buckle, as its bones carried a metallic property that stored mana while providing enough flexibility. However due to how it would end up too flexible, he alloyed it with a bit of the Black Iron Steel to make it more durable, while also providing enough mana circulation to the user.

When all said was done, he prepared the 2nd class mana stone of a monster that looked like a P*k*ch*, whose characteristics were quite similar to what the client was looking for, and began the Mana Crafting.

'I want something that can protect my most precious friends even in the most dangerous of times. I want his mind to feel ease when he sees the shape of a gun or sword, as he will be able to control it at will, and reflect it back to those who struck him.'

With a brilliant blinding of light, an artifact of great properties was made.

['Durable Belt of Conjured Lighting' has been created!]
    [The Skill, Mana Crafting, is now level 23!]

[Durable Belt of Conjured Lighting]
    [Rank — Unique]
    [Defensive Power — 900]
    [Options - Able to convert to conjure an electric field that protects the user from flying metal, able to enhance weapons with the power of lightning for 28% percent more attack power; has a chance to stun opponents.]
    [Durability — 1800/1800]
    [Description — A belt made from a master craftsmen after pouring his heart and soul into creating an artifact that can protect his friend from the most dangerous aspects in his line of work. His hope to establish an honest friendship may be achieved with this!]

'Heh, hopes he likes this, I think I have more shit to work on later, but for now...I'm done for the day.'

With light steps, he headed out his room to present his new toys to his good friend, Romanov.

OOC: @Blackwater, I did it.

Naraku and Blackwater like this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While Chris was crafting, Romanov spend the time in the lobby, ignoring any strange stares and conversations as he first stretches, making sure that he is flexible enough for whatever life may throw at him, before moving on to working on his muscles.

He does this with a balanced assortment of exercises, but stops before it might cause him to be sore - after all, it won't do to be at an unnecessary disadvantage.

Then, having confirmed that his body is in good shape, he starts to practice his magic - a few sparks of lightning flying of his armour temporarily being the only sign that there is high voltage at work in the metal until the constant friction causes the metal to slowly heat up.

Romanov once again stops before it would prove to be a hindrance in sudden combat. The next few minutes then are spent checking his tools to see if there are any issues - which there aren't for now.

Then he gets up, just in time to see Chris enter the lobby. "Ah, my friend!" Noting the exhausted but satisfied look, as well as the equipment Chris is carrying, he continues: "Successful day?"

OOC: Sounds nice. Also, why not also wear chainmail beneath the plate armour along with the gambeson? For more protection! :D

Naraku and SquadCammander354 like this.
  4. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Chris takes out the belt that he made for his friend, and places it so that Romanov is clasping it in his hold with both hands.

"Of course, check out the stats on this belt, I don't think you'll be disappointed!" While Romanov was inspecting the belt and trying it, Chris decided to stretch a bit himself.

Blackwater and Naraku like this.
  5. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    "You work fast." I smile at Chris as I accept the belt, whilst wondering in my mind. Check the stats? It'd be convenient if I could check information about things and people as easily. Seems like he is from somewhere quite different than I am.

With the belt in my hands I think for a while, before checking how it reacts to my mana, and how to electricity. The mana seems to work fine - some sort of connection between the materials appears to connect their traits. I can feel the mana resting within the belts buckle - quite handy, could work as a man's battery as well - and also how to send it into the rest of the belt. The quiet hum of the electrical field sounds very satisfying.

Electricity, however, seems to have some unintended effects - though the sparks flying around, knocking it out of my hand, certainly could be useful in their own way.

"I like it. Thanks, Chris. Quite a peculiar crafting technique you have there. Wouldn't mind to tell you some of my tricks as well." Just because I don't want to be in anyone's debt, of course.

SquadCammander354 and Naraku like this.
  6. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I have to go through some classes, but I'll try and work on the explanations for what it does, or you could explain and show my character as to how you craft stuff.

Naraku and Blackwater like this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    When he saw that Chris and Romanov seemed to get along, the mage decided to simply leave them to their conversation and go to his room to get a long sleep-- or so he wished. As he entered into his room, the creature now decided to show its self. Clicking on his tongue, Umbrum decided not to give it a glance, it meant that he would not be able to observe the room he was in-- unless he invited someone.

As despite everything, it seems that while nobody could see it, once he was not alone, it would fade away and let him in peace. Grinding his teeth, he simply closed his eyes as he tried to wander into the room, touching every commodities with his feet, trying to guess where was the bed... it seemed to be a regular bedroom, well, he could not see if there wasn't any other door. For example, there could be a bathroom and the such.
    "Стоп. Посмотри на меня..."

Anger began to swell into his heart, quickening his blood flow, his breath became more and more agitated and-- at some point, he fell onto the bed. That voice, for some reason, just the sound of it, could infuriate him to a point... so much that he could not bear with it for too long. What was it demanding again? Why did it start to speak? Why does it bother him only when he's alone? Back home, it was always easier-- he did not have to worry about such thing as he always was with Ni-- Nir--

"Who..?"
    Something felt wrong, his memories were fuzzy. His sight seemed to blur and-- he opened his eyes and looked at the creature in front of it, easily over two meters, fog instead of legs, holding a lantern, cloaked in a black metallic attire along with black gantlets. A sort of helmet in which only two holes for its eyes could be seen... these holes must have not even two centimeters of radius. There-- was nothing at all inside that thing.

"В заключение... Ты видишь меня."

Why did it seem to... be relieved? It was exactly at that moment that-- it disappeared. Yup, disappeared. Umbrum's whole body was trembling as he fell over the bed... his blood flow slowened, his breathing stabilized, his emotions faded away, his sleepiness escaped-- only one thing was left. The mage with nothing more than thoughts.

"God... what the... haaaa... I hope they sell some meds in this hostel-- I am past the point of no return... I can just-- slow down, right, yeah, slow down... this is-- an hallucinatio-- no, yes... sheesh."
    Thinking aloud, the hunter's mind was in a mess as he sat on the bed, for once, it disappeared. Why did it-- no, that's a good news. Now he can rest, right. It finished. Everything finished, he finally left him alone. Now he can feel at ease with nothing staring at him in his sleep--right?

"...whatever... let's sleep. Let's... think about it later. Just need something to numd me... like... mmmm..."
    And all of sudden, he fainted on his bed. An outbreak of his repressed emotions led him to crack before faiting, or so he will think later. Everything he has seen can be explained with events from his childhood. Wasn't the man who picked him up had a pretty similar outfit? Didn't even he beat him up when he was in the forest? Right, nothing to mind. That's completely-- co-- normal. Right. Haha. He will go through it as he always did.

___

And then, his eyes opened. A dreamless night, or so he thought as he remembered what happened-- could it be a dream? That would be likely, never did that hallucination harassed his mind that much. Since it never did something along these lines, or to this intensity. It means that it was just a dream... it wasn't real! While, it's not the first time he makes such dreams.

"Позор."
    Look! Just like usual, the voice's back and completely normal! If that can be considered as normal to hear voices... well, that's better than choking and fainting due to it... dreams are dreams. Heh, what a foolish child. Whatever. One day, he shall realize that-- what was he thinking about? Slapping his face, he immediately left his room as his stomach groaned, not bothering with examinating his surroundings. Probably because of the uneasiness he felt due to being alone.

Back at the lobby, he announced his arrival with a childish smile.
    "I am ba--"
    Before he could even finish his sentence, the mage yawned and rubbed his eyes that were slightly red. Ah shoot, remnants of what happened? A sigh escaped his mouth as--
    "Haha... one day, I shall have a proper sleep!"
    OOC: Phew, alas I posted something~
    Needed to get something to illustrate Umbrum's feelings properly~

Blackwater and SquadCammander354 like this.
  8. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Well, I'll be getting busy quite soon as well, so... in a nutshell.

Grinding any material which reacts to mana in a mild way into small particles through physical means and then creating an alloy of the material and glass will make goggles which can detect mana. This can, of course, be fine-tuned with materials which only react to certain kinds of mana, certain focusing techniques, etc.

The syncopation tool messes with the structural integrity of spells by creating frequencies through rapidly changing currents in its interior.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  9. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "...Well, guess I'm never getting that book." Whatever, it probably wasn't that important anyway. I turned away from the receptionist's desk and decided to study the doors of the hotel in case I could discern anything from it. I'd spent quite a time escaping all sorts of magical spiritual arrays that I've grown somewhat familiar with what each part of the complex pattern means.

Unfortunately, the door seems to have none. Or if there are any, they're expertly hidden in the intricate drawings on the frame of the door.

10. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Chris nodded in acknowledgment and saw Romanov off as he headed towards the refreshments stalls. He decided to head outside as he believed that he had made ample preparations for the outside.
    At a distance away from the doors, Zeke, who was sitting on the sofas close by, watched on as Chris headed towards the doors to the outside, almost fully dect out in armor. When Chris grabbed onto the door handle, he felt a vibrating sensation move up his body, and he immediately let go.

His heart felt a sudden push in the circulation in his blood, but he calmed himself down and firmly grabbed the handle, this time prepared. When he fully pulled open the doors, he felt a cool sensation churl up his body, and while taking deep breaths, walked right into the fog. Magically he disappeared, and the doors that were normal before, were now shinning with a bright light.

OOC: @Fossil, you could have your character chase after me, and we both can have an adventure!

Blackwater likes this.
  11. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Don't expect a post from me today, I'll head right out to play MTG after work, and be home after 0:00 in my time.

12. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I have to sleep for the night, it's currently 10 PM for me, or well basically 22:00

Blackwater likes this.
  13. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Lilith Nystorm
    Race: human

[​IMG]
    -bag of jewels
    -several outfits- each enchanted
    -a book on the dark arts.
    -a book on storm magic.
    -a diary.
    -the diary of Miral Nystorm (first head)
    Agility- lvl 4/ lvl 5
    Regeneration- lvl 5/ lvl 6
    Strength - lvl 1/ lvl 10
    Speed- lvl 3/ lvl 5
    Defense- lvl 4/ lvl 6
    Attack- lvl 2/ lvl 6
    Dark Hole
    -A kind of space system where it utilizes dark magic instead of space and stores stuff in shadows.

Shadow Hand
    -a shadow stretches and materializes to do things. (Not like in a human form. It has no form. And not used like a servant. You'll find out when I decide on how to write this)

Shadow Absorb
    -a shadow comes and absorbs any attack making way. Can also absorb items, making them go into the hole

Dark Warp
    -becomes one with shadows and can travel to any place before separating.

Dark heal
    -uses the shadows to heal injuries.
    -stronger at night

Condensed shadow (lvl 1/ lvl 6)
    -condenses the dark and materializes it.
    -so far can only condense a it to the size of a pebble
    Born in a noble family. Instead of being spoiled and loved as the youngest, she was despised and hated. Being born with an affinity for dark arts was rare and only occurred every once in a long while for the Nystorm family. And instead of treating her like a precious gem, they treated her like a monster who was different from everyone else in the family who had an affinity for storms. They locked her in the mansion, forbidden from going outside. They thought of her like a curse, bringing bad luck to the family. They blamed her for everything bad that happened to them.

In her isolation, the dark reached out to her. It had accompanied her through the pain and suffering. And she had learnt to use the magic. Though she hadn't learnt to control it, she could utilize it. So she used it to take some jewels, and steal some books on magic. Then she ran. Far away from it all.

She ran away from it all, but she still encountered many dangers. She could only stay in one place for so long before she would be encounter dangers.

OOC: this was a pain in the ...

Haxagen and SquadCammander354 like this.
  14. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Won't be able to respond much if at all over the weekend.

15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: You were only supposed to put this in your signature, but nice~! OwO)b
    OOC: I'm probably gonna post something long during that time, and I hope everyone can read my short adventures.

Fossil likes this.
  16. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik. Just wanted to post it. Its already in my sig

... that doesnt work right? A long story for a short adventure?

17. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Well, that was because I wag going to do it alone, but since we can both work together by establishing a party, it should be fine, besides I'll do it parts for you.

18. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Talk about it in the pms?

19. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Alright~

20. Blackwater