Recommendations MC who's "Cheat" is Nano-Bots?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for some novels where the MC's main cheat is Nano-Bots or something similar. Not something like "magic/system that's explained with Nano-bots", but something where it actively plays a role. I'd prefer Isekai, but if its not, that's fine too.

The main point is that we as the Readers can actively identify their "Cheat" as being Nano-bots, and not just something where their power is basically magic but they call it nano-bots.

NOTES:

1): Decent Length (30+chapters or 2-3 Volumes, depending on chapter length), and/OR being actively translated (Has been updated in the last 1 - 2 months). I.E. I don't want something with 10-15 chapters that's not been updated since August 2016, but something with 5-10 chapters that's been update Mid June/July (or even the start) is perfectly fine.
    2): No Hentai/Smut. Adult themes/Scenes are fine, but no blatant smut (I.E. a bedroom scene just for the sake of smut).
    3): Harem tag is fine, but No Polygamy.

SquadCammander354 and Kiskaiya like this.
  2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that should stop anyone from recommending "I Said Make My Abilities Average" like seriously it was like you were anticipating that answer. Unfortunately aside from the asformentioned series I don't think I've seen a lot of stories with nanobots in them. (I prefer fantasy over scifi) I do remember reading one story on RoyalRoadl something about a guy whose parents inject him with special nanobots so that he can survive an upcoming apocalypse.

The apocalypse is way more devastating than they predicted and the earth is completely destroyed. His life pod takes him to a completely different planet with magic and cultivation and the nanobots rewrite his genetics to force him to adapt to his new environment. A lot of stuff happens from there can't remember all of it, he uses light and poison elements though, has snake familiars, a fiancee from earth he's never met, and he impregnates a gorgon.

Osamaru likes this.
  3. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    XD That and a Few other stories (I can't remember the name of one, but the MC's last name as "Greyrat" or something like that. EDIT: It was Mushoku Tensei).

Do you have the name of the RRL one?

4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Plenty of series use nanobots (ie. Index) but I've never seen one where the MC used it. It's too OP and adaptable to properly develop.

Osamaru likes this.
  5. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Nano-bots are the End all of Cheats XD hahahahahha! I know what I'm asking for if I ever get the chance.

chencking likes this.
  6. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the life of me I can't remember, I was hoping someone else would see the description and tell me what it was because I want to reread it. I think the word Star might have been in the title, maybe not. Here is what I can remember
    • He is a originally from earth.
    • His parents are scientists, who inject him with nanobots and the memories of hundreds of experts to protect him from a man made apocalypse.
    • The apocalypse ends up destroying earth so he goes to another planet.
    • While in space the nanobots modify him, including giving him the ability to absorb solar energy, eventually becomes all kinds of energy. (Might be remembering it wrong)
    • He gets picked up by a royal family, one of the kings wives tries to read his mind with a water spell, nanobots rewrite his brain to make him immune, makes him kind of evil in the process.
    • Goes to rescue the kings first wife from some sort of nest, befriends a flesh eating horse.
    • Gets washed down a river picked up by a Gorgon.
    • Gorgon takes him to her home place filled with snake type monsters.
    • Learns poison, prevents a take over by ape monsters, impregnates the gorgon.
    • Goes back, stops an invasion, finds out about fiancee.
    • Goes to find his fiancee, I think the series was dropped at this point.
    • His magic elements are light (from his time in space) and poison (from the snakes) I think he also has fire but I can't remember how he got it.

7. Sindri_Myr

Sindri_Myr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I wanna read that book, that shit sounds interesting...

8. Alfha Robby

Alfha Robby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw theres anime adaptation for it jn the next season

9. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a name?

10. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh Nvm, Seems it was dropped.

11. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nanomancer reborn, it's on Qi. Original went premium. Female protagonist, monster protagonist too.

GrisiaSun and Osamaru like this.
  12. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good example. Though I dropped it for some reason I can't quite remember. I think it was because someone said she goes full Villain?

13. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just confused by the yes harem, but no polygamy. My brain short-circuited.

danildvln likes this.
  14. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    As I told someone else;

Because now these days, "Harem" doesn't actually mean Harem. Not the way it use it. Now its used more as a term for any story where the MC has multiple POSSIBLE love interests (even if none of them ever turn into anything).

Heck, there are stories where Someone will tag it as harem if a named woman so much as smiles at the MC.

Polygamy on the other hand, shows there is a real point in the story where the MC is romantically involved with more than 1 person.

I like romance stories. XD I just don't like Romance stories where the MC is a balless douche who can't pick, and the women are mindless objects who are only there to make the MC look like a stud. I.E. 99.9999% of polygamy stories.

again, most of the things tagged "Harem" now these days aren't actually harem. Often times even if there are several people "going after" the MC, the MC tends to end up with just one, and (if the story is REALLY good) the others find their own partners during the course of it.

15. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Said Make My Abilities Average!

The world's magic system is all about nanobots doing whatever the magic user orders. Most people think it works by using specific spells and incantations but the protagonist has administrator access so she just directly orders the nanobots around.

16. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you're saying. Should probably be a separate tag for multiple love interests instead of calling it harem.

17. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    *points below*

18. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    XD I've told this to @Tony a few times, but like he said before, It's unlikely people would even use it. Its just been so ingrained in people's heads.

19. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, The Legendary Mechanic far in the raws, the MC already has his own Army of Nanobots, even his armor is made up of it, but in the end, it is not really a cheat, but a skill from his class.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Osamaru likes this.
  20. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    |.+) actually that looks right up my Alley. Though 2 questions.
    1): Him or Her? you say both XD.
    2): Why does it skip from 114 to 439?