September 20

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neiri, Sep 20, 2019.

?

Will they show up near area 51

Poll closed Sep 21, 2019.
  1. yes

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't stop when they order you to do so and ignore the warning shot, they will shoot you. I'm pretty sure the soldiers stationed at Area 51 are authorized to stop trespassers with deadly force. :sweating_profusely:

Yeah, the US police would be more than glad to accept them though. :blobsalt:

2. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    If only the noise is just a distraction for an actual terrorist or mercenary group to seriously infiltrate the military base....

3. Haerether

Haerether 『. . .』

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta say.. these people are serious. There’s even a “Storm Area 51 Basecamp” event nearby, and if we assume the number of people who’ll be joining the ‘storming’ by the amount of tickets sold in this event.. about 3,200 people. https://www.nst.com.my/world/2019/09/522782/storm-area-51-raid-commences-us

And whaaat about 9k are watching on imgur https://m.imgur.com/gallery/GbAIxvO (I guess that includes me.. but I was just curious.. but then are all those other 9k people, too).

Yes way, and now about 11k people are watching now.

Edit: Nanitf. It went up to 114, 836 people!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They was actually released after paying a hefty fine and immediate deportation. They were given that option, jailtime of one year or 3 days jail and fine/deportation and some might believe also their public apology .

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to consider that part :hmm: welp today we'll see how many idiots manage to infiltrate area 51 and gets shot. :blobrofl:

6. itsthatkidjashyy

itsthatkidjashyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if ur gonna die anyway might as well die for a good cause :blob_ghost::blob_ghost:

7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll be unexpected if somehow the military accept them with an open arms and gives everyone a strictly controlled, heavily guarded tour of the base. After a heavy security screening, of course.

8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Over 9000? There is no way that can be right!

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, if I was part of a group with bad intentions, taking advantage of the chaos would look like a golden opportunity.

10. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any update on this? :aww:

11. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You say "they". I say "I". I've had my fair share of guard duties and you really should not believe everything the media tells you to. Hell, you should not even believe most of it. The instant you shoot someone dead, an investigation is almost a gurantee and even if you were aquitted in the end, it'll still go on your record. No one wants shit like that. Even the guard commander and officer on duty will have to fill out incident reports and it's one of the few times shit flows uphill. If the guy was insane and out to burn down the base's fighters and tanks or carrying a machette and running around attacking people, you MIGHT have a case (though more often you'd get the guys with batons and riot shields to tackle and sit on him) but anything less than that, YOU will end up being charged for brutality. Don't believe the shit movies and TV tell you, they're just there for the fucking drama, reality isn't a criteria.

Haerether likes this.
  12. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, so let's say you encountered a trespasser during a patrol and he doesn't stop when you order him to do so. Since he doesn't appear to be carrying any weapons, you didn't think he was much of a threat. He immediately bolted and you tried to chase after him. Unfortunately, it was in the middle of the night and you quickly lost him. You immediately alerted your superiors. Later, it was discovered that top secret documents had gone missing and one of your fellow soldiers was killed by the intruder. Of course, it wasn't really your fault since you didn't know better but you were still marked as incompetent in your record. Good job, soldier, why didn't you follow the rules of engagement?

By the way, before you reply, check my previous post. I was talking about trespassers and not particularly referring to this incident. Thanks for your rant though.

13. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not supposed to chase and if you want to play "whatifisms" why not say he got beamed up by an alien spaceship? And what I told you WAS ROE. You're giving me a fantasy TV drama script, I'm talking about real life. And no, you DO NOT chase someone running away, your DUTY is to walk your patrol, not chase everyone you see and not check the security of everything further up.

Fantasy is not reality. You're into fantasy territory already.

14. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, you're right. Camp patrol should just ignore trespassers. Your job is just to walk around camp. Okay.

15. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    You finally got something right despite all the smutty innuendo. I'll even explain to you why. Think it through before answering. You run off to chase that guy. How long does it take? 15 min? 30? In this period of time, who is guarding the section of the perimeter that was assigned to you?

16. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of an idiot would spend 15 or 30 minutes chasing after someone? If you can't catch up to him, call for backup or alert your superiors. Fantasy is not reality. You're into fantasy territory already.

17. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, have you EVER walked patrol before to be making these claims?
    You do know you're talking to someone who did the job before. Unless you have some special understanding of the job or "special orders", you're just assuming you know how to do the job from public perception instead of being the one on site.

No, we are NOT allowed to just haul out our M-4s and start blasting. Don't let TV brainwash you into thinking that is allowed.

18. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, we have 2 years of conscription here. Did you spend your patrols ignoring trespassers or chasing after them for 15-30 minutes? Or did nothing really happen and we're both talking about hypothetical situations?

19. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    2 years is probably Singapore then.
    Yes we sometimes get nuts who jump the fence or protesters. If you can catch them without interupting your patrol then you do but if they run back out, you get the police to handle it because your job is the security of the installation, not law enforcement. Even with protesters you break out the riot shields and ax handles/batons (yes this happened before), not shoot at them, shooting at protesters is a MASSIVE no-no unless you want to be on the evening news with "Army opens fire on peaceful anti-war protesters". Good luck to you then. Even in the police, most shooting deaths that get covered in the media all ended up with the police officer in question suspended.

"Authorised to use lethal force" does not mean you are free to shoot. It is a last resort, not the first thing that you do.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link