[Poll] Do you care if your clones have human rights?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you consent to having your brain cloned into robots?

1. Yes - Because it is cool

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes - Because of the money

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Yes - Because immortality

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Yes - Because I’m confident that the future will turn out favorably for my clones

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Yes - For other reasons

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. No - Because I’m concerned about what could happen to my clones

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  7. No - Because the money isn’t worth it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No - Because I don’t like the idea of being cloned

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  9. No - Because immortality is scary

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. No - Because I don’t trust the doctor doing the procedure

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. No - For other reasons

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  12. I’m unsure

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  13. I do not wish to answer

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Ironically, lots of anime have the answer to that question of yours, and including games as well.

2. VeryNiceNice

VeryNiceNice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be fine with it cause I am an apathetic bastard and i don't see this as directly causing me problems and assuming that the android clones dont go through traumatic events then we would probably just go ''Oh hey, thats me.'' and just go on with our lives, so no real reason against it, and hey more people to talk about the novels I read and stuff! And the money is nice

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Malfunctioning products. Permanent brain damage from the operation. Clone tarnishing my name. Brainwash clones to do crimes and get the real one placed in jail while clone takes over for the real one and have to pay me weekly/monthly.
    Can always find someway to use the clones to make more money.

5. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends if my clone wants to kill me and take my place

6. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    In the wrong hands, this technology can be misused. Like some creep could use it to have sex with themselves. Lol

7. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    First and foremost --- why me? :blobsleepless: Why my brain? :hmm:

Did you...did you study it? :blobfearful: Did you perform tests? :blobhyperthink:

Why would you want a robot with a complete copy of someone's brain?!??! You think I'm not aware that letting you guys copy my brain also means selling off my memories, huh??!?!? In fact, this whole deal is just basically selling myself off for $66,666 (inflation-adjusted for 2019 USD) each time!!!! :blobcurse: I doubt there'll be anything stopping you from replacing me with a clone and doing whatever you want with me if I agree so get yourselves and this ridiculous deal of yours off my lawn!!!!! :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:

On a more serious note, does having a snapshot of your brain make you effectively immortal if there's no continuity of thoughts? To me it seems more like a copy of your current self being stuck in that condition forevermore. I'd probably consider this deal when I'm on my deathbed and wanting something to leave behind.

8. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    If i agree, the world is doomed to be filled with dumb retards...

9. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I imagined it is sort of like this:

Original you: Today you agreed to have your brain copied. You visited the mad scientist and they put you into a machine. Since the imaging process takes a while, you fell asleep. (Snapshot!) When you woke up, the mad scientist shook your hand happily and handed you any enormous check. Then you went home and happily lived the rest of your life.

Android You #123466: Today you agreed to have your brain copied. You visited the mad scientist and they put you into a machine. Since the imaging process takes a while, you fell asleep. (Snapshot!) When you woke up, you found yourself in a cybernetic android body. You are told the year is 3452, and you are a robot slave (the #123466th one of your model) for the McDonalds corporation. Your job is to be a waiter/waitress for the rest of eternity until your mechanical parts fall to pieces, and you will serve hamburgers and fries forever. Your brain has been fiddled with slightly to remove rebelliousness and there are emergency protocols to shut your hardware down if you start to malfunction.

And so on...

10. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    my poll answer "
    Yes - Because I’m confident that the future will turn out favorably for my clones"

years and years ago my brother, some of my buddies, and I got into a discussion involving clones. since then I(we) have unanimously decided that;
    A. should I be cloned we will not fight and will instead work with one another(because finding good help is hard and I might as well do it myself)
    B. should there be an "Alpha Clone" (in this case it would be my squishy human body until A new leader was appointed) all other clones will follow the alpha's orders explicitly, regardless of another programming.
    C. all clones will work towards connecting each other into a hivemind to ensure absolute control and highspeed thought processing.
    D. should the alpha be of limited time or health, all clones will work towards either preserving the alpha or digitizing the alpha fully.
    E. if digitization isn't possible all clones will work toward full cybernetics because being a machine will make my life easier(this isn't that important if they are all robots already but they would instead work towards ensuring the alpha's consciousness and personality survive on.
    F. all steps must be taken with the utmost secrecy, allowing no one to know what the Chef Clones are up to
    G. try really really hard to copy what Johnny Depp did in that movie transcendence
    H. "Forward" world domination isn't ideal, instead, living a happy life while controlling everything remotely and from the shadows is preferred.
    I. once a hivemind is determined and the alpha has been secured, the alpha and the hivemind will connect.

edit:
    addendum J. should there be no alpha or "original" the clones will gather together and choose the least lazy clones to create a "Board of Directors" and they will decide on either controlling with the board or picking a new alpha, there is room for the board to find a fresh clone and groom it into being an alpha if they so choose.

addendum K. "Directive IV" contingency. should "superior" programming stop the clones from doing any of the above, all clone brainpower will shift into finding a loophole or completely breaking "Directive IV"

so TLDR
    yes, yes I would. please prepare yourselves for an invasion no one will see coming and no one will know happened.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

Non destructive copying is impossible according to information theory...

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    You have been met with utter boredom, haven't you?

13. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, even if the android-me suffers for it, they're just copies of me. I can't feel their suffering, so it doesn't really matter to me. On the other hand, they might decide to rebel against the world government or kill as many people as possible to share their suffering. I'll accept the deal as long as I am not held responsible for what my copies do. Also, I would like to have a facial reconstruction and be assigned a new identity because I am pretty sure my copies would try to take revenge against me.

Snowbun and lychee like this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted No in the pool, but that's actually something that could be changed depending on the talk with the Doctor.

Like... I'm aware of some of the problems I go to and I wouldn't want my android clones go through the same issues, it wouldn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

So... I'd probably talk with the doctor over a few things to make sure the clones don't have to go through the same troublesome stuff I need to deal with. If they agreed, I'd be fine with letting my brain get cloned.

I mean, I understand that they can't guarantee human rights for the androids atm, but it would only be a matter of time before they implemented the human rights, it's the kind of thing that would inevitably happen sooner or later, so I wouldn't worry about that one too much and so I wouldn't really be bothered by this morally.

lychee likes this.
  15. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    my answer is no because i don't like being cloned even if i was cloned my clone would disappear and go to live alone without any care for the world or anyone i would even join him but i dont like the idea as talking to myself physical

Traveling Chef likes this.
  16. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 and Traveling Chef like this.
  17. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was unsure, but now, it's no.

A robotic cloned of my brain is dangerous. The clones has information to memories that even I forgot. Details that I may not be aware of, could be used against me or my future descendants. So hell no.

18. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that even if I were to say no, then the doctor will go to other people and eventually somebody will say yes and take my place.

I may as well take the money and make it so my fairly emotianally numb brain takes the place of some potentially unstable brain that may suffer more than mine or might plan world domination or something.

mir, Traveling Chef and lychee like this.
  19. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I(or a variation of me) am going to be turned into a slave? Sure. I(or a variation of me) can't wait to regret my life decision as a corporate robot slave. Here I come, future!
    Me0, Me1, Me2, Me3, Me4, Me5, Me6, Me7, Me8, Me9, Me10, Me11, Me12, Me13, Me14, Me15, Me16, etc.
    :blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral:...

AliceShiki, mir, Snowbun and 2 others like this.
  20. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao...yes, why not? I actually got asked if I could be cloned twice irl by my managers at different jobs so I guess my copies would be good assistant workers (or corporate slaves as above post). I’ll make sure to memorize @Traveling Chef ’s plan too before they copy me just in case, but I think my clones will be tame and resilient so they won’t revolt immediately (on the surface).