[Poll] Would you share your body with a supernatural being?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 21, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you share your body with this supernatural being?

1. Yes - because it is cool

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Yes - because it makes me feel like a novel protagonist

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Yes - because I believe in helping people

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Yes - because I would enjoy the companionship

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Yes - because I think it will make my life better/easier

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. Yes - because I think I might eventually get rewarded

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Yes - because I want to learn about the blob and where it comes from

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Yes - other reason

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. No - because it's creepy to share your body with another person

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. No - because I don't want to give up my body for 2 hours daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. No - because I don't trust the blob is telling the full truth

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  12. No - because I don't trust what the blob would do with my body

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  13. No - because I might not get along with the blob

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. No - because I value my privacy

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  15. No - because I think it might attract more trouble in the future

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  16. No - because I don't care if the blob dies

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  17. No - because the blob is too weak and not offering anything good

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  18. No - because I think the blob is kinda ugly

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  19. No - other reason

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  20. I'm unsure

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  21. I do not wish to answer

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If he works out for me, I'll get him 4 hours of my day yo

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you do it if you feel every moment of it?

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyop3

lychee and UnGrave like this.
  4. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be awesome if blob could tell me what the baby is thinking...but at the same time, would my child develop some serious personality disorders? Wait...would I lose our blob link then? So many questions...:hmm:

AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  5. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    There's obviously the issue of trusting whether it's telling the truth or not, but I think I'd probably take the risk and accept it on a whim.

As a person who spends most time alone, I think it would be nice to have a companion I could speak to all the time. It would make life more interesting.

People are talking about privacy, but does privacy really matter when you're talking about a blob living in your head?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  6. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  7. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure it can keep the other voices in my head occupied

Diametric likes this.
  8. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, if I'm not getting anything out of it, why even waste my energy helping it? Let it die.

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be more comfortable with talking to a guy with the most random and stupid ideas than a female. If it is more feminine then although it will initially look like a romance it will quickly turn awkward after a while. You just can't replace the times with the bros talking nonstop for hours about memes, video games, edgy opinions that must never see the light of the internet and anime

AMissingLinguist, lychee and UnGrave like this.
  10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus, if it were a female, it would be pretty weird trying to get a girlfriend with literally another woman living inside your head.

11. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, it'd depend on a lot of things really. To be honest, I'd probably do it because realistically, it would be hard for me to ignore something dying literally centimeters away from me. Also, while it could be a bit weird, it seems to be a good break away from the mundane life. At the same time, while it can't tell me anything classified, that doesn't mean the general knowledge of a divine being is worthless. It is a higher being than me and I could learn a couple of things, also it could help me learn a couple of things as well.

lychee and Snowbun like this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of blob? :aww::blobangery::blobconfused::cookie::blobdevil::blobexpressionless::facepalm::blobfearful::blobmelt::blobnosebleed::blobowoevil::blobowoevil_horns::blobpats::blobhero::blobpeek::blobangel::blobdrool::blobninja::blobokhand::blobpensive::blobsad::blobspy::blobpoliceangry::blobparty::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_two::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmirk::blob_coughblood::blob_grin::blobReach::blobsalt::blob_sunglasses::blob_zipper_mouth::blobtriumph::blobunsure::blobwoah::blobsob::blobxd::hmm::notlikeblob::blobsalute::sweating_profusely::blobastonished::blobcheeky::blobcry::blobdizzy::blobfrowning::blobhug::blobjoy::blobneutral::blobicecreamlove::blobok::blobphone::blobrofl::blobsleeping::blobsmile::blobsmilehappy::blobsweat::blobdead::blobsweat_2::blobtired::blobtongue::blobunamused::blobupset::blobwink::blobamused::blobawkward::blobconfounded::blobdead::blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR::blobhighfive::blobshh::blobsleepless::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthumbsdown::blobwhistle::blob_pompom::blob_catflip::blob_coffee::blob_ghost::blob_pout::blob_thor::blob_teary::blobnom::blobsnow::pikablob::blobhyperthink::blobspearpeek::blobtaco::blobsick::blob_blush::blobdog::bloblove::blobcatblush::blobcatcop::blobcurse::blobflag::blobnobully::blob_plusone::blobgift::blobsneeze::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_knife::blobcat_rawr::blob_patpat::blobalert::blobbunny:blobmelt_thumbsblob_crime:blobcozy::blobuwu::blob_nuffies::blob_tilt::bloboh:

Personally there are some I wouldn't trust with anything, especially this :blob_zipper_mouth: stitchmouth blob straight outta horror movies.

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't agree with it, because... Well, plain and simply, I'd be scared. What else would my reaction be when a supernatural being just magically appears in front of me and suddenly wants to take over my body for a limited period of time every day for the rest of my life? I'd be freaked out.
    Especially because the Blob will die in minutes, so I wouldn't have time to give proper and careful thought to it... I'd probably be scared out of my wits of what could happen, while at the same time assaulted by a feeling of guilty that I am leaving it to die... Still, I think the fear would speak way louder.

If I did have the time to think it out though... I think I might be willing to do it, to just... Well, have someone to talk to and helping them out would be nice I guess. I'd also have 2h every day to put my thoughts in order and try to organize my head, it could be pretty useful. Especially if the blob controlled my body in this meantime to do basic things like showering, eating, exercises or... Well, even stuff that doesn't require any input from me (like watching youtube) could be nice. As I wouldn't spend my own time doing that.
    However... There is a big and major downside to it which is... Love life. Like... Do I really want a blob taking over my body when I am with a future boyfriend or husband? Or when I'm taking care of my child? I don't. It's like... No, just no. That's the kind of thing I and I alone want to go through, I don't want anyone taking my body over while I am with the people I care for... And well, once we live together, that's most of the day.

So... I'd really lean on no even if I did give some serious thought to it... And well, in the panic situation of just meeting it? It's almost guaranteedly a no.

otaku31 and lychee like this.
  14. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I kind of think this would be pretty amusing XDD

15. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    *hadnt thought of being trapped in own mind*

....so glad I didnt agree yet.

Tilgarial likes this.
  16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sheblob could help you with dating advice and stuff tho, like how to quell your gf's anger

17. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I will probably accept it after making sure the blob is not evil

18. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...I feel bad for all these rejected blobs...:blob_teary:

*gathers all the dying blobs and puts them into my clone arm— coughs family’s bodies”:blobsmilehappyeyes:

lychee likes this.
  19. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I'll set aside my paranoia and skepticism for a moment since this seems like an interesting situation.

What kind of personality does this blob have? If there's going to be another voice in my head, it's important that it gets along with the others~ :blobrofl: jk I like my peace and quiet especially when I'm thinking about what to add/remove in my stories. The reason why I'm considering this deal is because I don't have much willpower so it would be nice (for my body) to be "forced" to see through tasks that I've decided to do. Can the two hours be split into small intervals or does it have to be in one go? Can I take over my body in an emergency? Can I "lower" the volume of its voice in my head so I don't get distracted all the time? It would be nice if it has a very good memory so it would be like having a personal secretary in your brain!

AliceShiki, lychee and Lurking like this.
  20. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    NO! I stand firm~ the only thing I will allow to "invade" me is dope cybernetic enhancements from the future~