Spoiler The Villain’s Mother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Sep 1, 2019.

1. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I never took your words as an attack. I see it as different view points. This is more of a discussion about the story than an argument about who is right. As we discuss, I see more of the story that I may have missed due to my own state of mind and which aspect I take in more than what the story may actually portray.

For me, the part that I really liked is the thinking process of the original fl and the new fl. They really think differently from the other fls from the stories here.

Original fl is very very realistic. It is difficult to really get a good understanding from the horrible mtl but as I could gather she knows what she wants and sees what she can get.
    It is not everyone who can go directly for a goal and just stay within the goal only.

The memories from both the fl and ml, shows how the ml basically cut off any aspect of a sincere relationship when they got married. The fl just went along with it to keep her own harmony. She understood that she should not push it to gain more like love or such as long as she is free from want. That is the point that I got from the story. If the ml was more willing to go for the love aspect, I think the fl would have gone along. This is conjecture from the memories and the evaluation of the new fl.

Family wise, they do have a loving family but that does not mean they did not have hardships. The father worked menial jobs for his family. The mother did not work since the father could not allow the beauty out of his sight even though she would never cheat. This is an issue with all the wolves out there instead of the moral character of the mother.
    This means that they did not always have enough to eat. They were poor and probably just above the abject poverty line and sometimes below it.

For a person to grow from there without any support to go higher nor a genius intellect or anything else like so many other fls here, she took the most logical action to marry rich.
    She could have taken any number of other options with her beauty but did not. She could have had many boy toys as well but she did not. She was loyal to the family as per the agreement.

This is why I blame more on the ml than the fl for the situation they are in. If the ml was more willing to try, from the perspective of the original, she would have met him at least half way and would have done more for the family. Instead, the ml broke that in the beginning creating a line on what the ml and fl will do. She didn’t create it, the ml did. Since she wants the peace and support of being wealthy, she went along with it through out. She kept to it and just had fun as per what ml wanted. A separate living setup with father handling all aspects of the son.

Now I don’t think this is all on the ml but there no denying the situation is due to the personalities of both. So we have two monks getting married here.
    On the aspect of the original leaving, do you really think she was happy? She now has the chance to live her life the way she wants without worrying about anything else. Her life is now taken over by someone else who will handle all of the responsibilities.
    From the personalities of both, they are very similar so I can see the other transmigrating to the life of working and just staying home to read light novels as something that she can get into so I think they switched.

Two very realistic personalities that are not willing to go out on a limb for happiness except for what the original did though that was a clear calculation.
    There is something missing in this story but I can’t really put it to words. Somethings are well done but others feel short.

2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I like the ML and I think he's perfect husband material. I also like the original host. BTW, she transmigrated to another world as a main character as far as I understood, and didn't want to go back to her original body and she appeared in MC's dreams to tell her to take the husband and kid. MC was miffed to put it lightly, lol.

The author is a very realistic person and I really loved her views on life. Like how this MC was scared of childbirth and didn't want her own children and never thought it's a must that if you love someone, you have to have a fruit of your love (baby). MC was also apprehensive that if she did give birth herself, she'd be more attached to her baby than the boy she's mothering. I found that a very realistic concern for certain people, although I know others who can love all their children, own or adopted, equally. It's up to the person, and the MC is this type of person who can't split her love.

Also, MC had to learn how to be a mother instead of the good aunt who spoils the kid and lets him do anything. As a mother she had to concern herself with his health and be stern with him and so on. She didn't just immediately develop maternal instinct and love for the kid. She was also tempted by the ML due to his good looks, but realistically stopped herself from developing feelings, since she didn't want any drama. Anyway, the author's realism reflected on her characters xD;.

The original host gives me the impression of an amazon woman - very strong, looks out for herself, doesn't put any importance on men, has a clear head and good judgement. She was never meant to be a parent. She's a pure egoist, and me being the same type of woman in that regard, understand her unwillingness to take care of a child. So, she was cruel, but I understand her cruelty. Of course, I don't intend to have children for this reason, but she did have a baby to trade it for a comfortable life. She's basically a cold personality - doesn't get attached to anyone and pursues hedonism and beauty. But here's the thing, her husband gives her monthly spending money, but she never went over the limit and always has money on hand - meaning she knows how to spend within limits. There was a rich young guy pursuing her, but she didn't even entertain the thought of him, because she judged him too unintelligent and erratic - meaning not stable and can't rely on him. So she picks her man very carefully. She's prideful, smart, cold. I can't help but admire her as a woman, although she sucks as a mother. She doesn't spare any emotions on men, but she can adapt to their expectations. So for her second husband, she adapted to being a lover's role since that's what he wanted. ML didn't set any expectations of her, so she didn't put in any effort. If ML tried to be a family with her, she would have pretended to be the good wife, but I firmly believe no feelings would've arisen even then. She's just not that type. Or else she would've developed some feelings for the son she carried for 9 months and birthed for a dozen hours... Instead of complaining that he destroyed her figure, lol. Or pushing him off to a friend when she remarried.

As for why I like the ML so much, I find his realism and maturity and stability very different and soothing. There's no drama with him, you can count on this character to have your back. Not gonna repeat my previous points or other people's points, just gonna add that he respects the MC and her wishes and never tries to force his own on hers. He agreed to not have more children since it's her body and she'd have to go through the pains, so it's her decision. He's already happy with what he has. He's just accommodating, respectful, warm. Maybe it's cause I'm around that age where I treasure this kinda stability more than passion, haha. This ML is too perfect and no real man can compare (from the ones I know, sigh). He's no despotic CEO, possessive abuser, yandere, stalker, easily jealous, or any of the other popular ML types. He's extremely rare as a type, and that's why I appreciate him so much. It's all up to taste. He's raised the bar for ML's for me as a reader. Next time I see a sticky, overbearing, can't-take-no-for-an-answer ML (recent novel Innocent Master Lu comes to mind), I'll compare him to this ML and shake my head. (Make no mistakes, I'm gonna read Innocent Master Lu anyway, and enjoy it for its own merits. I mean, it's pretty exciting xD)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  3. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for understanding that this is just a discussion on ideas. I actually love listening and debating on different aspects. So thank you for having this discussion with me.

Reading your review/ thoughts on what happened makes me hate this story even more. Its like the author cant decide what she wants.

Ml's pov is completely different from original host's pov. Who do you believe? They both contradict each other.

Ml said. This was something original host wanted and she said she hated kids. Thats why when she always drops him off and gets her spa and parties. She doesnt cook, work, or do anything productive.

And you are saying the author wrote original pov saying. She wanted a family but it was ml who didnt want it? She also agreed to not take care of her kid and to live leisurely?

This kinda makes it confusing. Are they misunderstanding each other? If both have contradicting stories, then the author should write a 3rd party pov that is neutral so we know what really happened instead of guessing who is right.

Did they change the initial deed? Because before it was stated that it was original host that tricked ml. If thats the case, im not suprised hes a bit cold to her because she basically trapped him.

Would you be happy, if you where schemed against and obligated to marry now?

Also she did suffer hard ship with her parents but normally that brings a family closer. Original host just kinda ditches her parents and kids.

Same thing givin the same choices. Ml would not leave and abandoned his son or fl's family because he's very responsible.

Everyone has different perspective on strength. Im not saying u are wrong because there is no wrong or right answers, but to me. Strength is working hard to do the right things and to be stong enough to take responsibility for your own actions.

We have all done something wrong. Me included. But its so easy to go and make yourself happy vs put someone else's happiness before yours.

Even if she made that agreement because ml. She could have still given love to her son and have dinners with her parents. She put her own self interested first and make the ppl who loved her sad.

Idk about other fl. Havent read shoujo mangas in a long time because they seem weak. I usally read American female lead horror novels and vampire novels so i do like strong female characters.

Lately ive been reading bl.

Idk. I like goals. Its kinda nice to see how the mc goes about accomplishing the goals. I didnt like this novel much because mc only had one goal and that was to save ml. Then after that her other goal was baking and learning english but it wasnt really started how english and baking was gonna help her later. It was kinda just a toss out there sentence. I wish it went more in-depth.

Like did she want to be a company translater, a secretary, an english teacher, or a tutor?

What is her goals and why? She just kinda is lead around. Which ok i guess.

Also you talk about "well shes special because she could of had boy toys or whatever." That argument can also be used for this. "Why persue ml? why not persue someone who love you?"

Idk. If we are talking strength. if she didnt want the kid, she could of had an abortion. Also if she was really strong she could have tried to survive on her own without ml. She could of just done the same as ml and focused on work.

Just my opinion. This is a common situation, but i find these women strong minded. A girl who is pregnant because of her mistakes, but she takes care of the baby on her own . because shes a responsible adult.

To me that takes strength because its a difficult life to lead.

4. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link

Well, it’s not that the original fl wanted a family but more of her personality that can work with what is given. She will never push the envelope. She will not break that which can hurt the situation. So a very realist without a single romantic bone in her body, just want to live well. This is why I mentioned Jane Austen’s novel, this character is exactly like the best friend.

If the ml was better, this could be a different story of how the smart ceo melts and shows the fl what love is....this could be more interesting.

Strength in this case is more getting what you want with the little strength you have. Really, she only had the beauty and nothing else except the strength of character to only go so far. Not really explaining this too well.
    Also, is it strength to give your child everything in a loveless marriage or running away to handle everything even though you would be poor. Depends on how you look at it.

From what you stated on learning English and baking, I think I can explain why I put this to a 3. The only straight goal story wise was from the original fl. The new fl and ml really meanders without a true set goal. The ml thinking about giving a good life to family is more what should be and not an actual goal for a story to progress since he is already rich. It just seems the story ended after the marriage and kid. The transmigration was just a after story which was dragged onward.

Another way this could have been better is to start from the original fl and how she lives her life to meeting the ml. That could have been much better than this half story. Give more breath of air to the characters.

I tend to read everything except horror. I do not categorize vampires, undead, gothic, steampunk as horror. World war z - an amazing book, the movie sucked.

5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Same! I also really liked this ML (better than all those ice cube MLs who might as well be from the same factory). He's a fairly gentle, mature man who's also pragmatic.

List of my personal pros and cons for this novel:

Pros:
    -A mature ML who is actually willing to communicate. This is rarer than a unicorn. *ignores own profile pic*
    -An MC who's not chasing after romance and perfectly fine with just living a good life. IMO, this is a legit lifestyle choice even if it's not everyone's cup of tea
    -A cute kid! Who also matures like his parents!
    -Believable romance that's not about instant attraction and more about dating and finding out slowly what they like about each other
    -no unnecessary drama

Cons:
    -did we really need that extra detail about how the son grows up to be a villain in the original story? I pretty much forgot all about it while reading, it's so inconsequential in the long run
    -there's no real plot, it's more like an isekai tbh, one in which MC learns to be a good mother and she eventually falls in mutual love with ML
    -random rebirth/transmigrator 2nd husband (of MC's current body) -- this guy made me go WTF. I understand how having him as a rival helped spur on the romance and I did like how ML deals with him (calmly and without yandere), but really? Couldn't he have been a regular rival like Duan whats-his-name?

I have a feeling this novel's supposed to have a sequel (featuring their son), but I'm too lazy to check lol.

6. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    I use to read all those old books too. I read many kinds of books, but i read those types when i was very young so i forgot most of it. Besides jane eyre.

Well now that she's married with money. What strength is she using, that is her own?

You keep saying ml should show more love and things will be better?

Would that change fl? Would she then love her son? Would she then love her parents?

You say that ml should do more/love more, but then you except fl from all this. Is that fair? Especially when she started this? Like i said. She should have found a man for love instead of money.

Idk about abandoning your parents and son for your own happiness is equal to strength. I wish you enpand more on it.

Honestly. If what you said was true about both having misunderstood what happened and both really wanted a family, then i wish they could have talked it out.

I think this story would have been better if she had a rebirth and realized that ppl loved her and needed her. I would have loved to see her grow to accept her father because he loved her so much. And her son to grow up with his real mom's love.

I want to see fl unravel the misunderstanding that they both want a loving and happy life.

I think it would have more impact since shes the real mom/daughter/wife. Instead of dropping everything, i would love to see her work for all the ppl who would have worked hard for her. (Son/parents) hubby/wife story can happen slowly later.

I think this ending would be satisfying

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is unsatisfactory due to what the author put in so we have even more diverse views than normal. We should discuss a good novel instead and see if our thinking is as off as it is here.

The transmigration was not really needed.
    The reborn guy was not needed.
    The plot was tooooooo plain, missing.
    So to me, the original fl was the only portion that kinda brought me in. Nothing else in the story brought any good feelings. It was just noise to how the original fl acted. That is why my thinking seems so skewed.

Another novel that I enjoyed better than this, I stopped since I did not like the ml at all. I went to 499 or 599 before I quit.
    Forced Marriage VIP front seat....

The only reason I finished this was it was short. When I read, I know the novel is good when there are occasional laughs from situations or comments. None of that existed here.

There are many that I have finished with mtl. I should go through and update the spoilers for them.

8. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol thanks for the input.

Idk. Maybe im a horrible person. I like to see the mc in villian roles.

I enjoy it when mc is put into ridiculous situations and such.

Lol i wasnt always this sadistic.

I read this because with the title i thought it was gonna focus more on the villian son. I thought it was gonna be about how he became a villian and how she avoided death flags..........

Lol boy was i wrong....:blobpats:

They didnt even mention much about that his villian role. So idk why the author even added it in the title. It was like an idea she kinda abandoned.

Idk if we would have liked the same novel but it doesnt matter. Happy reading is still happy reading lol. Lifes still good. Lol

╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

9. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a spoiler thread or a discussion thread? No offense, but the essay long arguments should be kept at a minimum since this really isnt the place for it. :blobexpressionless:

minabisu, Pochoclo, Mimma358 and 11 others like this.
  10. ainnuriz

ainnuriz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It becomes discussion thread instead of spoiler thread.. lol
    I'll wait for the translated chapters..

11. Asdfg

Asdfg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    brief mtl chapter
    Chapter 30
    Duan: Song [ML] is Fl your wife?
    For the first time in his 35 years of his life Ml's brain shut down. When he did not respond the young man continued to talk.
    Duan saw that ml was unable to say anything and sighed in relief.
    "I know that you two have been married for four years, and have a son together. But I also know you have no feelings towards each other. I wasn't sure before, but now I know. ml since there are no feelings, don't force yourself(?). You can rest assure that that I am not a stingy(or jealous?) person, I will not stop my wife from talking to her ex-husband. If you don't want custody of your son, then I will accept him and treat him as my own son."
    ML looked at the young man in front of him. After being briefly stunned, in a deep voice said ."...ex-husband?"
    The man came into his company, asked(?) for a meeting and wants him to divorce his wife? Even though they weren't divorced yet, inside the heart of the man he was already the ex-husband?

:D I loved how blunt the love rival was with the ml not to mention this was their first time meeting(for the ml) so I had to mlt this chapter.

also there was also a scene where Duan got out of car and presented fl with a bunch of flowers and said something like "Starting today I will officially pursue you, I have already told your husband, so I am in a fair competition. So in the pursuit of you, this is not sneaky"
    Fl: .....

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Bella94, BooBoo, hebebaby and 20 others like this.
  12. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be a bit late to the discussion that took place earlier this month, but I recently MTLed this novel, and I agree that the original FL was a scummy person to name a few reasons as for why that is:
    1) The title of this novel is "The VIllain's Mother" & that's because the original FL abandoned her kid (future Villain) when he was 4 following the death of her husband, since she was worried that he'd hold her back on getting with her next "cash machine" (her 2nd Husband).
    2) The original FL would send her kid off to stay with her parents the moment that the ML went off on a business trip since she couldn't be bothered with caring for her kid, she'd much rather shop & be social instead.
    3) The original FL didn't even need to abandon her kid since it was mentioned in the story that even though her husband's company went bankrupt, she still owned two houses, so she could've lived with her child in one & rented out the other, and it would've been more than enough for the two of them to live off of comfortably.
    4) Her 2nd Husband genuinely fell in love with the original FL, but even after decades of marriage she never loved him in return, up until the end she was with him for the money.

Also a minor correction to a previous spoiler, the ML actually wanted to try and have a happy married life with the original FL after seeing her suffer through childbirth, but she still treated him like a stranger and ignored the baby. (Basically was only interested in the comfortable lifestyle that his money would provide for her.)

I feel like "realistic" is actually the perfect word to use to describe the current FL, and the best example of that is the last chapter in the novel. Obviously, at this point the ML and FL are happily married so the topic of a 2nd child is brought up, and the ML said that yes he would like a 2nd child but he'd follow her lead. Typically in novels like this, they end up having one more but instead, the FL declines and in her thoughts, she mentions something along the lines of not being able to guarantee that she wouldn't become biased in favor of the 2nd child. This would've been a child that she'd experience the pregnancy for, feel developing, and bring into the world herself (remember that she transmigrated into a novel), so she didn't want to take the risk of ruining her relationship with her current son. (Realistic is right on the dot, it doesn't get more rational than that lol.)

13. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it really has turned into a discussion thread instead of a spoiler one here are a couple more spoilers:
    The FL has 2 different men attempt to woo her.
    1) Duan- a young rich guy that was among the original FL's circle of "friends" (the current FL distanced herself from all of them after transmigrating) as mentioned above, he basically sets up a meeting with the ML where he tells him that he plans on fighting for the FL and even states that he's willing to take in their son lol. After the meeting, he goes to the FL with this dramatic bouquet of flowers and tells her something along the lines of I've informed the ML & now I'm going to pursue you fair and square. Both the ML & FL are wondering if there's something wrong with this guys brain lol! xD
    The ML gets him to back off by sending a warning to the Duan family (ML is considered a force to be reckoned with in the business circle), his grandfather beats him and he gives his word to have nothing to do with the FL anymore.

2) Her 2nd Husband Qin- This one is weird... Apparently, the 2nd Husband is a character that's been reborn, so he has all of his memories from his first life with the original FL, and he wants to be reunited with his wife. The current FL is a completely different path because her husband (ML) is still alive, this basically means that there's no chance between her and the 2nd husband. But that doesn't stop him, This guy ends up setting up an entire company & hiring employees right near where the FL lives so that she comes and works for him. After getting the job there, the FL while unaware that it's related to him notices some odd things about her new job, that everyone is treating her like a superior even though she's an ordinary worker, and that her salary was exponentially higher than what's normal. She catches on to the fact that the 2nd Husband has his memories of their first life after going on a company retreat with the rest of the staff & meeting him, she even thinks to herself that she would've probably fallen for him if she didn't already have the ML. (That trip brings her & the ML closer since she calls him up & pretends to be in love with him to deter the 2nd ML)
    *Skipping what happened during the trip*
    The 2nd ML can't accept that the FL has fallen in love with her husband, because even after an entire lifetime together and giving her everything the FL never loved him. So he decides to attack the ML's Achilles heel, given his prior knowledge, he knows that these two lived together as if they were strangers and never slept with each other (meaning their feelings were new/fragile) he kidnapped the ML's son. Rationalizing that without him the relationship of the leads would crumble, he was planning on throwing him into a river & given his age it would be chalked up to an accident. (I know that this sounds bad, but the entire kidnapping arc lasted a grand total of 1 chapter, so you don't even get invested) The 2nd Husband basically stopped because the kid called him uncle so he couldn't go through with it & become a "bad guy". So he gives the ML the address on where the pick his son up. The ML punches him once, then Qin drops the bombshell about the fact that he & the FL were married after he died. The ML pauses a bit, but ends up grabbing his son & leaving instead of confronting Qin further. There was no mention of this guy or the consequences of his kidnapping after this chapter, also the ML never does confront the FL regarding his suspicions.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  14. DemiUchiha

DemiUchiha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the link to the raws?

15. Atlas01

Atlas01 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know what really happened in the past. How was the engagement broken. Gotta MTL for a bit.

16. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean in the original story? There was no broken engagement. They married each other for their own convenience (ML taking responsibility while taking care of his son and orig!host wanting a lavish life). ML and the orig!host was pretty much fine with how their relationship was (they both didn't want to bother each other's lives). Later, ML ended up dying from an accident which caused orig!host to ditch her son and marrying another rich man who was pursuing her (2nd ML) because she wanted to live a wealthy life without caring about others except herself.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  17. ziasen

ziasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.txt101.com/id/5033/

one cute moment
    FL: Husband, I am going to resign my job, I don't like to go to the company.
    ML: Ok, If it makes you happy, you don't have to go
    FL's son (villain): Mom, if your not happy you don't have to go, you can stay at home.
    ML:...
    FL: baby, *kiss kiss* you always care for mommy.
    Villain baby: * an innocent laugh*

after a min

Villain baby: I too don't like school, I am going to resign too.
    ML & Fl: DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT
    Villian baby: *pout and sulking in corner* damn.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Rie_Kiko, Njtrisha, Bella94 and 33 others like this.
  18. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Original story:

FL married and has a boy.
    She stays true to her husband without having any relations with the husband nor the child.

Husband dies in a car accident and due to problems in the company, she is no longer rich. She does have two houses and enough assets to live ok.

FL married another rich guy. He falls in love with her and I think they have more of a relationship. To prevent her child from causing problems with her new marriage, she sends her child to her friend who cannot have children. The child is in a good rich home but due to being “abandoned” he goes after his mother’s new husband’s company. The FL does not have another child with the new husband. She does not want to.
    The title of the story.

New transmigration story:

New FL starts the story change when she migrated before the event of the death of the ML.
    She wants to be closer to the child and her husband. Still, you will note that her personality is similar to the original. If nothing changes, she would be fine as well.

FL, ML, and child gets closer together throughout the story.
    There really is no villain except for the future husband. Even he stops when he notices that the current FL is happy with her situation.

Two ice blocks trying to find happiness. They don’t really melt either even to the end. They become mere slush instead. A very rational family. The only one with emotion is the child. Kinda feel sorry for him.
    - yes overstating a bit but that’s the feeling I get reading this.

19. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a happier version of this story.

Transmigration: Raising the Child of the Male Lead Boss

Similar start but different outlooks from the characters. If you want something similar but with a truest HE.

20. Ivivivi

Ivivivi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how could future husband still in love with her when he knows MC doesn't love him