Discussion How to run away?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Sep 19, 2019.

?

Is running away to another country an option? (You know the language)

1. Yup

44.0%
  2. Nope

20.2%
  3. Well, it is if you live in a backwater country

33.3%
  4. Another country? Whut's that? Can I eat it?

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha so the almost eighteen year old transplanted Somalian boy..full of angst 'they don't respect me' wahhh..ready to slip away on family vacay to avoid becoming a countryside farmer in Somalia is fictional character! Lololol you sucked me in..I was worried about him and his family!:eek::p:eek::p

Bad Storm likes this.
  2. ziasen

ziasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being isolated from the word is the dream of everyone.
    Make a plan.;)
    Have the courage to take a step(y).
    Don't regret:cautious:

Wish to eat all foodie there:love::love::love:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the tip. :cookie: By the way, do you need fresh sex slaves at your place? :blobthinkingsmirk: I'm asking for a friend. :blobpeek:

CountryMage, Bad Storm and Ai chan like this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    That kind of depends. For now we don't need fresh sex slaves. Ai-chan is currently busy with one little girl who is doing her best to seduce Ai-chan into leaving Ai-chan's dude and dudette and we'll be celebrating her birthday next month. Ai-chan's dude is currently busy in Taiwan. Ai-chan's dude doesn't want to find more sex slaves because he's afraid of the karma from having too many good things.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  5. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a need to keep adding details because of different question... The story got fleshed out unexpectedly :blobpats:

Emmyy likes this.
  6. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno but....can i join u?

Bad Storm likes this.
  7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a weird application of the quote: "misery loves company"?

Fulminata likes this.
  8. Lunamelt

Lunamelt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the biggest things to worry about nowadays is that there are [not alwways good] people waiting for someone in your situation. They may take advantage of the fact that you may not be financially stable. If I can suggest anything it would be to talk to trusted adults [social worker, counselor, teacher, or clergy] about your situation even if they are not your immediate family. Also to really work hard to have money to support yourself for a few months. You don't want to make negative choices out of desperation. As far as items you will need I would include identity [birth certificate] and work documents [social security card in the US] since you will be totally responsible for yourself and those items are often difficult to obtain if you don't do it in person. If you leave the country they might be almost impossible or very slow to receive If you need them to get a job.

Havisu, Bad Storm and ICe like this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The basics? Money. Money, money and more money.
    Have savings enough to move somewhere that isn't dangerous (dangerous places tend to be cheaper you see), have enough money for food and bills, and enough to continue paying for these necessities while looking for a job. Because if you stay with the same job that you have before running away you will be easily found.
    So the prep should be getting a job now, saving up whatever you earn until you have enough to pay for your bills for 3 months at the very least. 6 months is good, 1 year's worth of money is ideal. Finding jobs can be difficult.

Next, you'll need a suitcase or two. Don't buy them too early or people will get tipped off on what you are planning. Or buy them with the excuse that you want to go on a trip after your birthday. It could also be an excuse about why you are saving up money. You could always just put your stuff in some garbage bags if desperate, but suitcases have wheels and so carrying things is just much easier. Decide on which clothes and things to take with you and which to leave behind, donate or sell.

Next, decide where you will move to and try to find a good apartment there. Finding a good place to live can take time. Don't forget that they will ask you to pay two months worth of rent for the first month (downpayment). I don't know if that is common in other parts of the world, but as far as I know, it's basic for any apartment here.

10. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    3 years prior before i'm done with high school, i almost run away from home, but i didn't do it because i know i won't survive on my own, the way i am.

So i kept making preparation.
    Simple, just further study where my existence would be hard to detect. Not really running away isn't? Well at least i was able to got out of the life that i would rather die than living for.

There's perks to this than simply running away from home:

1. You get to further study, which would lead to your career for your future.
    2. You are able to learn about society safely
    3. You won't be completely alone. You can still stay in contact with your family, or just excommunicate them. Find friends or whatnot. Your path, your choice.

In my case, i had a help from an online friend that i met in Facebook. Even though he's a stranger i was able to get minimum requirements information i needed, that's where i prepared all the documents to enter a private, big university in my country. From there, I only do something in my high school years purely to make me able to enter the said university much more easily, and put a target for how much A's i needed just enough to enter said university with the courses that i chose. Of course, i purposely didn't score more A's than i needed to, in order not to enter university set by my parent. Private university required much much money than government-based university or college, so I don't really need to be straight A's student even though people had that expectation on me, fck im not gonna be living my life to fulfill their expectations lol.

3 years later, I got all the preparation done. Secretly hidden away all other universities invitation that came by postage from my family, while i'm already accepted as student at the university i chose, without my family knowing. Copying my parent's signature was an easy task.
    Registration fees already paid from my 3 years of saving.
    Money? Well a scholarship student got good amount of allowance, so i was able to get by for 3 years easily. See, preparation done right.

Well my communication mastery was at negative level too at the times when i entered university. As i rented house together with students from my university, i had to somehow increase my communication skills. At first i thought it wasn't necessary, but after all, each of my housemate got into big fight with each other, in which while some of them even had to sleep on the street (luckily im able to avoid this situation), i started trying to be proactive in talking to others. This also helps you to avoid being scammed by your own oh-so-best-friend-forever

To me, the most important thing when "running away" are

1. Source of money
    2. Capital money
    3. Social skills

If you fulfill these 3 things, friends would naturally come and ask you to stay with them, because they would think you're good person (since your social skills is good enough), you can carry yourself and carry them if they ever needed your help (even with money), there, now you got a place to stay.

Shit i make a freaking essay lol

ICe, CountryMage and Bad Storm like this.
  11. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree. It was an interesting story tho :blobtaco:

Havisu likes this.
  12. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol thanks i guess?

But all in all, IMHO, the most important thing are not the money itself, but where the money come from. SOURCES.

As for me, in my diploma years my source of money is scholarship. Now, my source of money is new scholarship and sponsorship from companies that invested in me. I often consider doing part time job in order to get some experience, but then again its not like im completely inexperienced or lack any money.

Having a lot of resources will ease your life, so much that you could upgrade your life to decent one, without relying on your family.

But well again, i got a feeling that you're writing novel or something and searching for inspiration. Good luck on that

13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I created an imaginary character. Before I know it, his background story became complex... But thanks xD

Havisu likes this.
  14. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're not really into living then go to Iraq or Jordan. Then travel into Kurdish enclave. A lot of guys died in Syria purposely like that with at least one i know openly admitting he's there after sold everything he has and taken debt just to reach there.

15. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering there's lot of suggestions, advices, and even life stories here, i guess your stories would be complex, otherwise it would be boring .
    Please do share link here if you're writing some sort of stories.