Scariest thing that has happened to you

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by heavenlytribulation, Sep 22, 2019.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Finding out I'm the only one left in the base when the enemy forces advancing into the town. I was lucky enough to escape encirclement and safely getting out of checkpoints along with refugees. The chilling silence of the town accompanied with sound from artillery bombardment still far away is scary.

Oh and finding out you're working in the ship that work for shady groups that went off to an undisclosed location.

2. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    don't tell me!!! it was the legendary flying cockroach...?:blobfearful:

Rivenn likes this.
  3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I was walking toward the library and I was crossing the street and there is a blind spot when crossing because the cars that are incoming towards you can suddenly turn and he didn't see me and I could not see him as he is in my blind spot and all the hairs on my neck stood on end as if screaming get back and right at that exact moment I took half a step back the mirror on that ford F150 just barley tipped my nose enough for me to feel it, but not hurt me. If I had taken a step forward I would be writing this from heaven as he was going at least 40mph.

4. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Dragon Devourer

Dragon Devourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it would be the time I got mugged at gunpoint? I don't know because I had an initial shock but then right after that I went back to normal mentally, I think some part of my brain is uhhh, y'know not exactly wired up right. I should have been scared but instead of that I was mostly worried I would be late for work.

6. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    - When I was a child, I had see a few black shadows moving around on the wall when I was about to sleepover in my grandma & grandpa's room.
    - When I was about to be given Intravenous injection, damn that hurts so much
    - When my Hard Drive got formatted incidentally, feels like my soul is ascending
    - Standing on the top of a high building while looking down and sticking on the wall, damn that seriously makes my hand got sweaty

7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    So far within what I can recall of my life, it would probably be that time I spun out in my car on the highway into the ditch. First time in my life I experienced being "shell shocked".

8. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Few year ago I was driving a car on highway and the road was empty that time (middle of night if I remember). Suddenly I got an idea ,can I go faster than 200 KM/h ?
    Well I remember that time... The Roaring of engine when I floor gas pedal, rushing wind and of course my drumming heart.
    Next thing I know, I was the upside down and everything is hurting. I don't know what happen but I was awake in hospital 4 day later with dozen broken bone, cracked ribs and burn wound.
    Good thing my left arm still ok, if not that room will become my personal hell.

9. TheLastBaconOnEarth

TheLastBaconOnEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was five when I rolled down the stairs, face plant with my mouth taking all the brunt, I was spitting out blood and thought all my teeth have fallen off, turns out it was just psychological and nerves' reaction. It happened in front of my relatives and my rude cousins, so I got physical and emotional damage that day.:blob_coughblood:

When Mom and my 14 years old self visited Dad's workplace within an old building constructed since the 70's, we were waiting for our lunch to be delivered inside his office. I was frolicking near the wall, Mom was sitting near the work desk, and Dad was about to open the door. Then, Mom suddenly asked us who was the child standing behind me... we simultaneously looked at where she pointed at and saw no one there. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, we thought she was just pranking but she was dead serious. Later on we asked the guards and they said someone died there while the bulding was being built back in 70's.

I also got an almost close call experienced in highschool but it was nothing grand. It was school's out for me and Mom arrived in a time for our shopping plans. I suggested a certain mall then argued when she felt it was too far and unnecessary, I reluctantly let her decide. Glad I listened to her because there was the headlined TV news that night about the mall I wanted to go to; on its main ground lobby came an explosion caused by a gas leak and the blast killed eleven people while injuring a hundred. If I insist to go there we would've been included in the tragedy, thank God I listened to Mom.:sweating_profusely:

Another really close call... My family and I were on our car for the way home, there was an only highway we have to take and that freaking road was decked with it own train tracks in the middle, no one can escape it, leaving zero chance for motorists to avoid crossing that stupid train tracks. So there we were, took that road and crossed the train tracks but when we reached the second track, we got stuck halfway as our two front wheel went exactly between the steel rails. I thought things would stay fine and the possibility of an incoming train towards us was just an imaginative effect from watching too much movies, but one of us saw a bright light coming from afar... then we heard the loud horn. I swear I felt my heart stopped at that moment as I realized an actual train was coming towards us. Unfortunately, I was seated between two people and can only panic inside as I don't want to add pressure to the one driving our car. We barely managed to backed away for safety before the train ran to where we were a miniscule second ago. I still see that freaking road 'til this day and always reminded me of the scariest ten seconds of my life.:blobtired:

10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably seeing this thread!

11. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link