Discussion Strange Experience or Just A Nightmare

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ram5, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I was sleeping at that time, noon time, it was not going so well as I woke up several times, inside each of these sleeps I have experienced dreams, until in the end, I got caught in one hell strange state: it's like in those horror movies, whenever I woke up, I discovered that I woke up in a dream, the place is my room, and I on my bed , what's more, my body was paralyzing, in order to wake up, I must drag my body to the edge of my bed, and fall from the top, but I just enter another dream, then, there is this moment, where I shout and pray, a hand or something appeared on my body, I grabbed and squeezed it as that thing start to wiggling, I pull it, and kept pulling, it was in a shape of a pillow, and has the same size, I was unable to confirm what it is as my eyes was close for the entire time.

Tldr: I somehow manage to wake up, but I felt worse than before sleeping.

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I've experienced something like this before. I think you're just too tired.

Femme Fatale and Kuro_0ni like this.
  3. TwlLlghT

TwlLlghT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it those one of those situations where your brain is active while your body is still in sleep state.

4. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to suggest, that this could be a form of Sleep paralysis.

But now I think this has to do with your mental state. You might be super stressed out lately. You may need to relax or meditate or something. Maybe get a massage or do something which soothes the nerves.

5. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look up sleep paralysis bro. As well as astral projection. Had multiple sh*t like this happened to me but only on certain places, could be due to stress? But for the others who believe and experienced it first hand could be something else. Ive never had that sh*t happen to me now for a long time *touch wood* only happened in certain rooms in a WW2 army camp in germany when i was posted out there.

If you get sleep paralysis you need to learn and deduce you are sleep paralyzed. My trick is to just keep your eyes shut, DO NOT OPEN them and look around thats when weird sh#t starts grabbing your leg and pulling you or something pinning you down. Also known as the hag or a shadow person.

For me i met a friend who was living in my old bed room and i asked him if anything weird happened to him? He replied i wake up in the middle of the night and kept either getting pinned down or see someone a shadow standing at the end of my bed.

But like i said you gotta experience the unexplainable to decide if its supernatural or not.

6. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s when you realize you’re dreaming, so you tried to wake yourself up.

7. Athanes

Athanes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One sentence horror story: "I never go to sleep, but I keep waking up."

orematcha and Passerby like this.
  8. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    I had somewhat of a similar experience before.

There was a construction ongoing near my house and in the afternoon, a truck came and dumped huge amounts of sand there. That night, i dreamt that i accidentally fell at the place where the sand was going to dumped and then it was all over me. I felt myself being under a mountain of sand and felt so suffocated that i woke up and i was sweating and gasping for air. It was a pretty bizarre experience and honestly a little too real for my comfort:sweating_profusely:

9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a dream if you are able to remember it after your awake.

Dream is like a screensaver, that runs in Ur RAM, it gets cleared when you wake up.

Sooo the fact that you can remember the dream so clearly, and know how it went step by step. It might be an astral projection of your body experiencing an intrusion by a foreign body..⚠

PS- BS, joke, XD it's just your brain muscles are on lot of strain, so its firing of signals all over the place. Just relax.

10. Ryuukage

Ryuukage [Professional Lurker][Loli Head Patter][Lazy Fox]

Reading List:
    Link
    Like, wut?

11. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this one time something chasing me around in my dream then I somehow fell into a cliff. After that, I suddenly sprung up from sleep and soon realized I am surrounded by numerous decomposing moving corpses (presumably ghouls) and ate me.
    Weird dream

12. Oweng

Oweng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was younger I used to have nightmares often. I may have forgotten some of them because it’s been more than 10 years but there are some I still think about till today.

One time, I dreamt of myself sleeping inside the new house we just moved to. Something approached me at a very fast pace (I’m sleeping in my dream, and I am aware I am dreaming) So I tried to wake myself up from the dream. It was so hard. It felt like my consciousness was being pulled down and was stopping me from waking up and opening my eyes.

the night before we left the house to move to the house I talked about above, I had another nightmare. In the dream, I was standing on a spotlight and there’s pitch black surrounding me. Something was beckoning me to move towards one direction and on the other side is my family, beyond the door which is outside of the house. I ran to my family because they were stretching their arms towards me and at this point the little me is beyond terrified. A hand came out of nowhere to grab my ankles and pull on my leg. I look back and see blurry faces - they were pleading for me to stay. I woke up.

A year ago I had a dream. In my dream I had my eyes closed and was seeing from my own point of view. You know when you close your eyes to sleep? That kind of thing. Suddenly, I was attacked with this strong force of ill intent. I forced myself to wake up and commanded my eyes to open because it was scaring me. I heard/felt laughter and it was so close to my right side like it was peering down on me. At this point I still had my eyes closed and all I saw was darkness, but the sense that someone was with me, in my own bedroom was overwhelming. I believe in God so I called out to Jesus in my head and kept doing that until everything was fine. I woke up the next morning feeling very odd.

Ps For dream 1 and 3, I remember I wasn’t able to move my body at all. Only my mind was active and awake.

Tbh I considered dreaming of nightmares a spontaneous event so I have never considered an external explanation for it, until I saw this post.

13. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least that's better than my nightmare that I've got about 3 times thus far.

Basically went to my friend's apartment at 9th or 15th floor, and earthquake occurs. The building didn't crash but wobbles around almost hitting other buildings. Worst of all, I don't wake up, and have hang on to a nearby pillar or large drainage pipe, until I wake up in the morning.

It was so frightening that I stopped dreaming. I now dream less than 10 times a year.

P.S. imagine going on a roller coaster that has no seats or safety harness.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  14. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    sleep in the morning?

15. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dreams are weird. I had ones where people I encountered and myself lived out a movie scenario like lawyers, gangsters and shit.

One that I will never understand was where I fell off a rocky cliff while hitting it all the way until rolling onto a road but the momentum would throw me from the road off an identical rocky cliff that I kept hitting until waking up in the morning whereupon my body felt like 20 people took turns punching me all over despite the fact my bed is really nice and comfy.

16. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    Stressed out lately happened to me long time ago I dreamt of being executed in front of a crowd of people or when I was burnt alive or when I drowned in water
    Or get betrayed by someone close to me and killed I don't remember who honestly as that's a dream but that's one of the reasons I don't trust anyone

17. Athanes

Reading List:
    Link
    It's meant to mean this. You go about your day, be it normal day or an absurd one and suddenly you wake up. It doesn't matter if it's on your bed or elsewhere. So you realize that you going about your day was just a dream. So you go about your day again and then.....you wake up again. And then again and again and again and again and again and again, etc.... If you keep waking up without going to sleep, how do you know whether what you are experiencing right now is reality?

novaes likes this.
  18. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's a scary thought, but I do pinch my neck.

19. Ryuukage

Ryuukage [Professional Lurker][Loli Head Patter][Lazy Fox]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see...
    Like in the novels where one is messing up with you, reversing time until you do what that person wants.

20. Athanes

Reading List:
    Link
    Not so sure if pinching your neck would help in that scenario.
    No reversing time happening here, I think. You just keep waking up, without ever actually going to sleep. Kinda like inception, where they weren't sure if they were still incepted or not.