Discussion Point of no return for Villians?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by theilikepie, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What crimes in your eyes is so unforgivable that theres no coming back and redemption from. One that would make you wanna ask the author "why tf would you redeem them"

In my opinion its rape. I can forgive murder. Murder is killing a body but rape is like killing your soul and mental state

Dr_H_16, Lovina, Kana_SST and 4 others like this.
  2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Theyre both the same.

Mass genocide for me.

3. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Point of no return for Villains for me is when someone goes too far, causes widespread unrecoverable damage and isn't compromising. Basically destroys the balance of the world and possibly the world itself. To be sick enough to think that existence is suffering and causes more suffering ironically.

Dr_H_16, Lovina, Toralk and 1 other person like this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering how in many “romance” novels rape between the two leads is common, it doesn’t exactly make sense to condemn the villain, unless you condemn the rapist lead as well.

For me, I think it would be genocide? And rape, because rape as romance turns me off too.

5. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loli abuse. Those that abuse lolis need to have their genitals smashed into paste! :blobcat_knife:

PROTECT THE LOLIS!!! :blobsalute:

Dr_H_16, Lovina, mir and 3 others like this.
  6. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    for me i hate rape and murder as i don't think killing is the answer call me wimp but you can actually get rid of people by destroying their social life then they will commit suicide so you didn't get your hands dirty

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Borrowing your in-game item that you had spent great efforts to obtain and then selling it without telling you.

8. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Serial Pedophilia....especially if it involves a vulnerable family member. That shit takes me beyond flipping tables I tell you.

Dr_H_16, Lovina, Moy and 5 others like this.
  9. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Author writing an evil villain. Why always blame the villain when the author wrote them. I say i stake the person who writes them.

Lovina, Toralk and kennykdogg like this.
  10. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe in everyone, even Villains, should have a moral standard, so any Villains that disregard his own moral value and those who didn't have any are on the point of no return

Dr_H_16, Lovina, Snowbun and 3 others like this.
  11. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than the scale for me what’s important is how the villain thinks about what he has done. Like does he kill someone just because it’s his job or is it to reach a certain goal. Or maybe he does something bad to achieve something good, Edelgard from the new FE three houses would fit in that category. Or how does he think about his victims does he see them as humans or just as pawns or even as less than human.

Lovina, mir and zephyroths like this.
  12. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    in order; Child abuse(of ANY kind), rape, mass killing.

I will not tolerate the existence of someone who thinks it's ok to take away the innocence of children.
    and any who think raping someone or killing lots of people is "redeemable" is basically in the same category as that person in my eyes.

and my morally gray self speaking I am more concerned with people being ok with rape then with killing

killing can happen for a multitude of reasons but rape only ever happens because the rapist is a piece of garbage unfit to be called human

Dr_H_16, Lovina, mir and 2 others like this.
  13. ACTS1966

ACTS1966 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh the worst for me would be the villain just having no purpose y'know.
    Like committing crimes just for the fun of it, y'know like if the villain was doing it for revenge or something, then it'd be justified.
    But I hate those pricks that just do shit for no reason.

Lovina, zephyroths and Alexios Blake like this.
  14. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I dont get the obsession for rape as love. Especially in CN novles
    Your right. I should go burn George Martin. Who knows what lies in that depraved mind of his for writing so many ruthless villains

Lovina and Traveling Chef like this.
  15. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link

I'm pretty sure it makes sense to not read a novel with a rapist male lead. I really don't understand what goes into the heads of the people who write and read these tropes....

Anra7777 likes this.
  16. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    The importance that people give to whether the act is consensual or not to compare it to other crimes nowadays is kinda baffling, I mean don't get me wrong rape it's a crime that should be heavily punished according to the situation (repeated offenders castrated, etc) but to compare it with death? Like seriously, you can forgive murder? So if someone kills your parents or whoever is important to you, you think you may be able to forgive him but if he rapes you then it's the end of the world? I don't think you've ever seen someone die, if someone rapes you it will be a traumatic experience for sure, I mean once I was molested in a train and it was fcking horrible and it may had some repercussions in who I am today but it wasn't the end of the world, mmmm maybe I went a bit off topic here and I took it way too seriously but it pisses me off the comparison, like wth?

Dr_H_16, Lovina, Karyehs and 2 others like this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, are we talking about the villain or the hero here? Cause remember how rapey those CN protagonists can be... oh sorry, "its for her own good" /s

As for me personally, it gets complicated. For example, take murder. I can tolerate a villain doing murder, I do not like to tolerate senseless murder. If you kill anyone in your way, sure go ahead. If you go, hey look there is a village, lets go burn it down for the lols. (I'm fine if you want to pillage the village, not fine if your doing it just cause your in the mood)

mir and Traveling Chef like this.
  18. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well sometines you dont know. Sometimes your reading a cute fluffy manga/novel when all a sudden the dude does a 180 and is like "I'll mark you so everyone knows your mine" MC ancidentally talked to the school playboy or something and wow. Its went from adorable fluff to bodice ripping harquelin. And then you've invested all this time onto the novel and you dont wanna waste it so you gotta get to the end. So you power through

Or the Male Mc saves the female from a bunch of rapist goons and then proceed to rape her cuase "muh cultivaton" but its okay if the MC is doing it. Cuase he the hero and you wonder wtf is this what the gender dispiarity due to the one child policy in china has done to the mind of authors

Dr_H_16, mir and Anra7777 like this.
  19. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the most unforgettable thing about them is their existence if their only purpose is to be a stepping stone on the protagonist journey.

20. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    you would be surprised at what is different for one person from the next. I have had MANY family members in a short span of time die. from the ages of 7 to 12 I had no less than 14 family members die, at least one of them drew their last breaths in my childhood home.

I have a cloudy memory that I never even understood until later in my life, when I was sub 5 years old(I'm not sure when) I vaguely recall a member of my extended family coming into my room and doing "something" to me I don't know why they were straddling such a young unicorn and I can't recall enough detail to know what happened. all I know is that group of my extended family has never been around since then.

the difference for me is; death is an end. there is no more pain for that person after they are dead
    Rape never ends. you scar a person internally forever. if they can recall all the details of the rape they never forget it. some people never move on with their lives afterward. they are kept in constant pain for the rest of the living waking lives.

I don't believe in suffering, if someone kills my family member or friends for any reason other than self-defense, I would put them down, simple as that.
    If someone rapes a family member or friend, I'm not going to castrate them, because I don't believe in suffering, I would put them down, simple as that.

"people" who fall to their baser desires and go around killing or raping people "because" are no more to me than animals who need to be put down.

edit: I don't read CN stuff so I wouldn't know but if I came across a "Male Lead" who was like "well the only thing to fix this situation is to force them to have more sex against their will" I'm dropping that novel harder than a sack of bricks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    mir, CyberCypher and theilikepie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.