Spoiler BL Poisonous Peasant ‘Concubine’

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shivani, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary:
    Ling JingXuan, a secret international doctor and killer. Can save people with one hand and kill with the other. Right or wrong, both paths without exception would cause people to be terror stricken. One morning he crossed over, with only four bare walls for a home and was also given two free stir fried little buns. Ling Jingxuan can’t help but be speechless.This life, can this pit be any bigger?

Yan Chengrui, Qing dynasty’s only prince with a title of General. On his first mishap on a mission, a good man forcibly became a slave wife. There was no one who was not disappointed from the imperial family. But, don’t know when slave wife learned it but poison concubine’s poison was incomparable, who dares to try to straighten him out?

“What? 30 Wen? You’re robbing from people, so expensive!”

One day of the month of a certain year, Ling Jingxuan takes the two little buns to the market to buy living necessities.These five year old little buns after hearing the price have to hold back their red faces. Fried little hands rigidly held onto the broken wallet, Ling Jingxuan suddenly wanted to cry but had no tears. Sons, we earned money but not spending it, don’t tell me its left for the foals?

At the end, it was obvious they carried two liang of silver. Stuff that was sold at the last minute were the cheapest. Seeing the smile of satisfaction from the little fried buns, Ling Jingxuan secretly vowed. One day he would develop them into super meat buns,a rich 2nd generation family!

Spoilers please:blobmelt:

2. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    pls add the link or even the chinese title

3. Shivani

Reading List:
    Link
    couchpotato1929 and Shizun like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The summary feel mtl-ish :hmm:

5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a flood of MTL novels with varying degrees of editing done. They have their merits (speed and introducing more novels), but sometimes I mourn quality translations and feel slightly disappointed. I usually end up just MTLing the novel myself, cause then I'm psychologically prepared to translate MTL English into proper English in my head, while reading it on a blog makes me think I'm reading proper English and then get stumped when I see things like "His powder/y lips" (I wish one day MTLers understand that it's not powder or powdery, it's pink!) or "his head drilled from behind the curtain"... I get the meaning sure, but I immediately realize it's MTL and my expectations of accuracy and consistency immediately falls. That's also usually when you see 'he' and 'she' and sometimes 'I' pronouns interchange about the same person, or a strange negation where it doesn't belong, or lack thereof. Google handles translation really oddly at times, and I'm able to deduce the original meaning when I MTL myself, but when someone else did it, deduced stuff quickly (and most often inaccurately) and then edited it according to their deduction, suddenly I don't trust the sentences I'm reading anymore. And since I've gone back to the raw text before and done some translations (using a dictionary), I've confirmed my fear.

Anyway, this is very off-topic, but since you mentioned that the synopsis sounds MTLish (totally), I went and checked the actual novel translation. It's pretty decent so far, I haven't noticed any of the familiar MTL words that go ignored and incorporated into translations. There's also obviously some good proofreading. It's still a little awkward in some places, but that's to be expected when you want to translate a heavily packed Chinese sentence into a light-weight English one and preserve all the meaning. I'm pretty sure they've had to make 4-5 English sentences out of a single Chinese one more times than they can count. But anyway, if you see the word powder being used for lips, you'll know. At this point, it's turned into a pet peeve lol.

6. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when a novel is supposedly translated but it looks mtl (doesn't make sense).

Question. I see the word lick a lot in mtl. " He licked his head"

What does that mean? I know he doesnt physically like the other person's head.

Creolenerd likes this.
  7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll also see 'licked his lips'. It doesn't always mean lick haha. In your example, it would mean 'rub/caress'. In my example, it could mean 'purse'. You'll see the actual word 'lick' very rarely, since it kinda suggests lewdness, it'll probably be censored. So almost all the MTL 'lick' you see is actually rub or caress, or purse, or similar synonyms.

8. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah and here i thought "licked his lips" meant exactly that. Thanks for the info

Asami likes this.
  9. iskolarako

iskolarako Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any more spoilers for this?pleaseee

10. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, Poisonous Farmer Princess is finally translated. Ling Jingxuan is OP kickass MC and this novel is full with bl couples that I lost count of them. In this novel setting, bl marriage is usual thing. Even the empress is male. Gotta warn that there is mpreg for MC only.

The novel consists of 4 'arcs', each about 200 something chapters:

- Village arc
    This arc consist usual transmigration farming story where MC transmigrates into ancient era and turns over the situation. He has 'spring water' which comes handy for making money (making wine etc). The villain in this arc is the family from ori MC's father side. They are so annoying that every time they show up, I want to slap them. ML is the powerful ninth prince, the youngest brother of the useless current emperor. ML was poisoned years ago and ended up sleeping with oriMC. He thought oriMC was fine but oriMC ended getting pregnant and had twin boys. Thus oriMC was expelled from the village, stressed out and finally passed away. Here came MC.
    ML was hurt by the enemy and MC saved him. He got amnesia but later recovered his memory during his wedding day with MC.

Capital arc
    In this arc, MC, his kids and some member of his family went to the capital. People demeaned MC since he was only a farmer and they ended up slapped in the face by MC. They were involved in palace intrigue. The villains in this arc are several concubines and their families. Each of them was offed by MC. In the end, the useless scum emperor died, his son the seventh prince became the next emperor and the Chu Yunhan, the male empress, became empress dowager.

South area arc
    MC and ML went to south to investigate powerful local families there. They almost ended up got killed there but luckily MC had his spring water. They defeated the villain family and cooperating with the others.

War with other country arc
    Haven't read this arc yet

Bluehydra, Mandyj, Asami and 8 others like this.
  11. Shivani

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell more about the capital arc??

12. iskolarako

iskolarako Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!
    Did ML raped original MC due to poison?or was it a mutual thing?

13. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls tell about the face slapping for the villains and how they annoyed mc

14. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    It has connection with the second arc.

Many factions in the imperial palace wanted to get rid of Chu Yunhan, the male empress, and the seventh prince.

Chu family was one of the founding family of the dynasty. As the reward, the empress always came from Chu family. The seventh prince was born from Chu concubine so he was still related to Chi Yunhan and grew up as his son.

Other concubines wanted to get rid of CY so fearing for their lives, CY took seventh prince and escaped from the palace.
    ML supported CY so he went looking for them/heard the news, he returned from the border. In the journey he got poisoned and met oriMC so he raped oriMC. He didn't know that oriMC got pregnant.

The emperor is so annoying, so undecisive and so easy to get swayed that all other concubines knew how to exploit his weakness. He claimed to love chu yunhan yet still had feelings for other concubines. He also failed to protect chu yunhan, if it weren't for ML and the six master, chu yunhan and the seventh prince would have died so many times in the palace

15. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a few months since I read this so I don't remember much anymore especially with the 200s chapters in one arc alone and the assemble casts, so many characters and pairings here with weird mtl names

- MC and ML returned separatedly to the capital. ML's residence in the capital was under the care of ML's milkmaid daughter. The milkmaid died protecting ML so ML was kind to her daughter. She became the housekeeper, had her own maids and grew up like young miss from rich family
    The daughter also dreamed of being ML's wife.
    When she knew that MC was coming, she designed to humiliate MC.
    When MC, his sons and gang arrived at the port, no one was waiting for them. The servants showed up late and even dared to tell MC to walk to the carriage. They even didn't respect him as princess consort.
    Enraged MC ordered the servants group to kneel at the dock and if anyone dared to leave, kill them in the spot.
    When MC arrived at ML's house, they even told MC to enter through side door, which was a concubine door. MC then ordered ML's guards to destroy the door.
    The milkmaid daughter hurried came out and tried to humiliate MC. MC being kickass MC was having none of it. He broke her arms and threw her to prison. Later the girl was given board hitting punishment in front of everyone and dead.
    Lesson learned.

- empress dowager also dislike ML.
    ML is the youngest prince from the most favoured concubine. So she was worried about her son's throne. There was a rumour that the late emperor actually left a will about his sucessor. It was true, ML had the will. If he wanted to become emperor, the position was his.
    Empress dowager plotted against MC so MC poisoned her and made it so it looked like she got stroke

- concubines plotted against MC but they failed in the end and got exposed.

- useless emperor died, the seventh prince became the next emperor and chu yunhan became empress dowager. But he left will that after three years, CY could marry sixth master (he was cousin of both ML and the emperor. Loved CY since childhood and refused to get marry. Hated emperor because he treated CY like garbage)

16. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first arc, it was the usual filial piety trope in the ancient era genre.

OriMC's from his father side thre MC out since he got pregnant and called him demon. The parents also worked hard and subsidized uncles/aunts.
    When MC took over and became rich, they wanted to enjoy the wealth too and were really shameless.
    Of course MC refused and teached them a lesson using his poison. They ended up dead, in prison etc.

17. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, sometimes I wish that these types of cannon fodder villains wouldn't die off that easily.
    After all, Life can also be another form of hell to those who deserve it. Let them live a long life as they watch just how much they f**ked up.

IDK, sometimes I feel like killing them is just another form of mercy.:blobneutral:

18. Nokiyoh

Nokiyoh {The one with Collarbone fetish}

Reading List:
    Link
    no wonder the summary look somewhat familiar to me lol, i've mtl this novel randomly a month ago. :blobrofl:

stumblmer likes this.
  19. sumore

sumore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can spoil me cute interactions between MC/ML and the buns?

20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @purple_mangosteen
    So ML met OriMC before, and because he got drugged, he raped OriMC. OriMC was kicked out by his parents.
    ML never went to se OriMC after the rape? And ML didn't know he pregnant?

And then, OriMC died and MC transmigrated or reincarnated (or what?) to OriMC body,
    ML met MC again when he was hurt? So, it's the first time he met MC again after he raped him?
    Did ML feel MC is not the same as OriMC? The twins likes ML?
    And they get married?

lazuuli likes this.