[Poll] Would you be a genderbent superhero?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 23, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you accept the magical kitty's genderbent transformation?

1. I'm male - Yes, without the slightest degree of hestiation!

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. I'm male - Yes, it sounds like a good deal!

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. I'm male - Yes, after thinking about it a bit

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. I'm male - Yes, but somewhat reluctantly

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I'm male - No, but somewhat reluctantly

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. I'm male - No, after thinking about it a bit

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. I'm male - No, it sounds like a bad idea

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  8. I'm male - No, without the slightest degree of hesitation

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. I'm female - Yes, without the slightest degree of hesitation

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. I'm female - Yes, it sounds like a good deal!

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  11. I'm female - Yes, after thinking about it a bit

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. I'm female - Yes, but somewhat reluctantly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm female - No, but somewhat reluctantly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - No, after thinking about it a bit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - No, it sounds like a bad idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - No, without the slightest degree of hesitation

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  17. I do not wish to answer

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    *transforms into Magical Swordsman of Tasty Hot Chocolate*

Let's be baristas together and be popular ikemens who protect the world with the power of yummy cafe goodies and BL subcontext!! :aww::aww::aww:

2. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    *Gives you an apron and welcomes ikemen barista companion*

Let’s make the world a better place with cute animal latte art and adorable donuts!
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Edit: I realize now that my current pfp is perfect for this. *winks at Magical girls*

AliceShiki and iampsyx like this.
  3. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    So the poll results right now are soooo cool (at least I think so)!

It's almost a perfect 50-50 split for the guys, and the girls lean heavily to the ikeman! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

It's not a surprising result (imo) in any way, but I still think it's cool how easily the poll leaned to the extremes.

1. Yup! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero: I'm all for more genderbender! A lot of people already spoke about a lot of my concerns, but in this setting it sounds like a lot of people end up becoming magical girls / bishies, so if it's a common route in life, if might even be something I would look forward to. After all, if like 20% of the world is supernatural in some way, getting powers is pretty important, isn't it?

2. Plus! I mean everyone on NUF knows that I like clones, and it would be really cool to experience something new!

3. Hmm... This is hard. On NUF I'm probably most famous for cloning, so it would probably be shape-shifting related. Or maybe it would be something dark or morbid because my thoughts tend to float that way. Or philosophical? Or introverted? A mini-dimension where time is paused and I can just have a 1-on-1 conversation with someone? Telepathic speaking? I think it's hard to come up with something that describes me. Oh! The ability to poll everyone~! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

4. I think I would be good. :blobsweat_2: I won't go deep into the details of exactly what I'd do, but other people's feelings are pretty important to me, and I believe very strongly in empathy. I'm definitely meddlesome. I could probably write a blog post on this, because there's a lot of thoughts I have on this, but maybe another day!

5. Hmm... If I use the Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness as a comparison... In my headcanon she probably has like tens of thousands of victims humans that she's collected in her dark dreamland, and those are constantly feeding her emotions and energy. I think the really "successful" or "powerful" Magical Girls would probably be the kind who affect thousands to millions of people on a regular basis. In comparison, the mediocre ones are only able to touch the people right in front of them... so I guess I would be a little better than mediocre then?

I also have a huge respect for people who do things behind the scenes without recognition, and a lot of those things are really important. I think for me, I might even choose to forgo recognition to pursue the things I think are really valuable/meaningful. Irregardless of superpowers or anything, I think my big abstract goal in life is to chose to do the things with the biggest impact -- even if nobody sees it.

I think the feelings that I derive from it alone are more than enough for me -- and superpowers to me are only just a tool or a means -- not a goal. So I wouldn't really care too much if I was "strong" in this magical sense.

EDIT: I thought a little bit more, and my personality-aligned superpower pick would be the ability to force anybody into a 1-on-1 interrogation room with me. It would be in a mini-pocket dimension that I fully control, and time in the outside world would be stopped. The main rule is that everything that happens inside is purely illusory (e.g. any physical injuries that happen inside don't affect the real bodies). The main utility would be that it allows me to forcibly get to know strangers (...a hobby I have...) and talk to them indefinitely with time stopped. For some people it's kind of like torture, I guess...:blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  4. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if you successfully sign the contract, only your alter form is a hikki neet genderbent version of yourself and your superpower is talking to ants, and they don't really care what you have to say anyway. Don't think I'm that naive, kitty!

AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  5. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you accept the magical kitty's offer? Why or why not? What concerns do you have?

No. Because just surviving my normal life is already a miracle. Adding the fact that i would become a Magical Girl would put that Scary factor to the max due to how dangerous and scary what my life would be. I even imagined that and all i could see is me hoping that there is a world where i wanted a normal life....just knowing about if is already scary.

2. Is the genderbent transformation a plus or a minus in your eyes?

Hmn...it isn't a plus nor a minus since i'm a Asexual and living as a girl is not scary. But if i actually become a girl in my countrt, then we have a problem since there are already cases of rape of young men. I can already imagine what would happen to me if i actually turned into a girl.

3. What kind of superpower do you think suits your personality?

Hmn...All-rounder i guess? Since i tend to have a unique personality(easily influenced by my surroundings and adapting to them) so i could become a very versitile magical girl.

4. How would you collect your magical energy? Would you be good/evil/neutral?

Hmn...i would usually do good things in public but would not fear and even use dark magic to my advantage. Picking sides isn't my style and usually do both.

5. Do you think you could be a successful magical girl / magical swordsman?

It depends. I can imagine myself becoming a successful magical girl but highly make myself so many enemies that even CN MCs can't compare. But they would actually be more scared of me due to the fact that no matter the danger i get into, i would miracously survive any ordeal and even create good publication because of that.

lychee likes this.
  6. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you accept the magical kitty's offer? Why or why not? What concerns do you have?

YAS YAS YAS!! WHATEVER GENDER I'LL HAVE, I KNOW THAT I'LL BE SUUPER FAABULOUS :aww::aww::aww:

The power of making instantous, irresistible delicious-looking cakes that might or might not be poisonous!:blobhero:

I'm a good child :aww:

Of course! Bring it on :blobhero:

lychee likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    When you accept to become a magical girl/swordsman and now that you are a girl/boy, you ask the magical cat to transform you into magical swordsman/girl. Now you're back to your own gender again and also doubled your power. e5b_1.jpg

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My answers to to those 5 questions will be "No!" I am a straight White guy that identifies as such, so I would not want to be a gender-bent superhero!

9. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Now the Magical Cat is troubling me! Where did he/she/it even hear that I wanted to be a Magical Girl? Those Magical Girls must be slandering me!"

I would have to decline. It seems that Magical Girls get into a lot of fights, and I would also have to deal with gathering energy. The premise doesn't specify how much energy I need to live as a Magical Girl, so I would probably die since I am terrible at gathering emotions.
    It's probably a minus. I would have to either live in a dress, or buy clothes to wear over the dress. That's a hassle.
    Negative feedback, maybe? I can find some flaws in everything, and I will enlarge those flaws, causing major mental damage.
    I have no idea, and that would be my doom. I think I would choose to be good.
    Nope. Death is inevitable.

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  10. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee Do a poll on capital punishment. There've been lotsa discussions on the "sanctity" of life, the value of human beings, etc.
    I wanna see what happens. Especially for a supposedly more tech-savvy/younger community.
    I mean, if the BL responses on NU are a benchmark for progressiveness ....

Vary it by degrees of punishment vs incarceration vs corrective rehab (practiced in parts of Europe). Degrees of punishment could vary by rope (cheap! and environmentally friendly since it's reusable!), to bullets (30+cents/round, if you don't include cleanup costs).

For the record I'm for it.

Reference discussions in past week ...
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/what-meaning-do-you-give-to-the-life.93009/
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/is-killing-really-that-hard.92361/
    And in case no one believes this is NU related, there are tons of CN kingdom-building/xianxia novels with baddies and their extended families executed without trial.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  11. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "1. Would you accept the magical kitty's offer? Why or why not? What concerns do you have?

5. Do you think you could be a successful magical girl / magical swordsman?"

1. My only concern is regarding this : "You can collect or regain magical energy by collecting strong emotions that people direct at you"
    Do other magical girls/swordsmen still count as people? because if so, immortality breeds loneliness, so I wouldn't be surprised if all the magical girls and boys just ended up in one big poly relationship, especially the ones who've lived longer and lost lots of people. The only thing you'd have to worry about is if a psychopath becomes a magical girl, or pissing off a magical girl who never emotionally matured to the point of wanting to murder you. Other than that, it's being able to dictate the terms of your own life aside from magical girl duties.

2. It's a plus : I've always been curious of how other people live. Being able to experience something so different should be interesting, esp given the immortality factor meaning I'll eventually be bored to death.

3. Something explosive : generally I'm calm but I can have bouts of extreme rage

4. (refer back to 1) Also, assuming a similar universe to Madoka, if there are entities causing issues to the general populace, going for "good" would be the easy choice. If the world is already peaceful, I'd imagine it'd be hard to self-sustain after awhile going the good path. So it cycles back to if magical girls count as people, since if you can resonate magical energy off each other, it'd work out. You probably mean there can only be a winner/loser of magical energy between magical girls though.

5. What makes a successful magical girl? The ability to self-sustain to eternity? The ability to shake off the control of a certain nefarious cabbit? Honestly the whole idea makes me reimagine magical girls in general. I think the genre is supposed to be an allusion to the blooming of young ladies into women. Meanwhile, scenario means there might be centuries old magical girls. It seems weird to imagine freezing your development for the vast majority of your existence after signing a contract with a cabbit. Maybe the real price is having your personal growth stunted forever? I'd be confident in being content with my accomplishments as a magical girl given enough time to figure it all though.

Snowbun, lychee and AMissingLinguist like this.
  12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay! I probably wouldn't do it immediately since I've definitely slowed down on polls a lot this week, but it's a cool subject!

By the way, you're absolutely welcome to make your own polls! :blobsweat_2: It's not like I have a monopoly or anything!

Aside from that, I don't really know if BL is a sign for progressive-ness... XD My instinct would be that capital punishment views would vary by country of origin -- Europe being fairly anti-capital punishment, non-Western being pro, and the US being somewhere in the middle.

13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lazy...

lychee likes this.
  14. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know XD :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  15. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the.. Job? Are the Magical Girls supposed to just go around doing random stuff or stealing from each other.. or are they supposed to fight some monsters or something ?

If there is monster fighting involved.. what are the monsters like ? something that is out to kill you like in Madoka for example.. or some slimy tentacle monsters that like to rape magical girls like in some hentai ?

If there are monsters and they're the hentai type.. and if a magical girl is a little perverted and seeks them out, not to kill em but to have some lewd fun, what happens then ?

-Without any additional info, I don't know what I would do...

-If the result is cute/sexy, then its a plus... If not... then minus...

-Don't know... What would suit a lazy, perverted loner? (if I got some succubus like lewd powers... that might be nice...)

-I would be pragmatic... ie. I would try to avoid creating enemies but wouldn't hesitate to do what I must to survive...

-Not enough info...

AMissingLinguist likes this.