[Poll] How Easily Do You Make Friends?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 17, 2019.

Tags:
?

At the end of the four week period, what is the likelihood you will be friends with your roommate?

1. 100%! I could be friends with everyone in the world!

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. 99.9%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 99%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 95%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 90% I could be friends with 9/10 people in the world

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 80%

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. 70%

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. 60%

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  9. 50% I could be friends with half the people in the world

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. 40%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 30%

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. 20%

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  13. 10% I could be friends with 1/10 people in the world

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  14. 5%

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  15. 1%

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  16. 0.1%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 0.01%

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  18. Less than 0.01%

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  19. 0% Making friends is impossible for me in this situation

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  20. 0% It’s impossible for me to make friends with anybody

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  21. I wouldn’t be able to last four weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. I wouldn’t agree to go to the island

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  23. I’m not interested in making friends to begin with

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  24. I do not wish to answer

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely random person means the likelyhood of getting a roommate with issues is high. Could be anything from a homicidal murderer to one of them ankle biter brats from Europe. Just imagine spending four months with a coke whore or methhead....

Also your fate is in the others hands, if they choose for whatever reason to leave ,your ejected as well... so while it's a little dark, if you get a bad matchup it might be best to just off them, before they get the same idea...

Otoh, I have a fairly high chance to have a congenital relationship with most roommates. I have few real prejudices unless the other person starts trying to force their agenda onto me.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    A very dangerous loophole in the conditions is that the roommate doesn't have to be alive in a 200 meter radius. :blobsleepless: To be clear, killing or incapacitating the roommate is possible, and then the only thing left to do is bring them wherever. Also, how would I know that I can wish myself off? Did the magical evil girl kidnapper tell me? Why would I believe them? Lots of assumptions to do before I even get to meeting my new roommate. :hmm:

AliceShiki, ludagad and lychee like this.
  3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Expanding on that, what happens to you if your roommate opts out and teleports away from the island? I guess that also disqualifies you? I won't bother with befriending, and I'd avoid getting murdered in my sleep by opting out immediately. Sorry, random roommate. I'm not very money-driven. Safety is number one priority.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with making friends but I just don't know how to start...(except for guys, I'm fine making friends with guy but if they annoyed me then of course, I abandoned them)
    P.S. Sawa is super choosy:cookie:

5. shirsong

shirsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really depends on the roommate.
    I was with another girl in the dorm for 2 month and we absolutely hated each other (I still hate her).
    An year later, for a certain job I had a roomate for a week and we were instant friends! Still meeting once in a while.
    I would like to believe I would get along with most people but becaming a friend.. hard to say.

6. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably leave pretty quickly because I don't want to share a room with someone. Especially not a man - I'd be gone in an instant.

If I did stay, it would depend on the person, of course. Someone who's racist, sexist, transphobic or homophobic is going to have a hell of a time with me. Anyone who's low on empathy is going to have a bad time too.

But even if I got along with them, I'm unlikely to be real friends with them by the end of it. Complex PTSD makes me slow to trust and get attached to people. I can want to be friends with people and I can try to get close with them - and in the process, they often end up considering me a friend long before I even think of us as proper acquaintances. (I've learned to just take their pace as the right pace.)
    Four weeks, even with constant exposure, is probably just long enough for me to take a slight interest in the other person.

e691919414be2fffb4ea13091c3c7e74c4ace3df_hq.gif
    blushgif.gif

I don't think that I have any admirable qualities, but thank you.