Mini RPG The Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Put simply: a sentient oil which infects anything it touches. The creations are part machine part biological, and it basically spreads like a plague. A sentient, powerful, almost unstoppable plague. That gives its victims great power in exchange for their sanity and freedom, I guess.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: (;,ಠ_ಠ) I think losing an arm would be enough, but instead of a plague, it could be damaging his body.
    Like Iron Man in his second movie~! o.o)!

Blackwater likes this.
  3. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: @Blackwater, wouldn't that be cool? In order to save yourself, you have to replace your heart with that of a Dragon, Demon, or...anything that can helpful. But you could also make the artificial heart like the one ninja dude in the first Hellboy movie?

Blackwater likes this.
  4. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: B-but... New Phyrexia! Hmmm... so I basically have a few paths before me.
    1: Mechanization Phyrexiaaa!!! ...and insanity.
    2: Electrodominance possibly insanity?
    3: Nightmares Absolutely Insanity.
    OOC: Tbh, I only see issues with this. Like genetical compatibility. Corruption. Who is going to do the operation and keep Romanov alive. Actually getting these hearts.

What if I actually kill him, and have him return undead?

5. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Umm...magic! (・∀・)b

Blackwater likes this.
  6. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Oi! Magic isn't the answer to all problems, 42 is! Aside from that, I dislike overly relying on magic without logic to back it up.

7. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Alright, let's think about this for real. So if your character has his arm replaced, the more enemies you kill, the more it covers your entire body and tries to consume your mine.

My character could help in creating a device that could delay it, but that would be it, and in order to survive I think Romanov would have go on an quests by going to the same world where the first mission popped up. Perhaps that place will have the answers, and so you try to track down the scientist who gave you the arm.

This leads to your character using his abilities as a tracker, and when you lose his tracks, you resort to...basically that's what I'm thinking?

Blackwater likes this.
  8. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Hmmm... I think I'll sleep a night over it, and have an answer tomorrow. With 4 possible paths which I can take, and me being bad at deciding, I don't think I'll make much progress today.

9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I still think the arm path is cool as fuck. ( O.O)b

Blackwater likes this.
  10. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: It has its charm, yeah. Could be quite interesting to portray the confusion and slowly growing desperation as the arm grows. On the other hand, the technical part of the electrodominance path could be quite fun as well. Then again, the utter insanity and abominations I can use in the Nightmare path would be entertaining. The undead path... nah, too bland.

11. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Obviously, the only time it would be interesting is if he became a Lich.

Blackwater likes this.
  12. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Yep. So, basically... I can't decide :v

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: ( ⸝⸝⸝ - ◇ -⸝⸝⸝ ) つGood luck~

Blackwater likes this.
  14. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Alright, got a plan for the adventure now. Will continue writing once I got time for it. As for increasing my character's power, I feel like making a hard magic system with a set power ceiling, but with there being no limit to the power set by Haxa, that might be crippling my character's power in future scenarios...

15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Uh huh...g'night~! :blobnom:

Blackwater likes this.
  16. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Lilith casted [Dark Space] and grabbed a fur coat from inside her storage space, and while putting put it on she asked Chris, “Aren't you cold?”

He shook his head and took a look around the room, and aside from the sheets of crystals plastering the walls, the room's temperature was normal. It felt fresh actually, it was just Lilith who was sensitive to the temperature.

She looked around the room and began voicing her opinions, “Like you said, we should clean up the room a bit. Though I think I should do that while you inspect the the crystals on the walls. I can feel some mana emitting from them.”

“Mm, alright then.” He went over and began chiseling off the crystals from the wall, and gradually the wall returned to its previous appearance before being covered in crystals.

While he was inspecting the crystals, Lilith took out a clean cloth and some water from her storage space, and began wiping away at the dust that covered the tables and books from all the shelves.

After a few minutes had passed, Chris felt his hand holding the crystals quiver and shake, as a blue light suddenly began radiating around it. At this moment, he realized what these crystals were, and how valuable they were to him right now.

'I see, so that's what they can be used for, and if I can make it more efficient by extracting it all as...haha, it's quite a good resource.

However... I can't help but think of how these crystals only appear when a leader type 3rd class monster is born. Looks like this place will be more trouble than I thought.'

Seeing that he had figured out what they were, Lilith walked over and tip toed to take a look. She asked, “Do you know what the pretty crystals are?”

Chris responded with a short response.

"These crystals...they're mid-class mana potions just waiting to be harvested."

Lilith was amazed, “Potions huh? Mid-class ones too. We can probably get a lot from these.” She looked at Chris and grinned.

“Yes. Its nice and all, however the process to turn them into potions takes a while due to how fragile they are. It could even blow up if it doesn't melt completely in time!”

Not caring however, Lilith went back to cleaning the tables and shelves, humming.

He collected around three hundred of these crystals, enough to create around 70 mana potions. It couldn't be helped because of how small they were, but because of their high mana concentration, it was worth it.

Once a spell or any skill that used mana is used, it would take a long time to recover their drained mana pool to a degree fit for battle. However, the story changes with potions, as they can instantly refill a person's pool of magic.

Since Chris didn't have a high magic stat, he would only need to take a few sips from one bottle to just instantly refill it.

The same couldn't be said for Lilith as she was solely a magic user. Most of her spells were supported by the darkness. However, if there was a weak amount of dark, the spell would use mana. Even without the potions, she could cast many high level spells, but with the potions, she could use them like nothing.

Thankfully, Chris brought an alchemy set, but he wasn't in a hurry. Rather, he was thinking about opening the door that lead to somewhere unknown. He put away the crystals and began preparing his equipment again, and asked Lilith if she was ready.

"Yep!”

And with that, they headed off.

"But first can you tell me what these journals or books are saying!? I'm curious!"

His plans on smashing thousands of monsters was delayed for a bit after that.

Blackwater and Daisydacrazy like this.
  17. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    I continue wandering, the fog always wafting around me. Then it seems to get a tiny bit less thick. Alarmed at even this tiny change, I immediately insert a continuous stream of mana into belt - and am immediately reward with a satisfying crack from behind me.

I whip out my gun - loaded with normal bullets - and face the aggressor. It's an intimidating and tall figure, completely covered in pale gray armour, wielding a greatsword the length of its body.

As I don't know how fast or strong it is, I distance myself from it whilst sending a few arcs of electricity out, successfully keeping it at bay until I reach what I consider a safe distance.

Only then do I cut off the supply to the belt... and it's quite a drain on my mana, to be honest. These few seconds, along with the arcs, consumed about 10% of my stored mana already.

Enough daydreaming. I unleash 5 bullets upon the figure, sightly spreading each shot to increase my chances of hitting at least once.

All the shots hit, but most glance off the armour, as if it were made to defend against bullets. The one that doesn't glance off staggers the figure, but merely puts a significant dent in the armour.

Well, shit. That armour is hard. But electricity seems to work...

Time for a different approach then. A quick scan of the armour confirms that it has a visor, as well as parts not covered by the metal, and only by whatever lies underneath. Good.

I get ready to insert mana into the belt again as I slowly approach the figure and pull out my dagger, as the figure carefully advances towards me as well.

OOC: Will continue later.

18. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Hmm, so far it seems nice. I think after defeating or running away from it, Romanov should be surprised as he finally had a moment to take in the realization that the fog was gone, and that he found himself in...also, is this quest actually gonna have a goal that he can understand?

Blackwater likes this.
  19. Blackwater

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Tbh, Romanov will probably defeat it rather easily. Simply because it's armour is metal.

As for the quest, well... not 100% sure yet

20. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Maybe he's just "the gate keeper" to prove that you have enough skill and firepower to enter! After that, a letter suddenly appears in the air saying what you need to accomplish! O_O)!

Blackwater likes this.