Discussion Wuxiaworld D**k Move With The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by flowingcloud, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't happen even when a group made false claims on me.

kenar and AliceShiki like this.
  2. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't say it will. Said it should. Allowing people to spread blatantly false info around is just stupid.

There will still be a ton of grey areas where it couldn't be touched. But areas like this where there is irrefutable proof that it's a lie. Why should it be allowed to clickbait and mess with someone's hard earned reputation?

I'm not saying it IS against the rules. I'm saying it should be.

I said ban it. It. As in in the action. Not this one particular instance. If someone posts something and it's pure and incontrovertible fact that it's a lie meant to attack someone... Have a rule in place to remove it. All the qidian and WW threads wouldn't get censored because you can't prove who's lying where on those.... But stuff like this. It's pure fact that this is a lie that hurts someone's reputation. They did nothing to earn this backlash... So why wouldn't you have a rule in place to prevent crappy stuff like this?

Only reason I didn't advocate this on the previous ones is the very simple fact that I didn't see any. I just click the headline stuff, don't search the forums often. Regardless of who got attacked I'd say the same thing.

Hell I've even defended qidian when people slammed it with blatant lies... My post history will clarify why that's a significant demonstration of my stance on lying to attack anything

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod*
    Feel free to make a thread in the Suggestions and Bug Reports subforum asking for a rule change within the forums then? Though I doubt anything will come of it.

4. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A better solution to this ban/remove/censor would be to add the translator's response to the op's thread, as it has been done in the past. Everyone will be happy.

Westeller, SAimNE and Jaspaaar like this.
  5. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can confirm. My main complaint is the site leaving an unredacted lie that hurts someone's reputation. If it's edited to clarify the lie that removes the damage.

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they did the same thing with several other korean novels too

i cannot remember clearly which titles they were but i think it was

Emperor of Solo Play and seoul necromancer station

when it was near the end, the TL would disappear and delay chapters
    also not that this would occur for weeks and months before any official notice on why it's happening and they were collecting donations (there was no VIP and WN back then) altho they were not releasing the daily chapters

every time such a thing happened, WW would say the translator MIA/sick/whatever

i think something similar happened with HJC too
    the updates just slowly disappeared while still collecting donations. this went on for quite a while before ren stepped in but qidian had set up WN and eventually it became WW vs WN

but yea i cant really remember so don't quote me.

also while everyone is defending WW here, saying it's a platform

you need to remember that it's a CLOSED PLATFORM

if one of macdonalds suppliers gave them bad eggs and you ate the muffins that had the bad eggs, you're not going to say "oh, it's the supplier's fault. not MacDonald."

so yea while they dont deserve the full blame, they do deserve some blame. especially now since they have the VIP thing and they're obviously getting money and it's clearly a business, just like WN.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  7. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Refunds were then offered to anyone who had donated for unfulfilled chapters. When Zen returned, he ceased using Patreon/accepting sponsored chapters and continued to work on making up for those previously sponsored chapters.

You might've missed Page 3 with Fudge's response; he is caught up to the author and posting whenever he does. And, as spending 30 seconds to check TNE's sponsorship page or announcements shows, TNE was closed to new subscribers over a month ago due to the author's erratic schedule (despite readers asking Fudge to re-enable it!) No questions asked refunds were also offered to anyone who was subscribed during the author's break a couple of months ago.

Edit: Anyway, the most confusing part of this to me is OP's unsourced claim that Fudge is "Delaying releases on purpose the moment the author announces the novel is ending". Yet Fudge has been caught up to the author and releasing in time with him for over half a year now! There has been no change. Seriously, just look at TNE's announcement list page:
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/posts/the-novels-extra
    18 posts in the span of six months just giving info about the author's schedule and delays!

@Westeller @Parth37955 this is why @mm38910's suggestion above is necessary for visibility^

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  8. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why you should always read and do your research on the topic, never jump to conclusions so you don't look like this neanderthal...

Ai chan likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that a challenge, Ai-chan's creepy-looking long-nosed friend?

10. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't know about this story, but I know that when I used to translate for free just to pass time, with like no ads no nothing, I was getting insulted all over the place for every little delay. I was even told to die and whatnot. So really, people will complain no matter what you do.

Kuro_0ni and Ai chan like this.
  11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wasn't only talking about HJC and TNE, but also the other two korean novels that had the same problem which was mostly ignored. but yea, the appearance of WN did make things better i guess especially with how HJC was treated and WW transforming and becoming recognized as a business

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.