Recommendations MC doesn't try to get stronger

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by CosmicInsomniac, Sep 25, 2019.

1. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any novels where the MC doesn't actively seek to get stronger? The only novel I can think of is Cultivation Chat Group, Song Shuhang just kinda goes along with everything happening around him, the longest he's been in closed door cultivation in the raws is one day (And we're almost 3000 chapters in) and most of his breakthroughs were accidental. Picked up a Demon King to be a Maid started off like that too, MC was trying to be lazy and not grow stronger so he could become a reserve hero, but his cheat causes him to grow stronger with sleep, and he accidentally became stronger than the hero (He only used 30% of his magic for the test, so it appeared as if they were equal). I'd prefer if it doesn't have the MC being one of the strongest beings in the world but they just don't care, like The Lazy Swordmaster or Martial Kings Retired Life.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of the count's family duh

4. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon king's Son-in-law. The MC in that is kinda like the one from CCG but you have to deal with an annoying girl all the time.

CosmicInsomniac likes this.
  5. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like trash isekai.

8. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You did specifically say that you didn't want someone who's one of the strongest in the world but doesn't care but if you haven't read The Lazy King then you should. The best "Lazy" story imo. MC's a sloth demon lord.

9. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac. He has actual trash talent in magic so he just spends the whole day smoking.

10. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    This, I loved it too much, you have the seven sins as the demons and the MC represents sloth, one of the best stories I have read on this site.

12. Ryuukage

Ryuukage [Professional Lurker][Loli Head Patter][Lazy Fox]

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To aru Majutsu no Index.

Touma refuses to learn how to fight, not even martial arts and I hate him for it.

14. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    This was one of the first novels I ever read when I discovered NU, and It's one of my all-time favorites. I fucking died reading Chap 8 and 15, it was just too good :blobmelt:

Yeah, I was going to add a "No Isekai" part to my request, but there are quite a few isekai that I like that break conventions and are unique, so I decided to not add it.
    I've read Fenrir before, but I plan to check out Isekai de Mofumofu and I didn't want to be reincarnated in the near future!

I think I'll read this once I'm done with King Shura, Looking at the tags and description this looks right up my alley!
    Dang, looking at the tags and this looks amazing, Just the fact that it has 'Schemes and Conspiracies' and "parody' is enough to get my attention, but the reviews show this is a great novel, and I plan to start reading it in the next few days!
    The description reads a bit like a generic anti-hero backstory, but this seems pretty interesting, with tags like Buddhism and Demonic Cultivation technique together, plus the reviews show that this isn't a novel where if you're from a buddist sect you're good and if you use a demonic technique you're evil.
    If I had any money to spend on a novel's worth of spirit stones, I would definitely read it, but I'll have to put this on my backlog for the time being.
    One review said that the guy gets rid of conflict so he can be lazy, and I think this kind of proactive lazyness should be both feared and respected.

Thank you again everyone for all your recommendations!:blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy: