[Poll] How much could I pay you to work at a yaoi/yuri cafe?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 26, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much would Fujo-san need to pay you for you to consider the position?

1. I'm male - 100x hourly minimum wage or more

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. I'm male - 10x hourly minimum wage

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. I'm male - 5x hourly minimum wage

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I'm male - 3x hourly minimum wage

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. I'm male - 2x hourly minimum wage

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. I'm male - 1.5x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. I'm male - 1.2x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I'm male - 1.1x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - 1.0x hourly minimum wage

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. I'm male - 0.9x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm male - 0.8x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  12. I'm male - 0.7x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm male - 0.5x hourly minimum wage or less

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  14. I'm male - I would reject Fujo-san's offer

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  15. I'm female - 100x hourly minimum wage or more

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  16. I'm female - 10x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - 5x hourly minimum wage

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  18. I'm female - 3x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I'm female - 2x hourly minimum wage

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  20. I'm female - 1.5x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm female - 1.2x hourly minimum wage

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  22. I'm female - 1.1x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. I'm female - 1.0x hourly minimum wage

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  24. I'm female - 0.9x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - 0.8x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. I'm female - 0.7x hourly minimum wage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I'm female - 0.5x hourly minimum wage or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. I'm female - I would reject Fujo-san's offer

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  29. I am unsure

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  30. I do not wish to respond

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL the people who run bars and clubs near Shinjuku nichoume and have been featured in TV shows have the most interesting and amazing personalities... they make me feel like even if I’m picked up for this kind of thing, it wouldn’t end up too badly. I have never been to these places but my husband had to take some people to maid cafes and honestly...it’s pretty NO TOUCH and organized. The customers pay for everything. Pictures, handshakes, etc. I don’t think it would be that different from working in a regular coffee shop but well... I might have seen too much of that stuff around already.

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    No amount of money would get me doing anything near BL/yaoi.

Yuri, however, i'd happily do if i were a girl because yuri is glorious.

lychee likes this.
  3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    You know @lychee I would love to see @Tony's post on this thread for some reason...

4. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Now here's the mysterious question, if you were a girl, would you be into BL/yaoi? :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

AliceShiki and Anra7777 like this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly doubt it.

lychee likes this.
  6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Do you accept Fujo-san's offer?
    No, definitely not. I would not go for a job I hate regardless of what my situation is, especially when I'm talented enough to live off scraps and salvage for a decent amount of time.

2. What are your concerns? Are there any benefits to the offer?
    Major concerns besides the fact I'd be doing something against my principals would be the fact that it's in the red light district. Not a place I could be safe in.

3. How much would Fujo-san need to pay you for you to consider the position?
    I simply wouldn't take the position for any amount of money, as the more money I'm offered the more suspicious the deal would be.

4. What would be your future plans in this kind of isekai situation?
    Get enough money for a gym pass, and keep myself fit and clean. Get myself a cheap computer and make myself some friends. Figure out what programming languages look like in this world and do freelance work online. I would have to find some kind of loophole in opening a bank account without any Id, and then simply go from there. I'd also try to get myself an ID, but I don't feel like searching around for how to fake an ID from my web browser right now so I'd have to figure that out there.

7. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you are looking for feedback on the poll?

But I found it difficult to decide what to answer based on my response . I selected unsure, but would have rather have had something for assertive as I basically said no ~

lychee likes this.
  8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Feedback is always welcome!

Isn't there an "I would reject Fujo-san's offer" that is pretty close to your response?

AliceShiki, UnGrave and Femme Fatale like this.
  9. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad! :facepalm:

All changed, thank you~

btw, I like your polls. They are well thought out and interesting.

10. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    1) yep
    2) I'd say that the benefits far outweigh the concerns in this scenario.

She's giving me a place and money to live, in a world where both would be damn near impossible for me to find (I'm currently a university student with little to no real life experience :blobsweat_2:)

Not to mention I'm living right next to a yuri cafe where I get to see girls:
    • Flirting and talking
    • Playing the pocky game, feeding each other food
    • Kissing, hugging, and casual touching
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobwhistle::blobwhistle:

Concerns are the lack of shower and food, but in Japan they have public bathhouses and affordable healthy food in convenience stores, so both should be fine.

I'd probably be quite uncomfortable working in a place like that, but my personal pride here is beneath my need to live.

In terms of Maslow's Hierarchy of Basic Needs, this job could let me attain up to a level 3, but falling short at level 4. After a while, though, I think I'd probably just get used to it and rise up to level 4 anyway (level 5 would be pushing it).

3) I chose minimum wage, simply because if Fujo is paying below that then I'd be worried about some potentially shady stuff going on which could lead to some disastrous circumstances for me in the future :blobfearful:

4) Step 1: work in cafe
    Step 2: ask Fujo what she thinks I should do, because she's the owner of a business and seems to know what she's doing in comparison to the clueless me
    Step 3: ????????
    Step 4: profit :blob_sunglasses:

11. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as Fujo will set me as a sadistic seme. I'll gladly accept the job. So come my poor little ukes :blobamused: I promise I'll give you all a lot of love after I'm done bullying teasing you

12. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to start somewhere, and it's easier to get a different job if you already have a job. Minimum wage would be fine and reasonable, especially considering this person is sticking their neck on the line for me. Theoretically the monthly bonus would be used for savings for a better home and necessities. It would suck the first couple months, living in a broom closet and eating the leftovers at the cafe, but if it's the best means of survival, suck it up and deal. Life will get better.

And as for the play acting, who cares. It's just acting. Seriously. I don't get people's strong aversion. As long as the customers don't get handsy, and there's some level of protection if they do, why get all worked up? It's all pretend.

But then I'm bi/pan so. *shrug*

mir, Snowbun, lychee and 1 other person like this.
  13. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    If she’s okay with the fact that I’m bad at flirting, sure, I’ll take it. I’ve had enough difficulties getting a job in this universe to turn down something like this when my circumstances are so much worse.

lychee likes this.
  14. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    hohoho, it's interesting. I'd like to accept, but who would guarantee that fujo-san won't drugged the homeless little me and sold my organs on that first interview instead? The circumstances are so shady~:aww:

But then again, in that hypotetical situation, i would be a homeless illegal immigrant with no money on my back (the currency in another world would be different from those little changes that i kept in my pockets, right? :aww:). I still need to eat and drink. I don't want die from hunger or be potentially dragged into a more unfavorable situation and have no strenght to fight back (streets are unsafe!).

Besides, i could quit anytime i want! Regardlesss of whether i have to sign a job contract or no, i'm practically not existed in the law! the contracts would be not be legally binding to me~ Maybe i'll test the water for a week or so

mir, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  15. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You couldn't because I am not into that stuff!

16. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Do you accept Fujo-san's offer?
    I would decline her offer, and risk living on the streets. I would be at a huge disadvantage if I accepted Fujo's offer, and she would be able to dictate many more terms once she figures out my background.
    2. What are your concerns? Are there any benefits to the offer?
    I can't speak any Japanese, so I have no idea what Fujo would even be saying. I also don't know Japanese customs and would probably offend many people. The biggest benefit is shelter and money.
    3. How much would Fujo-san need to pay you for you to consider the position?
    Fujo-san would have to pay me with something other than money for me to consider the job. The contract would have to specify that: I could leave whenever I want, I will not be harmed or coerced into doing something I don't want to do, I will be payed 2 months salary if I'm laid off, and a whole bunch of other things. (I will need a lawyer to check the contract for sure.)
    4. What would be your future plans in this kind of isekai situation?
    I would need food and water. I would need to find a job. Then, I would need a place to live. Next, I would need daily essentials like clothes, shoes, transportation, and a Japanese handbook on simple phrases.

mir, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd accept it, I'd probably be at a total loss at this kind of situation...

My concerns are probably the same that people already said... Offer is a bit fishy and if Fujo-san had any ill intentions, she'd have an easy time coercing me.

Minimum Wage would be fine to me, maybe lower, but I'd probably aim for at least minimum wage.

As for plans? Find a way to get legal I guess, that's the first thing~
    And find a job with better work conditions... And a better place to live... But before all that, find something fun to do that is free I guess? It's hard to motivate yourself to do anything if you're hating everything going on in your life. Finding something inexpensive to do that I could enjoy would be nice~

iampsyx, mir and lychee like this.
  18. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    We got over twenty male NUF member want to works in this cafe:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Alright girls time to make it real, you got your employee

19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is my main concern with this scenario.
    Say you take the job, and the pay is acceptable at the start. But what if later on they make it very difficult for you to leave somehow? They might threaten me with reporting me to authorities for deportation or imprisonment. Since no one knows me and I have no records, would they threaten to murder me, since even if they did no one would know about it? Would I end up working for them for free? Would the 'nothing beyond kissing' part of the contract change as well? Since any contract made with me would be illegal, I wouldn't be able to ask the authorties for help, right? Or am I overthinking it?

20. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope! You’re not overthinking it at all! It’s a very hard position to be in, to be an illegal immigrant, and they’re easily taken advantage of.

IRL, it helps if you can find a community of likeminded people (eg. other immigrants) that you can trust or rely on for advice. However, it’s extra hard mode in this isekai setting because it’s probably not very likely your fine a group of transmigrators from earth who can give you advice?