Spoiler Heaven's Blessing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 17, 2017.

1. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a hobby of following weibo rumor blogs for casting news so here are some tidbits I saw about HOB live action for those who wants to read some gossip (again they’re rumor mills so grain of salt) + my ramblings

there have been names thrown around since last year, many of them improbable (like Ma Tianyu as Xie Lian lol I wish). but now that CQL made a ton of money and turned Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan IT boys, Tencent is pretty interested in seriously supporting HOB’s live action and using it as a vehicle to push a new pair of fresh faces

the latest names that came up is Yan Xujia and Fan Chengcheng. which made the fans laugh bc Yan Xujia is a fellow member of Xiao Zhan’s idol group, and Fan Chengcheng is Wang Yibo’s junior from the same company, like it’s some sort of nepotism lol. but then shortly after it is rumored that Fan Chengcheng has turned the offer down (and I’m glad for that no offense) so now the 2 actors has been shifted to a BG drama to be love rivals

so the roles are still open and the search continues. but I think there’s a lot of truth about the new trend in cbiz of using BL adaptations as a stepping board to massive popularity now that they already have 2 consecutive strikes with Guardian and CQL. out of all the ones currently in the queue HOB is definitely seen as THE one be the next phenomenon. it still hold the record for being the most expensive IP sold for adaptation so I’m sure Tencent is gonna utilize it. and aside from that imo the role of Hua Cheng is just...*chefs kiss* he’s the most likely ML role to explode in popularity and drives the girls crazy as soon as he hits the drama screen, even more than WWX and LWJ, and whoever gets casted in the end should thank their ancestors for the chance. of course it all depends on the script, the design, and the suitability, but honestly the original material already won half the battle for us. another funny thing is many fans are now being more careful about bashing potential casting and less judgmental early on bc the CQL whiplash lol

the one worry I have is the increasing amount of regulations on drama production as the years go by (sigh what else is new in China amirite). on top of all the usual censorship, they’re now trying to limit the number of drama eps to 40, which is hmmm bc imo HOB is at least a 60 ep drama :sweating_profusely: ...and also limiting the number of period dramas being made overall so that might push HOB far down the queue. but the one rumor I pray to be true is Tencent being serious about supporting HOB and hopefully that include prioritizing. I’m tentatively speculating that they’ll film next year and have a release in 2021 *fingers crossed*

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. IcyFireReaper

IcyFireReaper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo can someone tell me who is Bai Wu Xiang and who is really Jun Wu if possible? Because I am SO confuse right now

3. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BWX is JW. And JW is also the crown prince of Wu Yong who fell from grace just like XL did. All of that shit that happened to XL is because of JW.

4. IcyFireReaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you for clarifying this for me!

5. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhua for hob should be released soon, isn't it? Anyone knows if someone is going to pick it up and translate it?

6. Kikoeru

Reading List:
    Link
    Last I checked, there were two people who plan on translating it. So we're guaranteed a translation.

Unfortunately, it was just announced that its release date is going to be postponed until further notice.
    [​IMG]

Yumelien and Lucasta MeiMei like this.
  7. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no... It says a reason in there? Or just that it's going to be delayed? I do not know Chinese:blob_teary:

8. Kikoeru

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucasta MeiMei and Yumelien like this.
  9. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
  10. teajikan

teajikan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow, I was very looking forward for the manhua adaptation TAT

but by the way, their official arts are just so cute <3

11. xbeautifulyang

xbeautifulyang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I LOVE HOB/TGCF SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Btw shout out to the author as always ! Much love to her and the translators, and all you fans and spoilers! <3

Special shout out to the author....so if you guys have read FOD , y'all would know the author made Lan Wangji name Shizui as chasing/longing after wwx in the Vietnamese language

Well.....The author either is just coincidentally lucky? and or she's even more godly and smarter than we thought!
    Hua Cheng is recognized and Always Wears Red. Xie Lian , his name , if you were to pronounce it phonetically in the Hmong language, it translates exactly into "the color red" So...if you know, you know ;)(y):love:

P.S : Btw anyone else chicken out reading XL's flashback on how his kingdom got destroyed ? :sick::confused::(:cry:

12. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a few drawings of the artist who works for the manhua with hob and I'm telling you they are breath-taking, especially the one with the arabian??(I think arabian) theme. If I'm not wrong the name of the artist should be Starember.

The author seems to do it intentionally most of the time :blobjoy: maybe she is lucky too?

I did not. In the book two anyway I was annoyed the action changed and had no idea what the author was going to throw at me next. It started slowly and I was just wanted it to end... then I came across the interesting parts and forgot about the present and my heart began to shatter.

In book 4 I was like, what else can she throw at me? I'm ready!

... I was not ready.

xbeautifulyang likes this.
  13. teajikan

teajikan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH! I remember seeing their arts!!! thank you for the tip :bloblove:

EXACTLY.

Lucasta MeiMei likes this.
  14. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and he is also the god of gods/ emperor

He is the 1st great demon every born.. (supreme, our guy is 3rd)
    and he is also the emperor of the gods who wipes out entire god clan to start new generation when his truth is revealed

15. IcyFireReaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit he crazy and thx!

16. Myosmium

Myosmium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A previous user's question got me thinking:

What's the point of the whole controlling a giant XL statue again? Apart from breaking out of the kiln, what other use did it have? Isn't it sort of inefficient to use? Don't the cons outweigh the pros here? I mean, the cute mouth-to-mouth transport of spiritual powers was cute, but logically speaking, was there a need for all of that?

I'm confusion. Someone, please enlighten this poor soul ;-;

On a completely different note, was it specified that Mu Qing had silver hair?

I'm confusion about that also.

17. Kikoeru

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, one pro would be that it's big. So it can carry all of the gods who were still weak to escape. And also, even if it was complicated and required gods to form a sword, the statue was able to fight back against the entire heavens when JW controlled it to attack them. Think of it as two gundams fighting against each other, but in a historical setting.

And no, MQ never had silver hair to begin with. It's just that fans like to give him silver hair.

18. CharaDere

CharaDere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me please ><; can't wait for the complete translation orz

Would like to know is there any adult scenes or smut yaoi scenes in this novel like Mo Dao Zu Shi? If there is, how many chapters are there? Because on Novelupdate page the novel is tagged under Shounen Ai which is kinda different from a Yaoi tag and more family friendly... which means no hot scenes...

Thank you very much!

19. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope there isn't any ....only implied and hidden smut :p

Yumelien likes this.
  20. CharaDere

CharaDere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOOo my dream is shattered....
    Really sad that the author have to tone down the adult scene due to backlash etc...