Spoiler The Beloved Imperial Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I decided to MTL the novel, and spent my weekend not sleeping just reading through the novel. Let me tell you, one of the best story I’ve read so far! And I wasnt even reading it fully translated :blobjoy:
    The ending really got me emo a bit:blobsob:

The translator is doing a superb job, I hope to follow the tranlated part too

2. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think her name is Mu XiTing? She was used as a means to kidnap Xi Yao because she was jealous that the 5th prince like her, but xiyao forgave her and they’re cooler

nothing really, HLMM cant do anything because the 6th prince fiercely protect xy, and she’s not smart enough to directly go against xy

3. pokapoka

pokapoka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! MTL is frying my brain and I get confused in some parts!

Lola. likes this.
  4. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried MTLing it too but the site I was using stopped at ch 130 or smth?? Where did you read it?

5. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here https://www.69shu.com/17118/

SweetShireen likes this.
  6. Honefuusen

Honefuusen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That part where MC defended herself in front of the clan assembly is my favorite. Such a cool sister d=(´▽`)=b

7. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What clan assembly? Can you spoil what happens?

Sasakira likes this.
  8. Honefuusen

Honefuusen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read MTL too, so it was kinda wacky, lol.
    Anyway, MC n ML comes to a celebration in the imperial palace, at the imperial palace, in front of the members of imperial family and the courtiers, person from the first Prince faction made a scheme and used a respected monk (?) from a reputed temple accuse MC of having birth characters that is ill omen and will bring destruction to the nation. They made the favored consort of the emperor at the time suddenly faint and won't wake up and made it so that the investigation result will lead to that conclusion.

This period of time is particularly superstitious, so it was guaranteed method to have MC killed, which will be a big blow to ML.

MC was calm and together with ML convinced the Emperor to hold the clan assembly in 3 days to determine if the accusations towards MC is true. The emperor agreed. I'm not sure if the word clan assembly is the right word, it's when all core figure and families of the imperial clan is present, even the ones not involved in politic, as well as all courtiers to pass judgement on a case involving imperial family I think.

at the clan assembly, ML asked an uncle of his to be a mediator. in the end, MC proved that her birth characters is not an ill omen, the monk was lying, it was a conspiracy. Her birth characters was the same with a respected princess/ female general from the imperial family and was a hero to the nation so like, if her birth characters are bad does that mean that princess os also bad? And she related it with the upcoming wars in the borders and have the perpetrator and his nine generation executed.

In short, everyone was dazzled by her brilliance.

9. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you to all of the people that have MTLed this novel and given spoilers! I've become relatively used to the garbled nonsense that is MTL, but this book...is something else lol. I've tried twice!?, but gave up both times after coming to terms with the fact that I understood less than 50% of what I'd read lmao!! Instead of being utterly confused, I'll just wait for the translator to update, a HUGE shoutout to the translator as well for doing an amazing job!! :D

One thing that I am really curious about though is when does the FL actually fall for the ML, because she's kinda keeping her feelings under lock & key ATM?? Is there a specific moment that triggers the exchanging of "I love you's"?? Spoilers appreciated for any romantic/cute moment between the leads honestly. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Renuka1 likes this.
  10. WB

WB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the MC never really expressed her love for the ML. However, there was one particular scene that made me believe she was truly in love with him. That was years after the ML became the Emperor. While he gradually became older, the MC was still as beautiful and young looking as before (due to the spiritual pills). In order to keep himself young looking, he started to use various pills which gradually took a toll on his health. Eventually, he fell seriously sick. At the critical moment, the MC used her only life-preserving pill she had to save the ML. This one particular move proved me that MC, indeed, loved ML. For someone as rationale and cool-headed as MC (who doesn't hold love in high regard), giving up on the only pill that was basically her ultimate triumph card, if this isn't counted as love then I truly don't know what is.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  11. ming1290

ming1290 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Any more spoilers? :aww::aww::aww:
    Any random funny or sweet scenes from the novel?

I tried MTL a few times as well but I cannot understand it so I had to give up. :blobcry:

12. Iamjina

Iamjina Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me in what chapter she gave birth to her 2nd son? Spoilers about their children please?

13. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me add some more, but apologize if there is inaccuracies

this was after the 6th highness already become the emperor, basically MC is having a bad relationship with the ML’s concubine mother, so much that after an attempt to shove a certain lady into the harem failed, the CM threatened to send the lady to MC’s brother to ruin him. This made MC realize that this was the reason the emperor was so troubled. MC confronted the CM and basically ripped her apart, while doing so she unconsciously spilled her feeling for the emperor. The emperor who was watching her tirade silently on the side was so happy, because he never heard her say her true feeling out loud

14. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the couple have 4 children, 1st, 2nd and 4th are princes while the 3rd is a princess whom the ML doted so much

15. Jade_xx

Jade_xx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the mc have a bad relationship with the concubine mother?

16. Jaikly

Jaikly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was mostly about control and ego. MC was the only one being graced by the ML and his Consort Mother bought into the stupidity of "fairly raining" his back palace; mostly because her own life was spent fighting in the back palace and she grew to resent MC for MC's stability. MC had more power than any other female in the back palace including CM. CM grew resentful of MC's closeness with her son and better life in the back palace, then the one she had, it made her bitter, childish, and easy for others to sway against MC.

17. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is hard, there was a mistranslation. The person who dealt with the main wife were female guards, not any male. Plus, I can see where the ML is coming from, not sleeping with her. He wants the main wife to believe she had some favor but the ML also wants MC's heart and had an inkling that if he slept with someone else, the MC would close her heart. Plus, I don't think he wanted to marry a main wife other than MC, but couldn't because it'd blatantly go against customs and make the emperor and his mom mad.

18. ming1290

ming1290 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanna say thank you. Any spoilers is welcome haha.
    Keeps me motivated to continue waiting for the translations. :LOL::LOL:

Lola. likes this.
  19. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that's pretty much what went down. The girl who is main wife was a useless wuss (her own father despairs of her brains), but supposedly easily impressionable? And ML was looking for a doormat main wife so he could go on having a lovey-dovey life with MC in peace, but unfortunately this doesn't work out according to plan.

ML never sleeps with the main wife girl and as far as I know, she's never raped either. ML at most feels her up a little then drugs her (with what assume is some hallucinogenic) so she thinks she slept with him. As Jimmy mentions, this is supposed to make her feel like she's actually the main wife so she doesn't nitpick ML favoring MC -- but again, this doesn't work out. Eventually the doormat feels like ML's hers and starts plotting with the other concubines to oust MC. And ML can't wiggle out of marriages that the Emperor commands, not if he doesn't want to be heavily punished/lose his chance at the throne, so he's helpless on this front.

Much later on, they go to some temple and a fortune-telling monk declares that main wife and MC both have 'phoenix' fortunes, meaning they are destined to be Empress. This is a big thing, which means either they were supposed to be married to current Emperor (eww) or that ML (6th prince) is destined to become Emperor. Then having 2 women with 'phoenix' destiny is further confusing everything because Emperor only supposed to have 1 Empress -- so if MC has a phoenix destiny too, doesn't that mean that doormat main wife is going to die or get pushed down from position? So this alarms doormat main wife and harem drama continues......

But yeah, endgame is still ML and MC as Emperor and Empress. I skipped ahead so I have no idea what ends up happening to the doormat main wife.

Assassin997, Aquaa, RBJ and 4 others like this.
  20. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the end she died as an empress. a lonely one with only an empty title. She had repeatedly try to get rid of MC, albeit failed, thus making the ML despised her. Her effort to get pregnant by eating amniotic cords (correct me if I’m wrong) also made her health worse

MC was scared that ML would turn against her sons (the 1st and 2nd) if anything were to happen in the future, and said they are the meat that fell from my body, please be nice to them. So the ML just laughed it out saying that they are his sons too, why would he not love them. Of course this is due to how ML was in the past life,not caring about his children to the point that he never even hug or carry them. Which is so different from the present ML, who personally took care of and always protect and later teach the boys