[Poll] You received the ability to genderbend others...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Sep 29, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you ever consider dating someone who was magically genderbent?

1. I'm male - Absolutely yes!

6 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. I'm male - Probably yes

12 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. I'm male - Maybe yes

6 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. I'm male - Reluctantly yes?

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. I'm male - Reluctantly no?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - Maybe no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - Probably no

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  8. I'm male - Absolutely no!

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  9. I'm male - I'm unsure

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. I'm female - Absolutely yes!

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  11. I'm female - Probably yes

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  12. I'm female - Maybe yes

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  13. I'm female - Reluctantly yes?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - Reluctantly no?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - Probably no

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  16. I'm female - Absolutely no!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - I'm unsure

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  18. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    This poll is inspired entirely by @Tilgarial's overwhelming cuteness. :aww::aww::aww:

In 2010, many of @lychee's high school friends complained that their local high school was too small, consequently it was impossible to find anybody that was likable enough to date. Rather, all the attractive people seemed to go to a different high school, so maybe they should find their prom date from another school.

However... a certain conversation was particularly memorable:

Friend A: "I wish you were a man! If you were a guy, I would take you to prom!"

Friend B: "...But I'm not a man..."

Friend A: :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: "Too bad!"

Fast forward nine years into the future, and now the Magical Girl of Love and Justice suddenly granted you the ability to genderbend others into the opposite gender. You are unable to genderbend yourself, and the transformation is permanent. You can only cast the spell once per person.

You are unable to control the appearance of the transformation, and the target will gain their natural appearance as if they had been born as the opposite sex.

There is no cost to you using the ability, and honestly the Magical Girl just gave you the superpower as a product of her own whim.

...and to see if there would be any humans running around wrecking havoc changing peoples genders! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

You better hide if you don't want to be transformed! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

1. Would you ever use this ability? Are there any benefits to it?

2. Who would be the first people you try this ability on? (note: it is permanent!)

3. Are there any people that you feel like would be cuter as the other gender?

4. Would you view a friend that you magically genderbent more as their original gender or their new gender?

5. Could you date a same-sex friend who was genderbent?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if they're cute personality wise, no ass-scratching, farting slob. :blobpats:

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    If the transformation is permanent, I don’t see this being that useful an ability outside of helping trans people avoid hormone therapy and surgery. I wouldn’t ever want to use the ability against someone’s will, and probably the amount of people who’d be willing to be genderbent permanently is a good deal smaller than the amount who are curious and would try it out as a lark so long as they could change back.

I find question 3 irrelevant to whether I’d use the ability or not.

Question 4 and 5, I really don’t know.

4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Not related to OP's questions, but my own questions to make a decision with.
    1. Is it instant gender changes , slow changes or maybe overnight changes ?
    2. How is the public perception and knowledge of the changed people handled ? Is it actually nothing special other than it's known to happen to some people, and those people are somehow affected or is it more like the power also warps the public perception , memories and knowledge of those people to appear as if they were never their first gender ?
    3. Does anyone know that I can do it ?
    4. Similar to my 2, how do the affected people react to it ? Is it like 'oh, i'm the other gender now. What the hell am i going to do now?' or more like their minds / reality has been altered to never remember being their first gender ?
    Because if it's instant transformation, with no reality / information / mind alterations other than their gender, but everyone knew they were the other gender up 'til then, then probably no.

However, if reality alters with it, and history , memory and all those as well, and they never think of having been their first gender, then it's a possibility.

AMissingLinguist and Maid Chan like this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) No benefits for me, but I'd gladly use it in someone that wished to be genderbent while knowing the implications of it.

2) Nobody that didn't ask, it'd be horrible of me to genderbend someone without their consent.

3) I can think of one person~

4) New gender of course, it was their choice to make the change after all, so it only makes sense I treat them in the way they wish to be treated~

5) I'd have no problems with it~

lychee likes this.
  6. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I would use the ability on people who wanted to be changed, but only if I were legally able to do so, & only if I could legally charge them for the service (not just to make money, but using the fact that they were willing to fork out for it & the resultant contract as evidence of consent).

2) You say it's permanent, which is not the same thing as saying it's not reversible (as it's permanency implies it remains in effect without requiring any sort of maintenance, without precluding a repeat of the process reverting someone who has already been swapped from being swapped back). As such the 1st person I would try it on would be the 1st person I could legally do so (see above about consent, contracts, & fees).

3) Never really thought it about, nor can I think of anyone off the top of my head.

4) New gender (since the conversion is supposed to be into who they would've been if born of the other gender, rather than equivalent to current methods).

5) I could date someone who had their gender changed if I found their new form & personality attractive (& the attraction was mutual).

lychee and kkgoh like this.
  7. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a webcomic called El Goonish Shive that has this as a frequent plot topic. One of my favorite comics.

8. Tempest

Tempest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other than being useful for trans people, I am worried that if someone goes around and just uses it on a whim, its gonna result in a lot of trauma and people feeling like their body isn't their own.

lychee likes this.
  9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably date someone even if she turned into Male if I like her personality. but the girls around me are all too feminine for me to like as guys.

I would stand in front of someone to turn me into a guy so I can get rid of my womb and menstrual cycle

I do not know the merit of this superpower

10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Because people like them do need that genderbent :cautious: (and please don't confuse them with transvestites or gays) the two in the picture are dangerous and no magical girl can defeat them

11. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would find someone super-rich and use it to blackmail them. They wouldn't be able to prove their identity after they get changed and would know it.

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dating a gender bent person isn’t really a minus (it isn’t inherently a plus either) for me as long as they are consenting and things are worth a try.
    I wouldn’t force people to use it but I would actually open up my own practice to publicly have sex changes. After all, mine is flawless and requires no surgery and I could make a lot while charging less than the surgeries would cost, everyone wins. The only downside is of someone regrets it, but hey I have a no refunds and no altering a permanent magical sex change in the contract so no suing.

lychee and Moonpearl like this.
  15. Faetro

Faetro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm tired enough to answer this one, what with the better part of my judgement blunted by fatigue...

1) I would absolutely use this ability. Charge $$$ for those who can pay and want it, freely give it to those I chose to give it to, torment my foes by changing them in an unpredictable pattern. (If you've got it, flaunt it.)
    2) My first test subject would probably be some prominent female figure (political, entertainment, whatever) who uses their gender/identity as a weapon to further or shield their career/social agenda. The second would be a similar target, but male. This would be a good test case to see how badly it could damage a person, so I can judge how best to hurt others to the extent I desire and no further. (My mercy is boundless. Praise me.)
    3) Don't know, don't care. ( I think 'cute' should be reserved for kids, pets and young women, so I'm biased.)
    4) I wouldn't use this ability on friends. (If I HAD any, that is.)
    5) I don't date. (People have a poor cost-benefit ratio in my judgement.)

kkgoh likes this.
  16. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Translating this into reality: Would you date a transgender?

17. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you ever use this ability? Are there any benefits to it?
    Like most people are saying, I'd only use it to help trans people. I'd be tempted to use it on sexists, but... That's a dark thought I'll have to suppress.

2. Who would be the first people you try this ability on? (note: it is permanent!)
    I'd offer it to one of my trans loved ones - making sure they knew it might backfire because it's untested, though.

3. Are there any people that you feel like would be cuter as the other gender?
    I don't really know. I think most guys might make for pretty good women... But who can know before you change them?

4. Would you view a friend that you magically genderbent more as their original gender or their new gender?
    The gender they identify as.

5. Could you date a same-sex friend who was genderbent?
    That depends? I prefer women over men. If they were genderbent but still identified as a woman... My feelings towards them wouldn't change, so it would depend whether or not I wanted to date them.

lychee and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobowoevil_horns: hello? are you a feminist? *poof* :blob_sunglasses:

20. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely yes. Because I can make big bucks from people who wanna change their gender :blob_sunglasses::blobrofl:

kkgoh likes this.