TV Rick and Morty Season 4

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by kkgoh, Sep 29, 2019.

1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    let this series die and stay dead, after the meme fiasco shit all good feelings i had towards this show dissipated. Let it rest in peace, also dan harbitch has more creative control than justin roiland so this season is gonna be shit anyways. I only direct you to season 3 for evidence.

kkgoh likes this.
  3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Googled, couldn't really find a meme fiasco.

These were the closest I found, which isn't so much a critique of the show as it is blasting the fans (I can see where the fans take it a little too far). But I'm not sure what fans' behavior has anything to do with the show though, didn't see it promote any misogynistic behavior.
    https://www.newsweek.com/whats-wrong-rick-and-morty-fans-how-adult-swim-nerds-became-meme-824581
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/2017-year-rick-morty-meme/
    Guess there are plenty of shows out that were hijacked by fans. For a moment I thought you were saying that the creators posted some bad meme, or encouraged bad behavior (e.g. English football hooliganism).

Haters gonna hate, no worries.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the attraction? Family Guy is also popular but I found the humor to be toilet humor and crude

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    kkgoh likes this.
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nihilistic, philosophical, sci-fi related, thought-provoking humor always interests me. And Rick as the titular scientific genius with a messed up personality and terrible moral-values was fun to watch.
    That's also why I liked Futurama a lot (more than the Simpsons even during it's best seasons). It's the reverse of Ricky and Morty, where Fry is a lovable idiot and everyone else around him was smarter.

Family Guy gets pretty boring once the toilet humor wears off. It's the equivalent of fart jokes when you were a kid. After awhile it gets stupid.

Always felt Rick and Morty to be quite accessible for everybody. So I'm a little surprised there's actually a group of elitist fans out there that @Mazino pointed out. A lot of the people I know that enjoy Rick and Morty come from all walks of life.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha there are elitist fans everywhere. The most ridiculous are the anime fans who believe that you can only support the author by purchasing
    the raws instead of paying for licensed/localized versions
    Import or go home
    https://ask.fm/ANNZac/answers/124947950281
    [​IMG]

kkgoh likes this.