help. Any English Major out there? I need some input about my research proposal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lolistalker, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the input, I did consider that at first but that is not what I wanted to achieve with my research, I probably however might change the novel into movie because as you mentioned, it is closer to each other as both are multimodal stories, but the use of my comparison is just to highlight this new form of media called video game and its element and not for a direct comparison, so yea

2. Lolistalker

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you, I have tried to look at my school database but it is difficult to find anything related to video games as it is a new media, or hell, any research related to storytelling. if you have the free time then I always welcome the help

Most of the research paper is either translation or linguistic with few literary research, at least the one I've read so far, I might not have search hard enough so yea, I will take my time

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just try to avoid "trendy" stuff lol. It has a limited shelf life and it makes you look shallow.
    Can you imagine how interested your Professor would be if he was 70 years old and never played a computer game in his life? The name "Witcher 3" won't even show up in his interest radar lol. And imagine 30 years down the road. "Who even looks up Witcher 3 when we got Witcher 18?" lol. Specifics have very limited shelflife, just imagine if someone based his paper on Civ 1. Who will even look it up or read it today?

Keep it general for more reader interest.
    BTW, speaking as someone who does not follow the Witcher series, wasn't it a Russian game?

4. Lolistalker

Reading List:
    Link
    I will take a note
    And The Witcher 3 is made by a Poland studio CD Projekt but I'm pretty sure it was made with English as its intended language though you can change it into several other language in the option. Researching the different translation would be interesting but sadly although I do speak multiple languages it is not within the Wither 3 language option

5. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try get the idea out of gaming YouTube channel that has really good reviews, cutting the game mechanics and lots of other stuff. I think the content for Witcher wild hunt is a lot out there
    Even in scientific journals

6. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can say the same about any other platform--even stackexchange has its number of useless posts. You don't need the advice of many, but rather the insight of a few.

7. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can attest to that. There are also posts that kinda answer your question but require you to be the level of the responder. The lingo and terminology they used that may or not be understood by laypeople.

8. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? No homework. >_> Forum Rules. <_<

9. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Also no necro-ing threads older than 3 months!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.