Discussion Second chance but with one condition?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Read the contract before you sign!

1. Confirm

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. Deny

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you be willing to have a second chance in life with benefits at a certain price? The price is your freedom to die.
    1. Each time you sleep, your consciousness will enter another world's dungeon and live as a monster spawned inside there.
    2. The form you take varies on the amount of souls you consumed, and you acquiring souls will empower your abilities as a monster in the dungeon.
    3. Know that acquiring souls can only be through killing invaders of a dungeon and you are not allowed to assist invaders in clearing the dungeon.
    4. Killing your fellow monsters will offer you no souls, since every monster are under all the same contract.
    5. Of course, if you get killed, you will spawn back to life in your initial summoning location as a monster alongside half of your souls kept. Know that the process of spawning back to life is painful as you will technically disintegrate to wisps and reform as your current monster again.
    6. You can only return to your human body, after fulfilling your duties as a monster in each floor.
    7. The monster you become can be from the lowest ranks to the highest, and possibly the dungeon master if you are hardworking enough to get there. You can also choose to exchange the amount of souls for something, but it should not affect your home world as much as possible.
    8. The only penalty of failing your duty as a monster inside the dungeon is the draining of your human memories, and should you fail countless times. Your humanity will case and you will become mindless monster like the rest of the majority of inside the dungeon.
    To clarify certain things about the contract:
    1. Time moves differently when you sleep and inside the dungeon. Even if you take years inside the dungeon, because back in your home world, time barely moves forward.
    2. Of course, if you lose your humanity inside the dungeon, you will simply die in your sleep instantly.
    3. Fulfilling your duties varies on what floor you are in and what monster you become. Monster formation can be chosen at a certain souls amount, but initially, you will start as a grunt monster.
    4. There are no restrictions other than failing your duty as a monster and trying to leave or enter an unfulfilled floor's mission (duty). If you attempt to leave or enter unclear floor's, you will lose souls alongside with your human memories.
    5. There are loopholes in interacting with invaders inside the dungeon, but that's up to you what they are. There are also loopholes on souls taken or kept with fellow monsters.
    6. Morals and ethics are orc-shit inside the dungeon. You can be anything you want in that floor or floors you fulfilled.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. The Stalker

The Stalker devoted stalker

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be a good monster~
    waiting for adventurers to fall asleep

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah sure why not? what is freedom to die is anyway? life expectancy is just is a statistical measure, no one knows when they might die and go to an isekai, no one knows when they will meet that truck kun or something like that, therefore why not?

4. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    No Skill Selection or Skill Aquisition from fallen enemies by default? No thanks, that's too disadvantageous for me. Trust me, Skill Aquisition from enemies is necessary when the further you evovle, the more dangerous the enemies by the multiplier. And aslo, there would be a 60% chance i met some Endgame enemies that came out of nowhere after a certain number of enemies is consumed( ussually 3-4) and at any case, fellow monster rarely with me on this endavor so nope, not gonna sign this sh!t. Aslo ASLO, UNLESS i outright killing them, there is no benefit for me as kill assit, or even share XP base on contribution on single enemies, so this encourage kill steal & discourage teamwork. And if i have XP sharing system, i could form a cluster of monsters fellas that after they revived, they still got something for contributing in group effort of fending off enemies invasion wave. So this contract have fatal flaws, which i'm ain't gonna sign this unless this is the last thing i HAVE TO.
    Reincranation with a system with minimal penalty is better than this. This is High risk, high reward, and if you on the short end of this, you're done 4 m8.
    =3=

5. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? A Monster Who Levels up? :hmm:

6. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it doesn't need to be a human, so... You bet I'll be killing insects coming inside.

[​IMG]

Enigma likes this.
  7. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobthinkingsmirk:

Still, you need to kill them to acquire souls. Adventurers are not the only invaders to have souls to take.
    I hope you enjoy your stay in both worlds as human and monster.
    You can obtain something similar like skills as abilities when you consume enough souls for trade inside the dungeon. The abilities may or may not be used in your home world. Besides, why are you afraid to die when you're immortal? The dungeon is not heartless enough to send you to the hero party or some powerful invader right away.
    Nope, something else.

8. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you make a Mini-Game thread about this? Where everyone can post their own stories about evolving as a monster.

9. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, but anyone can use this as their next mini-game if they want. Just don't forget to @ who started the idea.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  10. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Right then~

11. sealteam14

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, read it again, i'm pretty sure the short end of this is servere, as i can see worst case scenario. Some even outright kill you for their own benefit. And PK'er just simply kill you out of the game, knowing everytime you die, you lost half of your credits and NO F*CKIN WAY you can fufill your duty, knowing your allies can sabotage it in a single backstab.
    Bruh, this sh!t full of loophole.
    =3=

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  12. The Stalker

The Stalker devoted stalker

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp killing sleeping peoples is easier~
    How~what else?

13. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah sure sounds like it could be fun and not at all a torturous experience ~

14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    You're a monster, be a monster. Blame your self for lacking the monstrous will to trample over other monsters or invaders. Lie. Steal. Kill. Torture. Violate. There is nothing to stop you except a stronger monster or smart crowd of monsters. Fret not, you will be busy fighting invaders instead of conspiring with or against fellow monsters. Some duties bind monsters from no harming another.
    Invaders can be anything or anyone, as long their not from inside the dungeon. Even killing small creatures that came in will grant you a small soul of one. If you're gusty enough, you can converse with invaders, but you still have to kill them. Though how much you kill depends on your monster duty on that floor. Not all duties require killing, some need violating, stealing, lying, saving, or even just defending.
    It is fun if you're not bound by modern ethics and morality. Then again, you can also be a friendly monster who only kills bad (moral alignment) invaders, but your pick, your poison~

15. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    question. . . .
    what if I am not the last hit but dealt a certain amount of damage against the invader. . .
    will that count as mine?
    or if I last hit one, or did a preemptive strike but got the other monster to finish it?
    what if I used a trap, will it count as mine?

16. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:
    ME! ME! COUNT ME INNNNNN!
    Depending on how you look at it, it might be a more ralistic contract that isekai reincarnation where the plot armor is so thick that the protag can't die. Besides, thos contract gives you a surefire way staying alive so you can learn and act.
    In some ways it is better than skill absorption/predation as you can even get things you cannot predate on for a right price. But the bad thing is you have to pay the price unlike the coincidences in novels where a skill is useless for original owner but becomes amazing as soon as you get your hands on it.

17. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    How awfully Goblin of you @Zheya

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Sharing souls is possible, but the method of acquiring them can only be through killing them. You have to be the cause of their death to acquire their soul. If a monster steals your kill, then kill the monster to steal their acquired souls. Remember, monsters do not offer souls.
    Welcome, fellow monster! Whatever lifestyle you choose, dungeon cares not, just fulfill your duty and you can enjoy both worlds in their fullest. You can even level up properly and likely kill hero or demon lord level invaders, and obtain time abilities to use in your home world. Do remember, you can't go beyond your role as a monster or dungeon master (who you may overtake by coercion or force).
    Souka.

19. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No..lemme die peacefully

abewan likes this.
  20. sealteam14

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, i'm rather off with my System, it's more effective that way that your contribute, no matter how small, still aid for the growth of your colonies as a whole. Enemies, no matter how strong, still fall under countless incoming wave of bodies throw at them. That aslo the reason of "horde of zombies" exist and zombie wave... no wait, Swarm wave tactic exist in the 1st place. Duh. If your power is insufficent, use numbers. It's always work. You don't worry even if you die since you'll respawn again without penalty and continue fighting until enemies gave up or die out. That's my idea of swarm cluster wave assault. Your idea won't work if you try to createca dungeon. It basicly last stand. Even wild animals know strengh in number, your idea just thow this ouf of the window. Without the above concept, there would be no higher evovle to begin with & we'll stuck as microbes, try to kill each other without knowing large microbes colonies is lurking and await we fall into their killzone.
    =3=