Discussion No to Netorare

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ZhypherMU, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ZhypherMU

ZhypherMU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but when I read novels I get disgusted when I stumbles a plot about the MC's women getting stolen or simply cheating (Netorare) even a little bit resulting me in stopping it from reading ~ But I find it satisfying when the MC steals other men's women (Netorate) •-• Dunno if I'm just being a hypocrite :v

2. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you are.

3. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you also happen to feel depressed when a main character in the story is murdered or killed, but for some reason you feel happy if a villain is killed?

We're all a bunch of fucking hipocrates man.

4. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For this I will repeat what I said on another discussion. „I prefer to kick a trex in the Butt only to get eaten, then to get something like that.“

5. Art Of Throwing

Art Of Throwing Spare me

Reading List:
    Link
    well maybe you tend to imagine that you are the mc that's why you are disapproving netorare but approves netori.

6. anormrobot

anormrobot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No to Netorare, Yes to Netori. We all are hypocritical to villains and love our protagonist. No name mobs should just become exp. :cookie:

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, this is normal, which is why I can easily change my perspectives to fit to my tastes. Always find a point of enjoyment, if you can't find one, skip the work then.

8. JagerGodhand

JagerGodhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s ok bro, deep inside every person is an ugly bastard lurking.

9. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually the girl who is stolen from the mc or the guy the mc steals the girl from are depicted as bad people.

You feel disgusted by netorare because the girl is fickle and doesn't care about MC's feelings.

You feel satisfied by netori because the MC is taking the girl away from a bad guy.

(There's also just the fact you are relating to the MC as well like other people have said)

10. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there even a Novel with real Netorare or Netori? like a Side-Character who is in Love with his wife and his wife loves him too, then MC comes and seduces the Wife and she goes to the MC and leaves her Husband? In most novels where there is Netorare tag, it's either the MC is geting Provoked and hurt of the "Husband" and steals his "Wife" but said wife doesn't care she never loved said "Husband" or the other case MC is taking revenge on the "Husband"s Clan/Familie and sees the Poor "Wife" who is mistreated (Only stays with him due her Familie is Shit and sold her for Benefits with said Clan/Familie) and leaves with MC under his protection (And love ;)) or she only stays with said "Husband" cause she hates her "Husband" and waits for a chance to kill or take something back from him.

11. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Netori* also it's kind of hypocritical but these stories are for us to escape reality so it's understandable

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    There are, some of the ones I know:
    Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi
    Sougen no Okite ~Shii Yatsu ga Moteru, Ii Buzoku ni Umarekawatta zo~
    Inside the Cave of Obscenity

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    What is netorate? How is it spelled in Japanese? Ai-chan only knows of netorare, netori and netoraserarete. A quick google search says it's a place to discuss anime and manga.

15. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Reality isn't so bad to escape from it. It is just not so fun and interesting compared to fiction. In reality, you can't kill bad people, have superpowers or date cute and innocent princesses. Netorare, on the contrary, is very realistic - almost anyone was once dumped by a girl or cheated on which isn't much different anyway. I assume that most ntr-haters are those who want to run away from the reality that girls are often promiscuous and rarely loyal.

16. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you not know if it's being hypocritical? Just read what you wrote again and it fits the definition perfectly. It's not necessarily a bad thing, a lot of men are like this when it comes to cheating and I'd say, humans, in general, are hypocrites in one way or another.

If you ask anyone down the street what they think of cheating, a majority of people will say they're against it yet why do statistics show that a large portion of us will cheat or be cheated on at some point in life? Humans are weird tbh

ATrueStory likes this.