Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of curiosity, does Rashta ever even get near to becoming empress? Navier was divorced to make way for that, but it seems that directly afterwards Stupidshoe gets obsessive over her, followed by him starting to realize how petty and conniving Rashta really is. Obviously the general populace could guess his initial intentions, but no one's mentioned him sharing this plan with anyone other than Rashta. Does he ever present it to the council or his aids, or can he just stay quiet and pretend like he never intended for Rashta to have the crown?

syofiaa likes this.
  2. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He does marry her, and she does become empress.
    But his attention for her goes down the drain, and Rashta's incompetence shines blindingly into the night like a dropped torch, setting the kingdom ablaze.
    :blobneutral::sweating_profusely::blobpopcorn_cool::blobwhistle:

Also, brief spoilers for most recent chap:
    - the empress, like a school girl, is too embarassed to look heinley in the eyes after seeing him naked. He seems miffed with this, since he doesn't know why, thinks she's mad with him.
    - the empress would like to do the trade deal stupid shoe flumped because blah blah navier fucking foriegners (soon to be a reality) - Heinley listens
    - rashta pov was here. I couldn't care less to recall it. Something about Ergi being mad and Rashta wanting to hurry up and get married.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Mi shiru, Boopbup, Amanda16 and 31 others like this.
  3. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh truly Ice Queen that Heinley saw in her <3
    I hope Sovieshu will not cause any more headaches to our queen

4. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....I can't wait for the translation to get to how cool Navier was.

...err, I wasn't trying to make a pun.

5. Loli000

Loli000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Opinion : Young Sovieshu doesnt deserve this.

Why would the author do this, i feel bad for this Sovieshu now, bc he obv still likes/loves Navier back then and gosh to have that put upon him makes me sad.

6. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh...thank you again for spoilers!! ^__^

So just to clarify, both of Rashta's children
    were fathered by Allen? Has Rashta's face been scarred already?
    If Allen is still with Rashta, after all this, kudos to this guy but I think, he can certainly do better, much better.

Also, I don't care if the author goes down the memory loss route - if adult, mature Sovieshu was that dumb, I'm not holding much hope for the "younger but not really" version either. As evidenced by him wanting to meet Navier, despite knowing the story. It feels to me like Sovieshu's memory loss is more because he wants to trigger a reset instead of facing up to his actions. He may call his "older self" idiotic, but somehow this feels flat as really he should be holding himself accountable. I feel if the author wanted to make his character sympathetic, she could have chosen a different route instead of the memory loss. I somehow can't shake off the feeling that doing this is more to absolve Sovieshu of his own faults. Also, does Sovieshu know that Navier is pregnant with Heinley's child(ren)?

I wonder what the author has in store for Sovieshu's character and how the novel will proceed. I'm hoping Navier doesn't end up "remarrying again and again" ^^;;
    Once again, thanks to all for the spoilers! :)

AshleyMac1023, mmem, syofiaa and 12 others like this.
  7. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I don't like memory loss route eather. I mean even if Sovieshu's memory reset to moment he borns I can't forgive or forget his stupitdity.
    This memory loss happens just because he can't face with his mistakes. He regrets so choose to forget every mistake he made. He just running away from reality. If he loves Navier he should let her go and live her life but no he wants to see her because he still think he can get back Navier. He doesn't think how Navier feelt in last years, he thinks their happy moments maybe when he see and talk with her she will forgive him? Yeah, in your dreams Stupitshu. I always said this guy just a overgrown child and look we see.

8. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, agreed. That is such incredibly conveniently-timed amnesia that my first thought was also that Sovieshu himself was responsible for it, either through magic or just good old-fashioned self-suggestion. More importantly though, what does this mean for his country? We have an empire that went from having a stable and obviously competent government to being left in shambles: in the space of about a year, the emperor had already managed to lose two empresses, the support of some pretty major nobles and the goodwill of the general population, and now he has lost his memory too?

...On second thoughts, maybe Elgy is behind the memory loss. What's he up to now that he's (presumably) finished with using Rashta? Speaking of Rashta, what happened to her maid? The one who first pretended to be Heinley's letter friend? It sort of worries me that she seems to have disappeared after that.

I can't say I'm thrilled about Navier being able to use magic. That brings her dangerously close to OP Mary Sue territory to my mind. But the author has done a fantastic job of crafting all her characters so far, so I'll trust her on this one.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt Allen the slave owners son? It wasnt really consensual at all I'm the first place.

Taruna, Chenqing, mmem and 1 other person like this.
  10. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I'm willing to trust the author too, but more because:
    • Navier's made out to be a great Empress (maybe even in all history), so she's probably good at ton of things other than just paperwork and diplomacy. We're only beginning to see some of the other things she's good at.
    • If Heinley can transform into a bird, it might actually be a more magic-centric world than we know. After all, Navier's not like Trashta and knows better than to start spearing people with icicles on a whim. And then there's that magic ring in the recently translated chapters.
    • Waiting to see if the author introduces more magic to the plot, because Navier's ice magic would only really make sense (IMO) if magic's a common-ish thing.

11. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AHH!! I'll have to check back on that. It was my understanding the relationship was mutual with Rashta aspiring to have a better life as Allen's wife. the blackmailing Viscount - isn't he Allen's father? I thought he didn't want that - I have to reread as I have missed some of the chapters.

12. Horror_coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    WHY IS NAVIER SO TALANTED.......
    i wish we knew whether she had her babies or not yet, rip

QueenSara and Ziaoi like this.
  13. Ziaoi

Ziaoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I did MTL the novel, and it’s pretty decent. Maybe Korean doesn’t have very structured grammar like Chinese, so it’s pretty easy to read.

The current translation available in novelupdates is said to be chapter 63, but in reality of the raw it has just reach chapter 33. The current raw has already reach chapter 94, where Navier and Henley are preparing for their wedding. She got divorced in chapter 82 - 83 in raw, so I don’t know how many chapters it would take the translator to reach this.

I will spoil in short description after the latest translation’s update, just basically the plot.
    So, under the influence of Viscount Roteschu and Duke Elgy, Trashta will soon spread bad rumors for Duchess Tuania so her husband will divorce her. She wants to create a big wave of gossip, so that everyone would forgot her origin status of runaway slave. She exposed Duchess Tuania’s past relationship and true love, and the Duke is adamant to divorce her. It was fine until Duchess Tuania’s true love learn it’s all instigated by Trashta, and thus in the middle of muddle-headedness, stabbed Trashta in the stomach in the middle of a ball.

Sovieshu, who is just start wanting to have peaceful relationship with Navier and flirt with her, suddenly left her for Trashta in the ball. There is a lot of blood and he’s panicking. Later on, the imperial physician was called and it was confirmed that Trashta is pregnant.

Soveishu was either happy or sad with the pregnancy, but there is a joy in his eyes that Navier aches. It’s obvious he’s happy because he’s been long waiting for the existence of a child. Meanwhile, Henley’s father is in the brink of deathbed and call him back to the West Kingdom. He still send messages to Navier with the blue feathered bird that will later known as McKenna. He can transform to bird too!

Duchess Tuania’s true love (sorry I forgot his name), was later charged with “attempted murder to the Emperor’s child” and was sentenced with execution. Duchess Tuania ran to Navier for help, not caring about her divorce at all and beg her to save him. Navier went to Sovieshu, who just taint her to be “heartless” for wanting to change the punishment from execution to banishment, when it’s HIS child who is in danger. (I gagged)

Later on, Sovieshu kinda push Navier in his agenda ‘accept-Trashta’s-baby-as-yours’ because babies born from concubine cannot have a status as prince or princess. Navier said she will never accept it because it’s not her baby. Sovieshu said things like, “You’re the empress, she’s just a concubine, in the end this baby is also yours.” “The baby’s mine, yours and Trashta’s.” “We’re one family.” and that whole crap.

His advisors was like, “You cannot force her to accept it, it’s really not her baby. What if one day she’s pregnant? What’s so wrong with concubine’s children not having status when you can still got legal children from the empress?”

But Soveishu was convinced and determined to the point I hate hate hate him so much. Henley, who is away, still sent messages via blue feathered bird that he introduced to Navier, and later was actually McKenna. Deeply ache for her, he’s sending messages to Duke Elgy, hint him to create more troubles so Soveishu would divorce Navier. At this point I don’t like that he was so obsessed to have Navier that he would ruin her happiness, it gives me goosebumps.

Duke Elgy taints Trashta more and more. During the baby shower, Navier gives her a very beautiful sword, yet he said that the sword is only just a decoration and not sturdy, hinting that the Empress looks down on her. Trashta’s greed become more and more, she’s throwing a fit when Soveishu said her children cannot be acknowledge with royal status, and thus Duke Elgy said something like, “To save your children, you need to become the Empress instead.” Trashta was full of hate towards the Empress. Duke Elgy even said, to be able to do that, she has to become like the Empress. So she followed and copy the Empress so much, that during a ball she’s wearing the exact same red dress with the Empress.

Navier’s brother, Koshar, was so mad about the whole situation. He just got back from a mission somewhere, and was on visit to the Palace, when Trashta came to taint Navier. He was mad and scolding her, but then Trashta create a scene and ‘fall’, screaming her belly hurts. She said to Soveishu, who refused to hear anyone but her, that Koshar pushed her. Sovieshu was mad af, and banned him from entering the palace.

Koshar and Navier’s father were upset. Koshar even wants to go as far as putting abortion pills in her food. But not long after saying that, the incident happen. Soveishu found abortion pills in Trasta’s food and imprisoned Koshar. Navier was really confused about the whole situation and went to investigate. (But I wasn’t really clear on this part, I think maybe Koshar really done it, because Navier found something when she investigates, but I’m not sure. Either way, I kinda support him)

Soveishu, later on, start catching up on Trashta’s lies. Duke Elgy threats Viscount Roteschu to obtain Trashta’s slave certificate. Soveishu was aware that Trashta have abandoned a baby, was scheming Duchess Tuania’s divorce, and so on and so on. He hates her for the lies, but he wants her baby.

Why is he so desperate for babies? Turns out, when he was still the crown prince, he and Navier was eating cookies in the former Empress’ place (his mother). The former Empress was kinda panic when she saw Sovieshu returns with empty tray of cookies, later said that the cookies can make a person infertile. She asked Sovieshu if he ate it with Navier, but to protect Navier (he wants her to become his Empress), he said he’s the only one who did. So, even after long years of marriage between the two, he was never expect to have children with Navier. He thought both of them have become infertile and she never got pregnant either.

But things change when he heard the news of Trashta’s pregnancy, somehow proofing that maybe the cookies didn’t affect him and it’s Navier who is unable to get pregnant. So he wants Navier to adopt the child, so he will have an heir. Because he is so damn sure Navier is infertile.

But since Navier was strong-headed, he needs to change his plan. He knew Trashta is a shrew. So to save the place for his heir, he will divorce Navier and put Trashta as the Empress until the child is steady enough (1-2 years). People would then see Trashta’s inability to be the Empress after those 1-2 years, then he can reinstate Navier as the Empress again. That way, he can save both his Empress and child. If Trashta refused to be deposed, he will expose everything about Trashta and move her out of the picture. (Are you crazy?!)

His advisor was like, “Don’t do that! Are you crazy?!” but like I said, he is so damn sure that Navier is infertile. His advisor wants him to discuss this plan with the Empress, but who is Sovieshu? A heartless, selfish son of a bitch he is! At this point I suspected that actually Soveishu is infertile, and the child in Trashta’s womb is actually Allen’s (Viscount Roteschu’s son) who is also the father of her abandoned child. Allen will come to the picture during all these chapters, looking at Trashta with all regrets and those lovey-dovey eyes. Soveishu is wearing a really big green hat, I’m convinced lol.

Soveishu start digging evidence on Trashta, like looking her slave certificate. He ask Viscount Roteschu, who said the slave certificate is gone. Because Navier in his mind is this crazy jealous wife, he order to search her bedroom, he suspects the slave certificate is with her because she hates Trashta so much right? Instead of found any actual evidence, he confiscated her exchanged letters with Henley’s. Brimming with jealousy, he burn each letters in front of Navier and later said he will shoot every bird that flies to her room. She cannot send anymore letters!

One day, Navier saw some blood and blue feathers on her balcony, and then the maids ask to come inside to “deliver Emperor’s present”. It was a roasted bird meat with blue feathers, she was so shocked that she fainted right away. When she woke up, Sovieshu was on her bed and apologized, realizing he’s gone too far. He said the bird is not the actual blue feathered bird, he just wants to warn her. Navier was really upset. The next day, Sovieshu sent her a cage with blue feathered bird inside so she could raise it as pet, as an apology. She returns it back, but Trashta saw it. She took the bird with her and pluck all its feathers. When Sovieshu came to check on her, he ask about the bird and she’s lying by saying the empress returns it in such bad condition that she took pity and wanted to raise it herself. At this point, Sovieshu was not mad as she predicted, so she was disappointed. (He saw through your lies, bitch!)

But McKenna the Blue Feathered Bird is really got shot with an arrow, but luckily Duke Elgy saved him.

Navier is the perfect Empress, so Sovieshu is having a hard time on finding reason to divorce her. In the end he framed Koshar for everything bad happened to Trashta. Navier was brimming with rage and heard him saying to Trashta that he will make her the Empress. She was so disappointed and cry in her room. She start contemplating everything, she really loves her job as the Empress and done a good job on it. What is she without the Empress title? Now, she realized that she’s actually in love with her childhood friend, Soveishu. She loved him so much than she thought, and she was really disappointed and jealous when he bring back Trashta to the palace. She loved her husband and her title, and really keep a good job. But this is how Soveishu repay her? She resent him so bad, so she start to do an escape plan. She was very disappointed in Soveishu and just want to be done with it. So, she proposed to Henley. They plan everything, including the remarriage. [This is really heartbreaking, like I feel you Navier :”]

Moments before the divorce, Soveishu asked her to stay close, stand side by side with him even though they will not be together anymore. She was confused and just replied with irony, that a divorced couple will have their own way and she wish to go separate ways.

And dun dun dun! The divorce court! It was such a good scene, I think you might want to read it yourself. Soveishu is so mad that he wants to annul the remarriage. He blocks every route in the country so that Navier couldn’t escape from Eastern Kingdom. He regretted burning those letters of Henley’s, that he might able to find secret codes between them. Does Navier really loved Henley? Is her heart already his?

His advisor told him, that even there’s no way to annul the remarriage, he can cancel the divorce! Soveishu thinks if he really do that, then all of his efforts are for nothing. Trashta the Cannon Fodder came to him again, this time to exposed that the exchanged letters are really Navier’s, hinting that Navier has started “affair” long time ago, and she lied to him because she wants to protect the Empress. Soveishu long knew the lies, so he didn’t bother anymore. (See that two-faced bitch, Emperor?).

Navier and Henley actually can reach the West Kingdom with no harm, and start discussing everything together. Navier at this point didn’t realize Henley’s feelings, but in the latest chapters, she gradually realize that Henley is actually Queen the Bird. So their interaction become awkward and cute, as she’s aware she has kissed him so many times! They’re preparing for their wedding right now.

Actually there is another story about the love potion and Grand Duke Kapmen. He even offers her to runaway with him to his country, so she could escaped the bastard Soveishu. It was really cute.

You see, during all these chapters, Soveishu is super jealous towards all the guys that is close to Navier. Start with Henley, Grand Duke Kapmen, and Duke Elgy. He taints her about her “foreigner preferences” but never once Navier stepped out of line. Soveishu loves Navier, but unable to cherish her. He lack of understanding towards her feelings, and easily snared by that Trashta.

I like that even though Henley and Duke Elgy instigate Trashta to do stuff, it is actually not affecting Soveishu’s plan at all. Of course, Trashta have a new goal to be the empress, it’s fully on Soveishu that she’s becoming one right away. It was sad and ironic, because they ARE childhood friends right? Why is Soveishu so dumb? Why he didn’t believe her at all? I have a lot of whys.

I wonder if Navier got pregnant with Henley’s child, wouldn’t it a big slap on Soveishu’s face? Who is actually infertile? Is the child in Trashta’s womb really his? I can’t wait haha.

Since Henley is confirmed the Male Lead, I look forward for their future romance. I hope Navier can reach happiness this time. Wow it’s this long already. I hope you enjoy my spoilers! Haha XD

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  14. Ziaoi

Ziaoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than lamenting “he shouldn’t have met Rashta during hunting”, it’s more like he should’ve known to act better. I’ve read many transmigrated chinese novels, and most of the male lead have one thing in common; they respect the principal wife and not letting the concubine step on them. Sovieshu CAN take concubines, it’s all fine, but everything is a downhill when he ignore Rashta’s ignorant behavior (he likes her “purity” and “innocence” but like Navier have put it, Rashta’s actually just straight “rude” and “uncivilized”), believe 100% of what she said without further investigation, feign ignorance when she walk around Navier’s pavilion, allow her to come to formal parties (a concubine cannot attend official party, and walk around like she owned the place), and so on. He didn’t even know the basic formalities for his inner yard, how can it be peaceful? He regards Navier as the jealous wife, but he didn’t even realize that Rashta has abused Navier’s authority as the Empress so many fucking times.

He didn’t know better and that’s what he is!

15. Horror_coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers for 97
    :blobdizzy:
    OH MY GODS
    HOLY SHIT
    OK SO HEINLEY REVEALS HIMSELF AS QUEEN TO NAVIER AND SHES LIKE THATS NOT WHY IM MAD
    HE TRANSFORMED IN FRONT OF HER AND HIS CLOTHES ARE ON THE GROUND AND
    HE LEAVES AS QUEEN RIGHT
    MAID COMES IN
    SEES HIS CLOTHES ON GROUND AND HENLEY GONE
    ASSUMPTION IS
    THE KING LEFT NAKED OUT OF NAVIERS WINDOW FOR ??? REASONS LIKE HE WAS THAT SCARED OF NAVIER I AM DEAD I CANNOT BREATHE
    .... trashta interlude
    Navier talking with her bro interlude
    OK ANYWAY NAVIER DECIDES TO BE HONEST WITH HEINLEY SINCE HE TOLD HER THE TRUTH AND
    It goes like this
    "you may be surprised"
    "I can't sleep at night, worried i might be hated by you."
    Heinley is super emotional about this.
    Navier takes a deep breath, and responds as expressionless as possible.
    "I saw you naked."
    "!"
    "And it's difficult for me to look at you now.."
    "!"
    "Because everytime i see you, i think about it."
    "!"
    (Btw the ! Are literally heinley's replies. I... )
    AND THEN CHAPTER END
    IT WAS LIKE I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF SNORTING A LINE OF COKE AND THEN SOMEONE RIPPED MY FACE OFF THE TABLE
    IM DYING :blobsob:

16. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    HA
    HA
    *doesn't know whether to ROFL or hyperventilate in a cheerleading dance*

AnniePoo, Mi shiru and Horror_coffee like this.
  17. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what.

AshleyMac1023 likes this.
  18. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm like dying of laughter reading this.

19. Ziaoi

Ziaoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna join I wanna join!

If you want to know the details of Trashta and Sovieshu’s interlude;

So, Sovieshu and Trashta were lying on the bed. He was caressing her belly and sang a lullaby.

Trashta was like, “You sing really well.”

Sovieshu: “I learn it.”

And then Trashta was like oh, do nobles have to learn how to sing. Sovieshu said that it’s from social education class (but I’m not sure).

Trashta: “The baby will remember his father’s voice.” *insert me gagging*

And then some Marquis, Marquis Charles I presume, came and interrupted their moment. Sovieshu was kinda upset, because it’s not the right hour, but the maid said the Marquis will show him something important. Sovieshu was okay with it and Trashta kept clinging to him.

Trashta: “Do you really have to go?”

Sovieshu was like, well the Marquis wouldn’t disturb if it’s not important, duh.

Then he came up to the Marquis and said, “What’s up?”

Marquis: “Your majesty, you need to see this.”

And ta-da! He brings out the newspaper from the Western Kingdom. Remember when Navier was interviewed by the newspaper and asked if she knew Sovieshu would divorce her? That’s right. Sovieshu was looking at the newspaper, scanning its contents, as his face froze.

Sovieshu: “Navier is... did she hear about my conversation on divorce with Rashta?”

OOOH YOU’RE GONNA REGRET THIS SO BAD EMPEROR SOVIESHU.

20. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooo~~ gooo Navier!!!
    Poor Sovieshu, he has no idea how much more tears of blood are headed his way...

AnniePoo and Horror_coffee like this.