Discussion (Faux) Dating advice for a hopeless friend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Oct 2, 2019.

?

Would you keep dating her?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't actually mention breaking up - just either to keep taking her out on dates, trying to get closer to her and maybe end up in a relationship, or to cancel the third date/not ask her on a fourth and go looking for someone else.

2. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is short, and youth is even shorter.
    It's his first crush, right? Then it's only proper to treat it seriously, and finish it till the end, not nipping the bud. It's better to regret doing something than not doing.

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Stick to it and keep trying. At least then if you go down in flames, you'll know you didnt go down without a (proverbial) fight to make it work.

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Then sure keep going on dates if he enjoys it. That’s the whole point of having dates, having fun and enjoying the company. If the other person also has fun and they keep going on dates then eventually they get into a relationship. If he stops having fun then he stops going on dates.
    Things really aren’t that complicated.

AliceShiki and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp my middle school friendships ended because of crushes on the wrong people,my former best turned into an absolute asshat after he started dating,the me and the boys ended up getting I to a fight(I mean full on brawl) which ended a friend ship for 8 years,yes he chose the bitch over her s best bro's, later he crashed burned, broke up fucked up his o levels so as someone who has that experience.u may consider me sexist I I say bitch but in the end I don't give a shit if u follow this advise,bro's before hoes :blob_sunglasses:

6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not making the choice between friends and this girl. That completely has nothing to do with this.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Take Look at similar games eg

Take a look at "Episode - Choose Your Story"
    www.episodeinteractive.com

8. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Those aren't reliable sources of advice. They're really melodramatic and silly.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Financial reasons? No guts huh. I get that.

Uh huh. Just have fun.
    Dont take it too seriously or it will die?

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have the appropriate "THOT be gone" meme.

11. Bloodysin28

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp ur friend is probably gonna crash and burn but better to try and fail then not try at all,also the whole ex's being friends doesn't work out in IRL a lot, from the experience of my friends and personal.

12. julesrjs

julesrjs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm... the guy is a little calculative also? I mean, he just choose her because she's never refused any dates?
    How many dates did she have with the other guys?
    Why is she "the Slut"? did she have too many dates? did she have sex with a lot of guys? Is it just random gossip?
    What is their "common interest"?
    The guy: Has he good parents? single parent son? orphan?
    The Girl: Same questions... one more maybe... does she have an abusive male family member?

To be simple, if the guy is just a "good boy", an honest person, and doesn't have experience with girls or even interest until now; he's gonna keep dating her just until he knows how he feels.
    Date advice? third date: common interest.
    I

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read the OP properly? :blobmelt:

Countless dates, countless sexual partners. No real relationships - usually just one or two dates at a time, I think.
    She's also basically the black market queen. She has control of the house that the students use to sneak off and have sex in. (It's a boarding school.)

Their common interest is fashion. She's really passionate about designing and wants to become a professional designer. Your friend can make clothes, but he doesn't enjoy it - but he does have embroidery as a hobby. He thinks she's really cool because of her passion.

His family background is complicated. He has his biological parents, but he asked to be adopted by his current family - just a widowed dad and his one son. His current family is very rich and very warm.

I'm not sure about her family, but her hatred of men isn't because of a male family member. It's definitely because of the boys in the school.

14. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    do a few more dates->tell her he like her but doesn't mind waiting for her to trust him->wait and see which of the crush or the distrust crack first

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Bloodysin28

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is a https://me.me/market?s=pop memehttps://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/706/064/1fe.jpghttps://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/706/064/1fe.jpg

16. julesrjs

julesrjs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So her hatred is not so deep. It's just that she's afraid to commit herself... probably a problem with her mother being in too many relationships and being used an discarded for too many men.
    I bet she's taking this "slut" position just to "take revenge" on men in name of her mother and to hide her own insecurites.

The guy does embroidery? he must begin to make napkin for her in secret!

Hell Yeah!!! fashion date... Acording to the setting can be from a fashion show to a cosplay store, or maybe in some workshop where the guy does som voluntary work teaching orphans or something. That may introduce some interest in her for know a little more about him.

To be honest I tink that the problem is that characters need a little more design. I was GM in a lot of table RPG in the good days and characters need to answer your questions themselves... for example:

The guy dates her because she's not gonna refuse him... that's not somenthing a strait laced guy would do. He would say something like "I'll date her just to prove the people wrong about her" not a "I'll date her because she's easy"
    Is he strait laced like Kouki Amanogawa from "Arifureta..."? or like Touma Kamijou from "Toaru..", or maybe like Ryuji Takasu from "Toradora"?

You guys must keep developing the initial characters, so the answers come naturally when you need to take a choice.

Lurking likes this.
  17. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless he's going to marry his bros and have kids with them, I'd say hoes before bros lol. :ROFLMAO:

18. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, if guys are punished for not "courting", I won't be surprised if the girls won't get the same deal considering how that would skew the ratio if people sat it out. hmm....

And Mr Gutless is going to have to man up someday, girls don't come with ESP as standard issue (though some think they do lol), he's going to have to TELL her for her to know eventually. And MC likes him? Woohoo love triangle lol.

Lurking likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The characters are fully developed, I'm just simplifying everything here so that people don't get bogged down by details that don't matter. We also like to keep some parts of our characters secret so that we have fun finding more out about them all.

I honestly know that the reason that she expects the worst from him is that
    she's not someone who wants to sleep around, but she feels pressured to because of her "friends" and what everyone thinks of her. The boys she "dates" are only after her for sex, and only for their own pleasure, so she thinks that all boys in the school are slime who treat girls like sex dolls.
    That's not something that he or his friend know, however, so I didn't want people factoring that in when they gave their advice.

This guy wouldn't do something as arrogant as dating someone to "disprove" rumours about them. This girl sleeps around. Whatever everyone else thinks about her reflects on them; he simply doesn't pay attention to it.
    His reasons for asking her out were pretty selfish - he's not a perfect person by any means, and he regrets being hasty. He was desperate to avoid punishment because he feels the need to maintain the image of the perfect student, for his family's reputation. I don't know those characters, but he's straight-laced in the sense that he doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, have sex, or generally break any rules.

And again, it's not whether or not this relationship will continue that I'm stuck with. It's the sort of advice that his friend (a minor character) would provide him with.

???
    It's not seen as the job of the girls to court the boys. They're there for boys to court - they're only punished if they refuse too many boys. (It sounds sexist, but I'm erasing a lot of background context that helps this make more sense.)

He'll have to tell her someday, but his crush is new. It will take a much longer time for anything to develop from it.

I don't know where the idea of the MC came from, though?

20. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing to do with job, everything to do with proper functioning of the event. Think it through, if for example half the girls simply went "Screw this mess, I'll go with my girl friends instead", you are talking about instant fail for half of all the guys if your population ratio is 1:1. Just treat it as a background consideration, I doubt you actually go that deep when writing a story.

So basically the girl is Ms Peer Pressure. Oh well. Good Luck on your story progression.

imK, julesrjs and Moonpearl like this.