Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean you're not wrong (I'm also a little tired.... so yeah. Also I guess it depends on how one interprets what Vida did. I might interpret it differently.)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now I can't stop thinking how bad vandeliu's life would have been without the blood of life, maybe he would have been born as a pasture or in an alda church or as an elf in a village destined to be attacked by goblins, even in the The last case due to the generation of his soul would be an elf shota trap .... although being born as a cattle would have been an improvement to their previous lives, they imagine, the necromancer cow does not want a fourth time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  3. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing to note: Avalon has at least learned one thing from his previous failure. Namely, better to master your new powers first before going on an evil overlord campaign. So he's going to lay low for a while before attacking Van (clearly Avalon still hasn't learned to be smart though!). So there'll be plenty of time for Heinz and co to turn up - they're in the dukedom directly south from the area where Avalon and Van are and during this arc they've already had a letter sent from them to Van and got a reply.

Given that Guduranis-Edgar knows what's up, I'd guess there's a big chance that he pushes Heinz to find Avalon before Van does. Guduranis-Edgar is not trying to avoid Avalon, clearly. But would he want a "deal" with him? Or some kind of partnership? Very very doubtful. I think Guduranis-Edgar would ideally want to take that power back for himself, ie consume Avalon, as he's probably a lot weaker currently. There's no way he'd trust Avalon. Probably the best scenario for him is to have Heinz beat down Avalon first to weaken Avalon and then jump in at an appropriate moment.

I wonder how much Avalon knows about Heinz and how crazy powerful he should be with Bellwood? I suspect he knows some things but not enough to be extremely wary.

I've no idea who'll make the first real move but I can easily imagine Guduranis-Edgar trying to push things quickly. Eg, maybe he suggests that they visit the PM to brief him on things first, on arriving in the capital. Such a thing would normally sound quite sensible, right?

If things do go down this path, I wonder what Van would be doing / thinking. He'd obviously be quite nervous about Heinz and co turning up. But he would be unlikely to make the first move, I think, unless he was quite certain about the results. Staying in the city should be fairly safe since it would be unlikely for Heinz to start a fight there... but who knows what Van would actually do. Though if things immediately go pear-shaped when Heinz turns up maybe it won't matter that much.

4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder about that too or maybe he will waiting with pop corn in the hand and when both are exhausted, he will attack them.

5. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Avalon should have the memories of Guduranis, meaning he knows about Bellwood's power, his own, Bellwood's fighting style and so on, what he may not know is that Heinz has the weakness of DA, which Rokudou knows about too.

One thing however that makes me guess that this arc may be coming to an end is that Katie Hartner should be able to detect Avalon. Similar to when Murakami detected Van in Alda's Dungeon, they knew the direction, but not the altitude, Katie may be in a similar situation.

Of course, her guessing that it's not Van is another entire problem, but just as she should have been aware that Van has not left the clinic in 6 days, why would he suddenly appear in a completely different place at the same time before he leaves the place. It could also be that Rokudou will have that in mind and try to kill Katie, but not only that would trigger Vandalieu, who still doesn't know that Rokudou has arrived, he could end up risking his location to others. It would also be interesting if Katie were to be protected by Levia, although Rokudou can also see spirits, so Levia wouldn't be able to hide.

So Van technically has all the tools to finish everything fast, but it doesn't mean they will work perfectly like that, and considering the narrative, it's more likely that Heinz and Rokudou may end up meeting, but if it were to end up fast, it would also be interesting to see Alda losing influence, Heinz noticing that he is losing ground, and well, preparations from all sides.

Rokudou lacks the necessary requirements to make a good final boss now: He doesn't have status, so can't fast grow, he doesn't have the power, only some DK Fragments, and he is cursed. Rokudou's main usefulness now is that of a symbol of change: Rod is bad, Heinz needs to move, Van can continue his expansion, and Alda will be more desperate.

Edgar meanwhile has status, has some of the memories and instincts, is not cursed, and is on the same side of the guy that has the original "Power of the Demon King".

Edit: Unlike Murakami who had requested to change the radar to at least inform what was the highest DA source, Katie should have the first version, which just locates the sources and nothing more, meaning, she can sense all of them, but none will be sensed any different from another mark in her radar besides the fact that it's on a dungeon.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  6. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've posted the translated version of chapter 203 now, so anyone interested in that can read it now.

7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    katey's radar is supposed to work with the largest mass of death mana, because basically vandeliu's family and magic circles are like small dead mana nuclei. My real doubt is how Alda has not learned at this point, although it is a subordinate god must have learned of the movement of the fragments. and let's face it, vandeliu will make his way as usual, he has come out of many worse situations.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  8. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the soul in an attempt to feel complete after being deprived from curses expands its mana drastically. Death magic also seems to have a mana growing effect. Van also had no natural ability or destiny which also had the same effect. Considering how van eats gods, the bad guy won’t even come close to his growth speed.

9. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the cover for Vol 6 when I was browsing and thought I post it, I believe it's Vandeliu's clash against Kaidou Kanata with Levia in the back.
    [​IMG]

RealSaMu, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 8 others like this.
  10. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. This looks really cool

11. ImanotherGuyFroyou

ImanotherGuyFroyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Levia is so HOT:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Bla8bla, Mesaphrom, canuto95 and 3 others like this.
  12. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh i thought the radar is only for people more than 100.000 mana in the first version.
    Well she is fire ghost

Manga Translation is update as well.
    Anger raising!!!!!!!! How dare of them:blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:

Bla8bla, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van look really cute and cool at the same time. One Eyed Ghoul King/Emperor.

14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Correction: Dark Demon God

Eddy andres likes this.
  15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark? You mean death, right.

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  16. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw about the elf that run from murakami in last chapter , is it girl? Since the only one that pick elf as race are the female member of murakami.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Referencing to Dark King title/job, technically can place Death in the front of it.

18. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who feels weird to see vandeliu wear such masculine clothes?

Bla8bla, hillo315 and canuto95 like this.
  19. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, all of the reincarnated who chose to be elves are women.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  20. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn't trap you know he more like boyish girl if he is female.

Mesaphrom, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.