LCD Stealing The Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by makenai89, Aug 9, 2016.

1. makenai89

makenai89 The Divine Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody else reading Stealing the Heavens?

I've just found this bright little gem and I'm very surprised as to why this novel is not more popular!? It's good and very un-generic. At least, until c53 that was already translated.

The beginning was already making me laughing like crazy. Oh my, my country Indonesia actually has a sect of godly thief!!! (I hope it's not mistranslation). And then the MC's clever scheme while taking advantage himself was so fun to read.

I also got the vibe that it might turn into a transported back and forth from cultivator world to modern earth like Genius Sword Immortal. Anyone else get the vibe too?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    RKilgore0016 and Samsara like this.
  2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got the vibe that everyone is a prick such as the eldest son that uses the barbarians as an excuse

Jaded likes this.
  3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading it. It's a fun read lol. The part where he steals money from his enemy, the reaction of the enemy made me laugh so hard!!! Shame that it isnt too popular.

Don't think the MC will be going back to his own world any time soon. But seeing that he wants revenge against the cultivators in his world....there's a chance of him returning.

4. saad52000

saad52000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah its a good one and really funy , i just hope the trans become faster its been like 12 days since last chapter.

5. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, you mean that bullied first young master? yeah, I hope he won't turn into traitor for the MC later, or he would be a really disappointing prick

There's still 1000+ chapters, so at least 1 in 1000 chance he will return. And doesn't in earlier chapter mentioned something like Macchu Picchu was a portal or such, and as long as they are strong enough they'll be able to cross to another world? It's already destroyed, though...

Agreed! I hope so too

6. RKilgore0016

RKilgore0016 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it a lot, it reminds me a bit warlock and a magus world, for all of the ways it spits in the face of normal tropes.

7. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, yup, I really like it too ^^v
    No cliches. It's like a breath of fresh air. Warlock is also like that, similarly unusual plots.

The strange thing is that STH is from the same universe of The Magus Era? That is, according to its NU profile. But both seems really different, didn't remind me of each other, be it in circumstances or vibes...

8. RKilgore0016

RKilgore0016 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they are written by the same author, so probably the same multiverse but different universe?

9. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes sense! And if the previous theory's right that there's portal that allow STH MC to travel back to earth, it might also connect to other worlds...and now I can anticipate a cameo too >.< *absolutely can't wait*

10. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    so i am guessing this novel has been dropped? well at least xxw could confirm its status after 2 months, and this was starting to be one of my favorites although the start was weird due to being unable to know who was the actual MC was, but started getting good with that young master of the MC... and that cliff that we were left with at the end, sigh....

11. makenai89

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too!
    I also wish the translation can go on. It's such a rare gem.
    Let's ask @xianxiaworld , just in case they are online....

12. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys since it has been more than three months and approaching 4 months as a fan of the series and no news from xianxia world whatsoever i have decided and created a pick up request as it has reached that point if i could read and understand chinese i would translated it myself but unfortunately im incapable of doing so and because i have really enjoyed reading these 53 released chapters i could wait no longer.

if anyone is interested in seeing it is: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/stealing-the-heavens.21660/#post-828748

makenai89 likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C5: I'm betting that the sect master token has a function that protects people traveling through the portal.

C6: I wonder if the MC will ever make it back to Earth to wipe out that sect? Kinda hope not since all the truly responsible people are already dead via accidental suicide.

C7: How the heck would the MC have survived being right next to an exploding hydrogen bomb?

C11: I wonder if he’ll get any of the money from the barbs that he killed.

C12: I’m not sure why that makes him feel relieved. Those soldiers will definitely leave the moment that visitor does. I’ll be surprised if they’re in the village for more than a fortnight, and the barbarians were unlikely to attack during that time frame anyway, so the soldiers will basically do nothing but drain the village's food supplies, maybe impregnate a few of the women, and probably cause quite a bit of trouble. Basically, nothing good will come of it.

C19: I wonder why he didn’t give the dagger to Lu Chengfeng. He has no need of a weapon that hurts its user, and giving it to him would likely result in a much more useful reward as well as solidifying their relationship.

I half expected there to be a storage ring in that treasury. I wonder if Lu Chengfeng has one, and would be willing to loan it to the MC for a cut of the profits, and if the MC would trust him enough to ask for such a thing.

C20: Is Xiaohei a man or a woman? S/he has been referred to as both in the last several chapters.

This sort of behavior has to be well known, why would Zhang Hu even try to sell anything other than the heads to the officials? He could just as easily go to the next city over and sell them for a hundred times more.

C22: I don’t know why he’s obsessing over the clan of Green City. If he wants to get revenge on someone other than the people who actually killed his friends, then I’d think that the cultivators that gave the search order would be a much better target. Though honestly, I don’t really see a reason to get revenge on unrelated parties.

C23: It feels almost like the Yi’s are trying to give Lu Chengfeng a valid reason to kick them out of the city…

C24: If he’s really serious about helping Lu Chengfeng rise to greatness, he should share some of the loot. It doesn’t look like Lu Chengfeng would bother to look into where the money came from, and he’ll need it desperately if he wants to fix the walls.

I hope he’s not really stupid enough to destroy the evidence.

C25: Why does the MC’s name keep changing from Wu Qi to Wu Qu and back again?

I’m mildly surprised that he didn’t rob the other brothers again while he was at it.

C26: Where do they plan to get the money to pay these soldiers in the long run? I doubt the kingdom will do it. Heck, the kingdom might even consider having an army that size to be a sign of rebellion and directly attack the city.

C28: I wonder how long it’ll take Lu Chengfeng to realize that he’s the hanger on in this relationship.

C31: So, are the barbs they’re going to kill the village’s allies, or those tricked into raiding by the village’s allies? If the former, then that seems like a pretty big loss of income for the village.

C35: I wonder how he set up the dagger array so fast.

C37: Are cultivators less sensitive to energy ripples than he is or something? If not, then why didn’t they notice the storage bags moving away from them?

C38: lol. I think his master would be proud of him for being able to tell that lie so shamelessly ;)

Military campaign? Sounds like an excellent opportunity for an “accident.”

C39: The MC’s team really shouldn’t have pointed out the danger in having the two groups in the same team. If nothing else, it would have provoked a promise of retribution on the survivors if one side died.

C41: I thought the plan was to kill the women, elderly and children first and then ambush the hunters? Why did they wait until the hunters came back to attack? And if they were going to wait, then why didn’t they wait until everyone was asleep? Attacking right after the hunters return is only slightly better than attacking just as the hunters are trying to leave. It’s incredibly stupid.

I really don’t like how the author treats women. In this world, there don’t’ seem to be any female cultivators whatsoever, even though there’s no good reason why there wouldn’t be (and tons of reasons why there would be), and no one cares if women get raped, not even the MC.

C43: Why didn’t he get any memories from the beast warrior?

C44: So, what’s in it for the serpent? Does its soul return to its body when the girl dies or something?

C45: I wonder why the MC didn’t absorb the souls of the girl and the serpent.

C46: I have this strong suspicion that, whatever those tablets are, the MC will be the only one benefiting from them.

C47: Why would Yan Bugui bring Liu Suifeng along? Is he stupid or something? Liu Suifeng is weak, cowardly, and very likely to cause trouble. He’s the second worst choice after Sixth Brother.

C48: “Wu Qi’s response was extremely fast. Just as Liu Suifeng struck, he jumped up and rolled forward, kicking backward with his full force.” Isn’t Lu Chengfeng on his shoulder right now? How would he manage a forward somersault with someone slung over one shoulder and three large tablets in the other?

“Wu Qi extended his hand and pressed down on Zhang Wu and Hu Wei’s hands” again, aren’t both of his hands full right now? Plus, isn’t he running well ahead of the other two?

C49: I wonder why he’s bothering to keep Old Devil alive. I would think that he was trying to use him to kill someone, but anyone that he wants dead, he could kill more easily than Old Devil could, and likely without repercussion so long as he was mildly careful.

Also, why didn’t he get any memories from any of the souls he collected during the raid? Any one of them should have been able to give him hints about why the tablets were special.

Wow, I really thought the MC would get whatever was in the tablets.

That aside, they should really focus on the city’s defenses. A barbarian horde is almost certainly on its way.

C50: What about the merchants that didn’t betray him?

C51: Would he even be able to keep such promises? Even if the nobles that he’d be depriving of their wealth would be willing to let him, he’s still going to be leaving in a year or so when he gets his new territory.

C52: I wonder why the barbs didn’t retaliate against Meng City.

Since none of the resources that the city depends on are renewable, I wonder how long it’ll be until the city falls into ruin.

C54: All these Xiantian stages would mean a lot more if their relation to each other had ever been explained.

It would seem that this city will be the new capital of a new kingdom that will likely have to crush the current Lu Kingdom. I wonder if the emperor will help them out as thanks for the tablets.

C55: Well, his mother sucks. Hopefully he kills her at some point.

Man, I really should have seen this twist coming after the massive flag the MC planted earlier.

C57: So, how are people supposed to prove that they killed a soldier? Heads alone wouldn't be good enough since they could just chop off any head they felt like, including those of people who had more heads than they did.

C58: I was wondering why the heck they hadn’t retaliated yet. I guess it just took them a while to gather a large enough force and march it across all that forested land.

I bet they’d love to run away, but I think they and their families would be slaughtered to the last man, woman and child if they lost 80% of the kingdom’s mo machines, and there’s no way they could run with those now. I wonder if they can even re-aim them in time.

C60: I wonder if the emperor will order the extermination of the Lu Kingdom for allowing mo machines to fall into the hands of the barbarians.

C61: I wonder if this means that she’ll have to pay the bounties that were announced during the siege.

I assume Lu Chengfeng is going to win this race, but I have to wonder why. He’s at the absolute edge of the empire, and I doubt that all of the other heirs can say the same. Since all of their mother’s family’s will be rushing to get them to the goal from the moment they heard the news, and since they definitely heard the news before his mother did, how could he possibly get there faster? It seems even less believable when you consider that the families further from the border are likely richer and therefore have faster modes of transport. That is to say, he’ll have to travel twice as far at half the speed in a quarter of the time. It really just doesn’t seem possible.

C62: How does an army of 13k travel without logistical support? Where are they getting the food?

I thought he already fully absorbed the pearl?

“we won't be facing any danger before we enter Ji City at least” That’s a flag.

I wonder what they’ll do with the mo machines.

C63: How is he expecting to keep them from betraying him and Lu Chengfeng? Also, why would he even want that hothead who has already proven that he can’t make good decisions in stressful situations?

C64: So, they can’t bring even one person to verify their identity, but they can bring up to 4 extra people as Lu Chengfeng’s guards? Yeah, that’s not suspicious at all.

C65: I’m surprised he doesn’t have an appraiser on staff.

I wonder what she’ll do to him when she finds out that he sold her son, especially if she finds out how cheap his price was.

Also curious if his servants are undead, or if they just look and act like it to make him seem poorer.

C67: I wonder if he saw her face, or just the ghost’s face.

C69: “the grandfather of Yan Bugui. Did you say you want to curse all his... ancestors?" lol

C70: I wonder if he’ll actually give him the province. Also curious if the bounties in Meng City were ever paid and if the mayor that took over upheld the deal he had with the local trade union.

C72: I hope he finds more dependable people. His mother’s clan was only better than his father’s in that they didn’t actively try to kill him.

I honestly don’t understand why he wants to join a sect. He’ll probably have a much easier time getting resources as the primary helper of a duke than he will as a noob disciple in a sect. He’ll also be under far fewer restrictions and no one will ask him why he’s not cultivating in a specific way or why his progress is so slow in spite of how many resources he’s using. Also, he’ll get lots of opportunities to rob the Duke’s enemies of all their cultivation resources, so really, I just don’t see the advantage of joining a sect.

C73: I wonder why no one has mentioned cultivation techniques and resources. As a duke, and a direct descendant of the emperor, he should be entitled to much better than even the king of Lu. If he’s really worried about his safety, then improving his cultivation should be a major priority.

Won’t it take almost a year for troops to arrive from Meng City? I’m not sure how much help they’ll be at that point. Also, doesn’t he need to get Lu Chengfeng’s permission so that he can write a pass for them so that they won’t be attacked or extorted on the way to Ji?

C76: I hope the MC doesn’t plan to let the servants clean up his mess. They’ll likely die from all that poison.

C78: My god, how many paragraphs need to be pointlessly wasted on describing how generically perfect the woman is?

I have a very hard time believing that no one has ever hit on her. Honestly, I’d think just about anyone trying to suck up to her would have complimented her beauty by default. Couldn’t the author think of something more realistic or believable?

C79: lol, to some extent he should, but considering what he stopped from happening, it should only be a little guilty. Honestly, the people who are truly at fault are the ones who failed to raise her properly.

C80: I wonder if he’ll get the chance to return the favor and actually develop a sincere relationship with her. If not, her father or grandfather will probably kill him as soon as one of them exits closed door cultivation.

That aside, I wonder how long it’ll take him to advance his cultivation to her level with those resources.

C81: Why does he think that a sect would be a better place to get resources when the sects are all under the emperor’s thumb? I mean, I could understand if he was going to a sect outside of the empire, but any sect within the empire should be worse off than the princess, especially for a nobody like him.

C82: “Hehe, Princess Zhang Le's virginity will be mine!” Is he really stupid enough to think that this conversation won’t get back to her (grand)father? Why does he think that those two won’t kill him outright for saying such things, particularly in such a public place?

C83: That timing is super suspicious.

C84: He really needs to ask the princess to stop helping him. She’s going to get him killed.

C85: Why would he cultivate an inferior technique? Wouldn’t it interfere with his real technique at some point? Even if it wouldn’t, shouldn’t he use a higher quality technique?

C86: “While holding hands together, they walked along” Are we sure the MC isn’t gay?

C88: Why are they thinking about him being backed by Lu Chengfeng? Are they so stupid that they can’t realize that he’s backed by the human calamity princess? Are their brains made of mush? Do they think their sect would survive if he died on their grounds?

C89: Why does Qin Xuewen keep turning into Qin Qingshui? Aren’t they completely different people?

C91: lol, Nie Baihong definitely has something against Qin Xuewen ;)

C92: How was that a sneak attack? The fight started when the elders attacked him. Therefore, he was already in the fight from the beginning and attacking them was just and fair. He didn’t even attack them from behind. He was standing right in front of them when he did it.

Lol. Worst. Apology. Ever :LOL:

There sure are a lot of golden cores. I wonder why there don’t seem to be any nascent souls.

C96: I’m glad they brought it up. I was beginning to think that her death would just be forgotten.

C98: I’m betting it’s the princess.

C100: I really thought the princess would do something to cause trouble for the MC.

I wonder if Qin Qingshui will try to blame Lu Chengfeng.

C101: I wonder if Yan Dan is trying to help Lu Chengfeng’s assassins by forcing him out of Ji.

C103: I wonder why the MC will know the answers.

C106: I wonder if he’ll even reach Golden Core with that pill given his cultivation method.

C108: Her family really should work on disciplining her. With her extremely lax control of her emotions, she’ll wind up flooding the capital and its environs or summoning lightning all over the noble districts, greatly damaging the core of the empire.

"If you can marry Princess Zhang Le, then no man in Ji City would dare to offend you. Give it a thought, I have high hopes for you." I’m shocked that the princess didn’t respond to that. With her cultivation, she definitely heard it.

C109: It seems a bit wrong for him to destroy the foundation of someone who has saved his life in the past. Given his moral code, he really doesn’t have the excuse he needs to take them without permission.

C110: What happened to his vaunted morals of not stealing from those who had done no wrong? What evil as the Matriarch committed that justifies him robbing her of her most valuable treasures? Or has he decided to abandon all pretense and just steal anything, regardless of the owner?

C111: Why would it take him days to find the treasures? He’s a Golden Core stage cultivator. He should be able to sense the treasures the same way he did in the forest, only much more easily and at a much greater range. Unless the merchants are actually concealing the treasures, he shouldn’t have any trouble walking straight to them.

C113: I wonder how many Golden Cores he’s murdered because they were about to reach Nascent Soul before he did.

I also have to wonder who all these cities are being taken from. They had to belong to someone originally, and unless that someone was Yan Dan himself, someone just lost 130 cities worth of income through no fault of their own.

Also curious if anyone will try to take advantage of him the way they did when Lu Chengfeng suddenly became a duke.

C114: So, why doesn’t the flame count as innate Yang?

If it lost 70% of its effectiveness, how would anyone strong enough to be allowed in that place fail to notice? Isn’t he looking down on them a bit too much?

C117: Sounds like an ideal time for the MC to kill her. I’ll be shocked if he does it though.

C120: Why is he insisting that the prosperity of the empire has nothing to do with him? Isn’t all of his wealth derived from the empire? Does he think that his cultivation resources will continue to be delivered if there’s no one left to deliver them? And what about the princess? She’s his friend and greatest benefactor, yes? Does he think she’ll be spared from whatever calamity they’re plotting?

Well, that’s definitely abuse of power. I bet those two kingdoms will wish that they’d just settled their differences themselves ;)

That said, once they get control of the mine, he should go have a look at it. There’s a chance that the innate essence he needs is buried under all those high quality energy stones.

C121: I see he’s gotten over his problems with using a teenaged girl as a shield.

Lol, I wonder how her family will react to her dojo crashing ;)

Also wondering if she’ll keep this secondary persona when visiting this place in the future.

C124: Aww, she won’t be getting her own dojo after all. I’m sure she would have loved it.

I don’t get why it’s considered an evil technique just because it develops the body instead of the qi. And even if it were evil, why does he care? His technique is at least a thousand times more evil, so he doesn’t really have room to judge others.

Why would he hang onto such damning evidence? If he needed the seal for something, then why didn’t he just use it and then destroy it?

C127: Why would he need to be extra careful bringing the bodies back? Couldn’t he just stuff them in his magic sack? Or does he mean that he should be careful to not be seen stuffing them in the sack?

Why didn’t he arrange anyone to watch the “graves” to see who would come to rescue them?

C128: I wonder what’s in those iron mines that they’re so desperate to take them from Chengfeng. I assume it has to be better than energy stones. Well, assuming that the reason that they murdered his father was to try to force him to give them up. Considering how many times it’s come up, the presence of that guard, and the high quality pawns that were wasted to kill him, it seems extremely likely though.

C130: I hope he shares the techniques with his teacher and his teacher’s mother. He owes them that much at least after robbing them of their legacy.

C131: I wonder if her father is planning to use her as a cultivation resource or something. That warning about him was far too ominous otherwise.

While I can agree that revealing the extent of his stealth capabilities is a bad idea, I don’t really understand why he’s so opposed to letting them know that their enemy is in their city. It’s not like he has to tell them himself after all.

C132: Well, I’m glad he let them know, but I’m surprised that Jing Ke didn’t think much of him being able to stay hidden while standing next to a Nascent Soul cultivator while only being a Xiantian.

Wasn’t it originally said that Chengfeng had bought the lamp and other formation related materials with all of his savings?

C133: They really should have put a time limit on that management. There’s no way those metals won’t be worth far more than what he’s paying for them. If it’s not at least double, I’ll be shocked.

C134: If his divine sense can get in, then can’t theirs get out? Same for exterior sounds, yes? How have they not noticed that they’re not protected anymore? It’s not like their cultivations are weak.

I knew there was more than iron in those mines. I wonder if the MC will go steal that Spatial Breaching Spirit Gold. He wants it too, should have a much easier time extracting it, and they’d never admit to it being in the mines in the first place.

I wonder how much of this he’ll report, and to whom.

C135: I don’t know that I’d trust that bracelet.

C138: Well, at least they’re not aiming for the princess. The MC should be much more capable of handling whatever it is. Well, as long as he doesn’t have to rescue the princess’ people.

I wonder if Haoying Fengying was in on it though.

C139: Him allowing himself to get drunk is so out of character that it feels completely forced.

I had been wondering why he killed that other guy. I guess he was trying to make sure this idiot would do something rash that he could use to cancel the deal.

That said, she is totally overreacting given what she knows about his cultivation.

C140: I wonder if what he said about the bear virgins was true, and how the bears will react if it’s not ;)

C141: I wonder what makes this Yu Qianqian so fearless.

C144: Maybe it’s a cultural thing, but I don’t really find that painting to be terribly impressive, at least, not when compared to many other, better works.

C145: I can’t help but think that the Wei Clan would have been better off cutting their losses and killing her rather than attempting a rescue.

C146: Considering the fact that just about everyone uses poison, I don’t understand why basically no one is prepared to deal with it.

C151: Why wouldn’t the girl be the first target? She’s the one controlling the only true threat in the room. Once she’s dead and the skeleton’s gone, the others would be very easy to kill.

C152: After the number of times she’s tried to kill him, and the petty, vindictive, and utterly dishonest personality she’s consistently shown, what makes her think that he’d take that offer? Honestly, which person with a brain would even consider it?

C154: Why would he want that technique? He can already see what happens with it when things go slightly wrong, and there are definitely much better techniques out there for him to steal.

I’m not sure what the point of keeping her alive after stealing the technique was. Couldn’t he have searched her corpse just as easily? Or does the spiritual ocean just jettison everything into the Void when the cultivator dies?

Lol, he sure is betting a lot on both Yan Dan’s desire to maintain his reputation and his unwillingness to silence him permanently.

C155: Why didn’t he create a pocket space 100m under the ground or something and put an array there? It would be much harder for someone to accidentally find it than any of his other locations. Heck, he could also have hollowed out the inside of a tree and put one there.

Considering the recent purge, it seems a bit ballsy to so blatantly misappropriate such a large amount of the empire’s wealth so that they can more quickly violate Chengfeng’s responsibilities as a supervisor in order to increase his and his clan’s personal wealth and power. Granted, they have a lot more leeway than most given their recent contributions, but I’d say that they already used up the majority of their political capital on retaining control of that mine.

C156:
    lol, that’s not subtle at all. True, they probably did all those things, but it’s very clear that even if they didn’t do them, the Scouting Office will find evidence that they did ;)

If the signs are so obvious, then why aren’t the barbs already mining that vein? Also, why rule out the lake? An Immortal’s Cave beneath a lake would likely be very secure. Certainly more so than one in a jade cliff that can be seen for miles around.

C157: Honestly, unless he’s planning to slaughter every tribe in the area, there’s no way anyone will fail to know the exact location of his cave. Golden Core treasure hunters should arrive in less than a year, tops. And none of those treasure hunters who have brains will believe the little story he set up.

C158: If living people can be stored in storage devices, then why aren’t storage devices used to transport armies? I’d think it’d save an absolute fortune in energy stones if you only had to teleport one person in order to move an army of ten thousand.

This author really looks down on alchemy. The MC put basically no effort into an extremely complex problem that most alchemists with millennia of experience wouldn’t have been able to solve easily, and all he used was book learning without any practical experience at all.

C159: Weren’t these mountains the property of the barbs? I know at the edges of their territory there might not be anyone strong, but they should be in the heart of those territories now. Five Golden Core cultivators running around causing a ruckus should have attracted some attention by now.

C160: I thought the MC had traveled like 30k miles into the mountains? Wouldn’t it take a year or more for the military to reach that deep? Also, wouldn’t anyone strong enough to make the trip be more than capable of acquiring the resources they’re looking for in a faster and safer manner without entering barb territory? I could understand if they were from a different empire, but they knew the sect’s insignia, so that wouldn’t make sense either.

I’m curious how he’ll explain all this when the raiders show up. It’d be weird if he simply killed them all after all.

C162: What kind of moron actually brings the cultivation technique manual of his sect with him when venturing into a place as dangerous as those mountains? Also, if the MC plans to use those techniques, then why did he throw away all the talisman making tools? Heck, even if he didn’t plan to make them, those tools are probably worth quite a bit and he’s got more than enough space for them in his various storage devices.

Is there a reason for him to not just grab the talismans and use an escape art to get to his teleporter?

C163: If he didn’t know what a monument was, then how would he know Dao Ta or Confucius?

If they’re from a different empire, then how do they know the insignia of that sect? Are they an invasion force coming to conquer Yan?

If he becomes a noble of multiple empires, I wonder what he’ll do when he’s called to war.

Why did he use his feet to try and escape? He’s got multiple escape arts that are better than his feet and a teleportation array close to hand. I’d understand if he was trying to be caught for some reason, but since he wasn’t, it was out of character and extremely stupid.

C164: Well, there’s that bridge burned. I figured he’d take the opportunity to setup teleporters in Qin, but I guess he’ll be running back to Yan to warn them about Qin instead.

After seeing his flying sword in action, why do they still think he’s Xiantian? Could a Xiantian really propel a flying sword in such a way that it could kill a Golden Core? Especially a Golden Core that focused on body strengthening?

Also, why was the MC wasting time with his escape on taunting people? That is not only supremely stupid when he suspects the cultivation and talent of Li Si, but also completely out of character for him.

C165: If he wants to deploy an army, then he can just build a teleportation network to do it. Yeah, he can’t do it right now, but it shouldn’t be a difficult thing to manage once he finds the Qin Empire. Still, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to connect the two empires right now. Qin is obviously much stronger than Yan. I assume it’s because Qin didn’t slaughter all of its Nascent Soul cultivators to maintain power nor delay forming their Nascent Souls due to millennia old traumas.

C166: I wonder if he can use this opportunity to kill the guy. If he can, he’ll probably regret not doing it later.

C168: It seems like a waste to only kill Xu Fu. Couldn’t he have killed Li Si or their boss too by conserving the incense a bit? The boss especially since he’s about to get a major power up.

Also, why would he use the sword to kill Xu Fu? Isn’t that a waste of a precious cultivation resource for himself? Xu Fu is almost certainly a Nascent Soul cultivator. Such a cultivator could probably drastically improve the quality of his cores.

C169: I thought the curse was powered by the owner’s soul? How could it even fire off if he’d already consumed Xu Fu’s soul beforehand?

C170: And this is why he should have grabbed two people instead of just one. Heck, he could have just grabbed all three. Sure, he would have had to spend time making incense to keep them knocked out, but it would definitely have been worth it.

C173: I think she forgot to add that she wouldn’t attack him so long as he didn’t attack her.

C174: So, how did he escape the blast when it reached so far into the ground? His earth escaping art is relatively slow I thought?

I wonder why he didn’t have a teleporter waiting for him underground. If he had, he could have escaped quickly and easily and blown up the teleporter behind him. Was he trying to raise the rescue price or something?

C175: How is he breathing underwater when he no longer has the strength to execute techniques of any kind?

He really should have offered to teleport her out of there, preferably as a free service, and definitely before the king arrived. Making friends with someone who is both powerful and honest is definitely not a bad thing, especially since she could become a great trading partner and ally of the Yan Empire. It also never hurts to have a buffer nation to alert you when you’re enemies are coming.

C176: Since they seem to like him, and don’t seem to be interested in land, period, he really should try to develop a trading relationship with them. If he can create a link between Yan and them, there’s a heck of a lot of money to be made. Of course, they’d have to use teleportation formations, but thanks to that mine, that shouldn’t be a problem.

C177: If there was a Prime Dragon Water Channel, then why didn’t the catfish use it to escape/seek help?

Couldn’t Ying Zheng and co. use that teleportation formation they were working on to escape? They don’t need enough for the whole army anymore, so what they have should be more than enough.

If he really wants the dragons to win, he should have offered advice on breaking into the camp.

C180: That sounded like a perfect opportunity to steal the cauldron.

If nothing else, he should try to follow the Qin army home. He’ll need to know where they are if he wants to do anything to them in the future.

C181: I really don’t understand why he didn’t follow the Qin. Does he seriously believe that they won’t come looking for him? Or is he just that certain that he won’t be in Yan by the time they do?

C182: The people from the vassal kingdoms that were dropped off in the wilderness escaped right? Did they not tell the Wei Clan about what happened in Ji City? Also, why would the Patriarch be happy if he hadn’t been receiving any of that ore?

C183: I wonder if he’s planning to expand into the territory of the barbs they just betrayed.

C184: lol “magical treasures”:LOL:

Why would it take tens of thousands of talismans exploding right next to them to hurt them when their cultivation is the same as that guy he blew up with only 200?

I’m surprised he used the mirror etc. I totally thought he was going to toss out seven of the good talismans mixed in with all the crap ones that they were ignoring and use those to ambush them. Did he already use all the good talismans or something?

I assume he’s investigating for Yan Dan since there’s not much point in him knowing this sort of thing. I’m also sure that Yan Dan is quite capable of finding out who they are if he doesn’t already know. So I’d say his job is done and he should stop worrying about it.

C185: With as many storage rings as he has now, he should make another round of his caves and leave one in each.

He’s focusing on the Duke thing, but shouldn’t he be focusing on the “rewarded handsomely” part instead? It’s likely much better than the dukedom.

C186: I wonder if he gave Yan Dan copies of the talisman cultivation book he got off Xu Fu. I’m sure that alone is worth a few hundred cities.

He should have invited Chengfeng, especially since he’s using his building.

“With so little possessions of his, what kind of treasures could he buy here?” I thought he was fairly rich now? He’s a duke with 1/5 of a province and 300 cities right? The tax income from that should be quite high. Sure, he probably can’t buy the best stuff there if he’s not willing to give up some cities or one of his trump cards, but it’s not like he can’t buy anything. Besides, just knowing who purchased what is still very valuable for a thief like him.

If he’s trying to win over the princess, then why is he attacking her favorite person? Is he really stupid enough to think that she’ll forgive him for murdering someone she cares about? He’d be lucky if his clan wasn’t exterminated.

C187: I thought one of the two bear brothers was supposed to guard Chengfeng?

I think he’s hamming it up a bit too much ;)

Lol, I wouldn’t exactly call its meaning profound ;)

C188: I’m a bit shocked. I really thought he was mapping those veins for the new kingdom he and Chengfeng were building. I wonder if anyone important owns the land those veins are on though. That is, beasts or cultivators that are stronger than the sect.

It occurs to me that she and her son are about to become eligible to join the Myriad Dao Alliance. I wonder how she plans to keep her husband from becoming the sect leader. It doesn’t seem like any of her adherents have the necessary political clout within the sect to be accepted on their own merits nor the raw power to force acceptance.

If they’re all in the same booth, then how are they supposed to bid against each other when there’s only one bidding formation?

C189: It sounds like they’d be excellent people to get on his side, if for no other reason than that he could steal their tribulations ;)

It’s unfortunate that he doesn’t seem to think of them as people :(

C191: Why are they forcing him to go on stage and tell people what it is? Why couldn’t he just tell the attendant and let them announce it? Are they trying to get him killed? Or do they just want to force him to lie?

C193: I wonder how they found him so fast. I mean, he teleported into town the night before. It couldn’t have been easy for them to travel to a location they knew nothing about and lay a trap in such a short time.

C194: Why didn’t Yan Dan’s people ask about the ring that Qin was willing to risk so much to take back?

I wonder if Ying Zheng can even cultivate now. If not, then no wonder he’s super pissed ;)

That aside, he really does need to find someplace to hide. There’s no way they’re going to stop coming after him.

C195: When is he planning to officially form his core? I thought he was going to do it ages ago and blame it on that fire pearl? He’s got much better excuses now that he has that sword technique and two more pearls that people know about.

He’ll have to stop giving them a regular salary if he wants that lie to be less obvious. I wonder if he’ll just overpay them when he “hires” them, or if he’ll get them side jobs in various shops and whatnot in the city.

C196: Well, being the adopted son or nephew of Jing Ke and highly decorated duke should be more than enough to qualify as a marriage candidate for Zhang Le.

I wonder if his opponent will have the last pearl.

C197: I really thought he was going to rob them both.

C199: The whole city should have witnessed the 100 tribulations. Why did no one see them for what they were? It’s not like it could be mistaken for something else. At least, I didn’t get the impression that it could be from when Zhang Le formed hers.

Lol, I wonder if the Heavens were so lazy because he’d already demonstrated his ability to absorb the lightnings, or if it was because it was his eleventh core ;)

C200: I’m shocked that the princess didn’t join the bet. Did her father forbid it or something?

C203: Why do men in this series continually walk while holding hands? I mean, I could understand it if they were gay, or if this was a Chinese cultural thing, but neither of those things is true.

Also, why is Wu Qi commenting on it? He’s done the exact same thing in earlier chapters.

Rofl, I love how he made sure to frame Jing Ke while everyone was still there :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if he’ll still adopt the MC like he promised ;)

C204: I get the feeling that Zhang Yi doesn’t know how farming works. If he did, what the MC said wouldn’t exactly have been news to him…

C205: lol, those are some really petty grievances to carry for 2k+ years :LOL:

C206: I’m betting the chairs are for the bird and beast kings.

C208: How will he even have enough time to listen to that many ministers? Even if he made all decisions instantly, there still wouldn’t be enough hours in a day considering the size of his empire. There’s a reason ministers exist after all, and it’s not because rulers don’t like power.

This series would be a lot better if it didn’t focus so much on Chinese history. Of course, I understand that the target audience is entirely Chinese, and the author never expected it to be translated, but I still think it would be better without. Just trying to imagine this with famous historical figures from my own country tells me that much. As does the author’s insistence that all histories are accurate and noones’ personalities have changed in more than two thousand years.

C210: I’m seriously failing to see this intelligence that he’s so proud of.

Also, given her personality, they all should have expected this response from her when they disregarded her will in deciding her future. Since they apparently didn’t, they’re all idiots who have no chance at all of marrying her, even if the MC wasn’t there.

C211: I wonder how many more crimes he’ll blame on Qin ;)

C212: He shouldn’t be so upset. Yes, she’ll still be trying to marry him, but he can always say no or marry the princess first. In the meantime, she and her clan will likely be very loyal to Yan as they fight Qin, which will make his future life more peaceful and safe.

C213: When they said that they had many innate items, he should have asked if they had one of the two he needed and offered to trade.

C216: Yu Qianqian isn’t as bright as she thinks she is if she was responsible for this protest. It’s basically the same as declaring the true political power of Yu, which can only be a bad thing for them if they’re not ready to take over the empire.

How are they planning to find the Qin though? Or even its army for that matter. It would be very easy to miss them in such a vast place as Meng Mountains, especially if they’re actually trying to hide. After all, if they can conquer Yan, then they can take that mine of Chengfeng’s and use it to make a teleportation array that will get them back to Qin long before Yan’s army arrives. They’d literally have hundreds of years to solidify their hold of both empires and raise a new army specifically designed to crush Yan’s.

C219: I thought the MC was supposed to be smart. Why did he follow that Human Immortal? Why did he attack the camp that the Human Immortal was clearly trying to lead them to? It was one of the most obvious traps in the series so far, and one that the MC himself as commented on as being obvious. Also, why wasn’t it a trap? What was even the point in taunting the Yan side and showing himself if he wasn’t bait for a trap?

C220: Why do they think they can escape the influence of Yan, Qin, etc. when they have no Nascent Divinity cultivators? They’d need at least 5 middle-stage or 2 peak stage Nascent Divinity cultivators to have any real hope of breaking free. With only one or two Earth Immortals, trying to break free is the same as suicide.

C223: I wonder if they’ll face suppression/death after they ascend due to knowing a technique that the people in power have been monopolizing.

C224: I wonder what the tapeworms eat if they’re the only lifeform in that river. I mean, the older, more powerful ones could hunt outside the river, but the others would have to rely on creatures being stupid enough to drink the water, and anything that stupid should be long since dead.

C225: Since when was Li Si an expert in the bow? I thought he specialized in Dharma Words?

C227: This chapter felt like a waste of time. There was literally no chance whatsoever that they were going to kill the guy since he was just introduced. That only left killing off people from Qin, but I think it’s become abundantly clear by now that none of the people from Earth will be dying any time soon, if ever. It made the whole chapter extremely boring.

C228: Why are we still wasting our time with this truly unimportant battle? Regardless of who wins, no one important will die and the MC won’t gain any treasure. At best, he’ll gain some additional war merits, but the difference between rescuing the demon king while crushing most of Qin’s army and doing that plus gathering some mildly useful intel is so insignificant that it’s absolutely not worth the number of chapters that we’ve wasted on this drivel already.

C231: I’m basically just skimming the chapters at this point. When will we get back to the story?

C232: Why are they so shocked by the comparison to Wei and Zhao? Yan hasn’t met either empire yet as far as I can remember. The comparison should mean nothing to them, or to the Qin for that matter.

This is feeling less and less like a cultivation novel and more and more like an author insert into a Chinese alternate history fan fiction that requires you to know and care about Chinese historical figures that I absolutely don’t care about. Please, please, for the love of God, please, get back to the actual story and stop wasting time on side stories that barely matter enough to get one chapter much less ten.

C234: Their techniques are both parasitic in nature, how could they benefit from using them on each other?

I 100% agree that he shouldn’t bother with them. They last forever and nothing really happens beyond a few million nameless red shirts dying.

C238: "Even when I was raping that woman, it was you that I was thinking of in my mind!", "I'm the victim!”

Is this a translation error? How is he the victim if he was the rapist?

C239: lol, the princess has a lot more in common with her grandfather than her father it would seem ;)

C240: You’d think that he’d be more worried about the demonization thing.

C241: I wish it were possible for historical figures to die in this series. This chapter and others like it might actually have meaning then.

C242: I can’t make myself continue reading this. It’s clear that the author doesn’t really want to be writing Stealing the Heavens anymore. I don’t know what this new series about historical figures transmigrated to a cultivation world and then meeting up again two thousand years later would be called, but it’s definitely not Stealing the Heavens, and I have absolutely no interest in it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    noobism likes this.
  14. noobism

noobism Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that was a long post

15. Matamaru

Matamaru [Kuuu~][100% a trap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooh~!
    That's a very long post
    how long did it take?

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    About a week? It wasn't the only thing I was doing, and there were a lot of relatively long chapters to read.

17. Feycaller

Feycaller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People do not care about things that do not affect them. The author treats women like other humans treat women. He is just not sugarcoating it to make it easier to swallow.

18. Feycaller

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he just absorbs the energy of the dead souls to improve his own. He did get some parts of the girls soul.

19. Feycaller

Reading List:
    Link
    They literally chop off heads and turn them in for coins. I think the Qin had a system similar to that.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That was in a latter chapter, and they were never actually converted into coins in story, so the question of verification was never answered.