[Poll] Would you kill a god who kidnapped you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you accept the snake’s deal to kill the god?

1. Yes - For revenge against the Celestial

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - To escape from the Celestial

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Yes - Because I dislike the Celestial

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Yes - Because I believe it is just/right

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Yes - Because I might gain power somehow

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Yes - Because it’s awesome/cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes - Because I want freedom

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Yes - Other reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No - Because killing is bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. No - Because I don’t think the Celestial is bad

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. No - Because I don’t trust the snake

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  12. No - Because I like the Celestial

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. No - Because I think the Celestial has been good for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. No - Because the future seems better with the Celestial

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  15. No - Other reason

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  16. I’m unsure

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  17. I do not wish to answer

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobangel::blobangel::blobangel: This is the final chapter of the horrible Celestial series.

Several centuries ago, a Celestial Being abducted you from Earth in order to “marry” you. However, the wedding was delayed because you were a bit young for the god’s tastes, and s/he wanted you to age for a few more centuries. Consequently, you were forced to undergo several “trials” in order for you to “mature”.

Each of the trials were somewhat unpleasant to a degree. For the first, you were confined in a magical white room in total isolation. For others, you were forced to reincarnate repeatedly with strange circumstances like being blind, mute, disabled, diseased, impoverished, and even as an animal — nothing particularly pleasant.

At this point, hundreds of lifetimes have passed and you are unsure when your tribulations will ever end. You mainly know that your celestial fiancé(e) is responsible for your suffering. However, the Celestial has never gone back on his/her word nor particularly mistreated in any way outside of the scenarios you are forced into.

One day, in a rare gap between lifetimes, a divine snake comes to you and whispers a deal to you.

Notably, the snake tells you it has a plan to kill the god who has abducted you.

The snake gives you a forbidden fruit, and tells you that if you eat it, your soul will become poisonous. Consequently, the Celestial is guaranteed to succumb to fatal poison the next time you meet, as you already share a bond.

The snake is unable to tell you what will happen to your future after that fact. All it is able to guarantee is that you will be free to determine your own fate and you will not die as a consequence of becoming poisonous. Rejecting the control of gods will lead to the ultimate freedom, it says.

Finally, the snake says there is not much time left. It says that if you wait any longer, the Celestial will Stockholm Syndrome you into becoming a loving spouse, and there is nothing worse than involuntary love. You will no longer be the same person you used to be.

Do you accept the deal to kill the Celestial?

1. Would you agree to the snakes deal? Why or why not?

2. If there was some other method of killing the Celestial, would you take it?

3. If you knew the Celestial was going to mind-control (or Stockholm) you into loving him/her, how would you feel?

Traveling Chef likes this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I would for my freedom.
    It depends on whether the other method might come to bite me in the behind, i.e. there’s the possibility of the Celestial recapturing me. As long as it’s risk free, sure, I’d take another method. Even though I’d see killing the Celestial as self-defense, I’d rather not become a murderer at all.
    3. If you knew the Celestial was going to mind-control (or Stockholm) you into loving him/her, how would you feel?
    Urk.

Kuro_0ni, AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yeah. Who wouldn't want "killed a god" on their resume?

4. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I am too drunk to answer rn. Will answertomorrow lmao :blobsleeping::blobdizzy:

5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Depend on the celestial
    If she's beautiful and her personality isn't that bad, just desperate to have a family or she fell for me then thats okay.

But if he, or she's not that good, i'll go for the kill

What is love anyway?

6. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i suppose it would all depend on the circumstance. was i dead first? did something the god did kill me? will i be re-incarnated? those kind of things.

7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The celestial hasn’t given me any reason to trust it.

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Nope, definitely not agreeing.
    First of all, this is super duper fishy. I'm a very trusty person and usually take people for their words, but this is in a completely different level of fishiness, it's just begging me to doubt it... Definitely not eating that fruit.
    Also, I'm not one for killing, goes against my morals. I don't think anybody has the right to take someone else's life, so... Nope.
    Besides, considering all the context, I think I could have enjoyed what life threw at me, even if it could be kinda unpleasant to go through those scenarios over and over again, living through life multiple times over has its upsides~

2) Nope, killing is bad~

3) Annoyed, I mean, they already made it clear that I'd have to marry them, and I'd have already come to terms with it... I could try to love them on my own, I'd rather avoid mind control and stuff.
    On the other hand, if I have no control over it, then I have no control over it, so I'd just accept it I guess. Being forced into love or not, I'd still be in love, and the times I have been in love have been the best times in my life, so... Forced love or not, I think I could still enjoy it~

Innieminnie, iampsyx and lychee like this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So the snake just like that came to help? something smells fishy about that snake :hmm:
    Is it in cahoots with one of the magical girls :blobunsure:, if it is then the offer might be worth considering otherwise I am forcing that snake to become my servant else I am making a BBQ snake (I heard it is good, maybe it will be a good chance to try it :blobhyperthink:)

10. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. If I'm left with a poisonous soul and can't die, I'd imagine that any living thing I encounter will be harmed and I'm not even sure if I'd be able to have a body that wasn't harmed. There seem to be too many ways for the rest of my eternal free life to be not worth it or worse than dying. I don't trust that snake.

If the celestial was actually bad/evil then probably, but otherwise no. Life always has moments that are unpleasant or down right horrible constantly, you just have to take your lumps and move on.

If I already liked them then I would not care.
    If I didn't like them I'd be annoyed or a bit angry but come to terms with it because marrying someone you dislike/hate and spending literal eternity with them would suck. Much rather be married for literal eternity and love them even if it is due to mid-control.

AliceShiki, iampsyx and lychee like this.
  11. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    1 - I don't trust that snake. Don't you know you shouldn't accept things from strangers? Hell!! That's even a poisonous forbidden fruit! Forbidden things have a reason to be called forbidden!!! Who the hell would believe that there wouldn't be any side effects for me?
    Tsk! If that snake had any real way to kill that celestial they wouldn't need our help, it just smells like a trap...... maybe that snake is one of those people who like the celestial and want to get ride of me........... also.... actually..... isn't the celestial observing that talk about the deal with the snake? Isn't it one of his tests? Who could garante that after accepting the deal the celestial wouldn't pop out of nowhere and jail me like the snake said?:blobconfused:

2 - Hell yeah! Let's kill the bastard!!!:blob_thor:
    Bu to do that I would need to become strong real fast, or go instigating other gods to try to kill him :blobspearpeek:

3 - Just feel annoyed, nothing much since by then I would already have a calm mind....... only, I would go after means of steading my mind, let him think that he have me, when his guard is down I would seize his life and soul to play with~:blobowoevil_horns:

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  12. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not an answer to OP question. This is what I will do to answer to the snake question.

First define what love is
    Second who will you trust more? A stranger snake or a deceitful immortal?

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  13. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    kill the snake. eat the snake

14. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't agree to the deal because, 1. This snake sounds fishy as heck 2. I don't want to be just as bad as the celestial and I don't want outside help to get my revenge.

I would tell the celestial about the apple and the snake because maybe this was another test and so that I can keep tormenting the celestial in my own way.

Never completing the challenges and tasks it assigns. always, ALWAYS going against what it has to say, these are the small freedoms I would allow myself and hey maybe I'll live forever, being tormented by this God and also tormenting this God because I will never be what they want, if they just wanted to *poof* make the perfect spouse. They would have don so to me already, the very fact that they have to make me make these changes means we are going to be doing this rodeo a long time.

15. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Rando snake that just pops out of nowhere after I've been going through years of struggle and only now wants to "help" me? No way. It has got to have some sort of hidden motive. Also killing people/celestials is not something I really want to do.
    Probably not. Still don't want to kill anyone. Maybe we could have a nice conversation over tea and talk it out? :sweating_profusely: Or I could make a fancy powerpoint with visuals so stunning and points so reasonable they let me go? :blobhyperthink:
    Sad. Nothing sadder than losing or forgetting who you are.

AliceShiki, Traveling Chef and lychee like this.
  16. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    People seem to be neglecting the most important questions.

1. Is the celestial the gender of your sexual preference?

2. Are they hot?

17. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this something like The Egg by Andy Weir and animated by Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  18. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so does that mean my other kill the celestial plans have failed!? Lol, but nah I wouldn't take the deal with the snake.

1.There is no free lunch in the world, the snake seems like it would gain something out of this and it doesn't seem to really care about me at all besides the fact that I can be used to kill the celestial.

2.If there was another way, which I would've been searching for for the past infinite lifespans, then yea, I would kill the celestial. There is almost literally no scenario where I wouldn't kill it. By that point, I would've forgotten almost everything regarding my past life/lives and I am going to assume that I would've driven myself insane with the only thing I truly want is killing the celestial.

3.I would feel angry. It would be an all-consuming hatred towards it that would drive me and my actions for the however many lifetimes I lived with the clear goal of killing her at the end. Either that or stripping her of her abilities and toying with her fate just as she has done to me. If all else fails and I realize that I cannot achieve that goal, then I would seriously find a way to destroy my soul and avoid that fate.

19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I would

20. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, celestial, celestial (celestial let me go.)
    Divine snake has put poison aside for me, for me, for me
    So you think you can abduct me and force trial to me?
    So you think you can love me and leave me to reincarnate?
    Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
    Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
    Nothing really matters, anyone can see
    Nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me. Anyway the wind blow

Any option will lead to bad ending, it doesn't matters anymore