Discussion Thoughts on this

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scribblezo8, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So alot of novels that I've read, the demons always see themselves as superior than humans and think humans are basically trash....

So this got me thinking...if they think humans are such trash, why do they go out of their way to keep a humanoid form? In alot of novels, its hinted or directly said the human-form demons are pure/noble blood or just strong. I would think they would want to flaunt their proud demonic blood and be OP in beastly form or that would be the "best form/highest in hierarchy" while the humanoids are the bottom since they can be physically link/discriminated because of their looks are closely to the "lowly" humans. :hmm::hmm:

Just me thinking about it while randomly reading a chapter today.

2. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    well if you think about it, demons have been around before humans so its not really a human form but their natural form.
    Usually.

3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy answer would be cause the author's a human.

To go into the topic as it is, they want to become as humans to be the top human in the human community. Cause demons love to mingle with humans. When meeting their demon community, they'll revert to their demon form (usually).

Be the best amongst human, and if you happen to be the best among demons... it's a bonus. 2 in 1, for a simple price of transforming into human.

Devil of Boredom and Snowbun like this.
  4. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine it’s a few factors including: making it easier for the reader to imagine and identify with the demons, for a “we’re not so different after all!” subplot, so that the demons can be attractive by human standards, etc.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it is one of those subconscious things, because in religion many believe that angels got humanoid forms with wings, or how satan is portrayed to be red with horns, tail and that big giant fork like thing he holds... I mean alot of people believe that they got humanoid appearences just because of how they are depicted in stories they heard or saw, and if Satan got a humanoid form and he is known as the 'demon lord' then it is only natural that some people would come up with such ideas and concepts :hmm:

6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    humanoid demons are more attractive.
    it also sets the plot sailing.

7. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's like haha, the stronger I am, the more easily I can infiltrate and wreak reak havoc among the humans by making those plebians think I am one of them? Probably more satisfying for them in the long run and makes it easier to carry out devious deeds in human territory.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Because demons were created from fallen angels or gods(and definitely would discriminate against beast life forms), and supposedly man is created in god's image. Demons would feel superior as they're more noble while still being sulky that weak humans get more affection from the creator, making them butthurt.

Scribblezo8, mir, BigBadBoi and 2 others like this.
  9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, what? Higher demons have humanoid form because they're superior to humans, if they have beastly form then they'd just be superior to beast...

10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am more in the thoughts that the demons are the native while humans are more like the inferior breed that popped out due to incestuous activities. All the superior genes had regressed, leaving only the crappy "hornless/ wingless demon with downs" aka human.

Then all the degraded demons aka humans continue to mate together to completely fuck the demonic genes out of their system.

11. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called convergent evolution. Different species evolve into similar directions simply because that's what best suits the environment. Demons depicted in these novels are usually physically superior to humans, so it's not strange for them to see humans as lesser beings. Asking why they have humanoid forms is like asking why humans have monkey-like forms.

mir, BigBadBoi and 0000000 like this.
  12. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    In one of the manga I read, it said it's because In humanoid form they won't destroy their vicinity due to their outrageous amount of power
    --yeah, humans r weak, got it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    0000000 and mir like this.
  13. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fixed :p

0000000 likes this.
  14. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't have a choice between multiple forms though.

15. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And do they?:whistle:
    What we see as "them choosing human" may simply be their only form.

16. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I meant like demons looking more demonic looking and having no human resemblance. Wasn't sure how to phrase it at first when I posted the thread.

Ahaha thanks for the reply guys, it's interesting to hear other people's thoughts.

17. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because authors have sht for brains.

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many stories where they indeed have two forms they can switch between, the human one not being their original form.

19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thus that explains crappy writing for some movie ideas!

justmehere likes this.
  20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    According to a research done by the otaku community, humanoid demons are about 60% relatable to readers and therefore, drive sales.

According to another research done by the otaku community, 90% of heroes become turncoats if the demon lord is a sexy hot woman.