Discussion Reading VEEERY Long Novels, Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Huntress Artemis, Oct 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

Have you read a very long novel to the end?

1. Yes, I completed it and it was great!

2. Yes, but it got boring in the middle

3. Yes and I even read it again

4. No, I dropped reading it

5. No, I didn't even read a very long novel

6. No, the author/translator dropped it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read one complete novel of over 1k chapters and that was A Will Eternal. It was worth it enough.

I pity the people who still read DKC. that novel's over 10.5k chapters in raw and counting.

2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all depend on your opinion.
    Just like how for Chinese, if the novel isn't at least 1K+ chapter, then they won't even bother to touch it. That's why CN Authors "milk" the Novels for so long.

3. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it a waste of all those time spent reading? Nope, after all its a read for leisure. I read stuff that makes me laugh or excited when i'm bored or i have free time or when i'm in the loo, so it done its purpose.
    I only invest enough that i wouldn't feel sad or rage when it stopped, ended or not. The most i would feel is 'bummer..' and carry on with different ones.

4. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some become repetitive so i tend to drop those. Sometimes the translators change and the quality is not as good as before. Sometimes the translators need to drop the novel due to rl situations. Others got locked and need stones to open, i got tired of those. Yeah, there are a lot of reasons why i drop novels that are really long so now i prefer shorter novels.

5. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The by far overwhelming majority of these novels suck. Now some people might be like "But Er Gen's stuff is good." and all I can say: Its not. All of these novels would benefit from losing at least a third of their chapters. The issues are clear for the most part: Repetitive garbage, scaling issues which come with the CN tropes, massive filler arcs. In many cases its just a boring slog for at least twohundred chapters. The only noticeable exception I can think of would be WMW. And even that got worse after the midgame.

Cryarc likes this.
  6. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading those novels felt like chores instead, so I just stopped reading further.