Discussion Could you convince the hero to spare your life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

If you could rewind time, how many tries would it take for you to convince the hero to spare you?

1. I would want the hero to kill me

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. The hero would never spare me

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Over 1 million attempts

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 100,000 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10,000 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1000 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 500 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 200 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 100 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 attempts

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  11. 20 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 10 attempts

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  13. 5 attempts

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  14. 3 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 2 attempts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 1 attempt - my first try!

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  17. I'm unsure

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  18. I do not wish to answer

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said I was the demon lord! :blobtriumph: All of you are demon lords!

I like to read the responses and decide if I would be tempted by what people are offering. :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:

That said, I'm female. Would it give me an advantage as a demon lord? Maybe? I actually haven't thought too hard about exactly what kind of advantage it would be. I think outside of a joke, the advantage is probably overblown because there is definitely an evil witch trope too (e.g. circe from the Odyssey that turns people into pigs), and I don't think most people would hesitate killing her.

2. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am a guy, and obviously no. that is why i would brainwash myself to be okay with it. or kill myself, one of those two

lychee likes this.
  3. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    First thing to do is to transforme in a outrageously cute creature that's super cuddleable without gender or a cute loli/shota in hopes that the hero won't go killing me immediately after invading the castle (because we don't know the hero's preference for now to play the honey trap.... nor if we will be willing).
    Then proceed as to why I should continue to exist, things like:
    1. I'm a needed existence for the universe, the existence of a demon king (DK) and monsters is so that the world won't collapse from all the dark matter/mana/whateverdarkenergy that there's in the world and under normal circumstances (DK's life) probably not many humans would be affected but with my death would start to spread like an epidemic, darkness under control is better than wild one;
    2. With my knowledge of my current and previous life I know that all the advertising about peace after killing the DK is pure bullshit, if the peace last for 1 year is already too much. Wars and genocide will spread over the land like never before..... and the hero (and party) will be the ones at the eye, being target to be killed by those they tried to protect if not put into slavery;
    3. If I wanted to really destroy the world I would've already done just by using my power to corrupt/control minds; but if he points to me that there are some people out there making trouble and say it's my doing, I can just call them naive for putting everything bad on me and say it wasn't me and just the people's nature (which he would detect as not being a lie);
    4. Just like their people have the right to live my little monsters also have the right to live!
    ............. if not works.... then let's just throw ourselves in the ground asking for mercy:notlikeblob:

Traveling Chef, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  4. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does not work for me. See proof:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the game, it’s even worse! The hero has absolutely zero remorse for killing me! (´;ω;`)

5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroes are heartless! :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

They also rob chests of ordinary villagers!

Just because you see a treasure chest lying in someone's house doesn't mean you can take it!!

6. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! Yeah! Why would they believe mean old men about whether Nobodies have hearts rather than the person it’s about! Meanies, the lot of them! (´;ω;`)( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )

And they like to break stuff all the time!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Traveling Chef and iampsyx like this.
  8. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What's your strategy... I would transform my self into a young and innocent.. more cute than sexy looking succubus like demon girl and then summon few very powerful, older and scarier/disgusting looking male demons... and brainwash them into thinking that, they are in charge and everything demons have been doing in this world has been them and not me...

I would brainwash them into thinking that the demon lord (me) is a pathetic disgrace for a demon... a naive and innocent little girl who dreams about girly things all day and about some white knight coming to rescue her and such.

And I would make them believe that demons can't kill the demon lord but if I am killed somehow, my powers will transfer to another demon who will then become the new demon lord. And I would make each of them believe that they've done some ritual that should make sure they will be the one. And I would make each of them try to convince the hero to help them kill me, so they can become the new demon lord, making some typical villain promises to that hero...

Implied of course is that even if the hero kills all of these, killing the "innocent" me, will simply cause the demon kings power to transfer to some other demon, who is bound to be far far worse...

And finally, I would use my mind powers on my self, to create a second personality which would perfectly match this innocent little girl story I am trying to setup... and I would set it so that, the real me would "sleep" while others are around, leaving the little girl persona in charge, but the real me would wake up when I am alone, at which point I could undo this thing if I choose or make some changes...

2. If you had the ability to rewind time 60 minutes so you could repeat this scenario again and again, how many tries would it take for you to produce a favorable outcome?
    How could I know that? Maybe it would work the first time...

3. As demon lord, theoretically you are responsible for the wellbeing your people (e.g. monsters all over the world). Would you abandon them to save your life?
    Possibly... Probably... Depends on the monsters...

4. If you were the hero, what kind of offering from the demon lord would you be tempted by?

If some demon lord tried to offer me something, I likely wouldn't trust them...

Lurking likes this.
  9. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    youre gunna get taken advantage of?

10. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... basically the idea would be to be on "autopilot/innocent little girl mode" so the hero can't read my real dirty/evil mind, and carefully evaluate whats been happening and adjust the programming whenever I am alone...

Lurking likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) My chances are pretty bad this time around... Uhn... I guess I'd just appeal to the hero's inherent good? Like... Why are monsters any less deserving to live than humans? Don't we deserve to live too?
    If what you want is peace, we can have peace. I certainly have enough influence (and brainwashing powers if necessary) to make sure the demons do not go into war with humans anymore.
    Sure, this won't guarantee the fortune and prosperity for humanity like wiping out all humans would, but... Well, I'd bet on the hero caring more for the peace part than the fortune and prosperity ones. Though we could strike deals to make things better in win-win deals that made everyone happy in regards to money and goods transactions and stuff.

2) No clue? In all honesty, the hero would have the options of either trusting me and going along with my words or killing me for a guaranteed result with no uncertainties revolving around it... I don't think I'd ever get a favorable outcome.

3) Nah, in this kind of terrible circumstances though, I could do the opposite. Since my life is pretty much forfeit at this point, I wouldn't mind it that much to lose it if it meant the wellbeing of the other monsters.
    ... Only in this kind of lose or lose situation I'd be willing to do something that selfless though... >.>

4) I can't see myself as a hero because I can't see myself killing anyone, but... In the hypothetical scenario I was convinced the greater good mattered more than my morals and the fact I'm pretty sure I'd get paralyzed in face of a situation I needed to kill someone... Probably hearing that the Demon Lord wants peace as much as I do. In that case we can work out a deal.

lychee and Lurking like this.
  12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    The most powerful ability is reload. I would reload until I finally kill the hero and his party, and rule as naughty demon lord...

muwahahaha! Ban the wearing of pantsu by all beautiful women in the world!:ROFLMAO:

13. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    A few abilities that you have left in your toolbox:
    • The ability to change your appearance and the appearance of others
    • The ability to change the shape of your castle
    • The ability to corrupt or control minds (ineffective on anyone in the hero's party)
    • The ability to summon the dead (e.g. zombies)
    • The ability to summon demons (weaker than anyone in the hero's party)
    • The ability to summon hellfire that burns for seven days and nights
    • The ability to summon, shape, and craft basic elemental materials
    • The ability to project demonic aura (ineffective on anyone in the hero's party)
    • The ability to have superhuman strength
    • The ability to show illusions (ineffective on anyone in the hero's party)
    • The ability to levitate and fly
    • The ability to eat a minion to add to your strength
    • The right to order lesser demons and monsters around
    It seems like your best bet is to use your words? You don't know anything about the hero's true desires or personality, so think carefully about what sort of deal you should offer.

If the hero is an average person, what kind of offer is most likely to succeed?

What if the hero is a paragon of virtue?
    1. What's your strategy for dealing with the hero?
    change into a baby and corrupt my mind into thinking it was a baby (while leaving a small suggestion to myself that when I grow up I "remember" everything. what kinda heartless monster just guts a baby?

2. If you had the ability to rewind time 60 minutes so you could repeat this scenario again and again, how many tries would it take for you to produce a favorable outcome?

seriously what kinda monster kills a baby. 1 time

3. As demon lord, theoretically, you are responsible for the wellbeing of your people (e.g. monsters all over the world). Would you abandon them to save your life?

well if I die then who is going to save them? worst-case scenario if I am responsible for ALL of those layabouts I need to survive first before they can.

4. If you were the hero, what kind of offering from the demon lord would you be tempted by?

well If I was the hero I wouldn't be going around killing babies the maniacal monster.

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  14. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    lord voldemort would kill a baby

pretty sure others throughout human history have killed thier own newborn children...

ahem, this strategy isn't gunna work.

RIP

15. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but those guys weren't heroes, I got like a 50/50 shot of him being a good boi and not ganking a baby~

Lurking and AliceShiki like this.
  16. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I would probably die!

Traveling Chef likes this.
  17. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone needs to do their history hw~

They might not have been heroes but that wasnt a practice restricted to the evil ppl~

18. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    If it were an isekai hero, i think this could have a decent chance of success if the hero has a functioning brain. If he's one of those brainless "JUSTICE ACCORDING TO MY OWN WARPED VIEWS" type of hero, well you're boned.

@lychee this question is way way way too vague to get a realistic answer, simply because of the absurd amount of variable.

Lurking likes this.
  19. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    If its an isekai hero, then its useless because he probably knows what i know. So i will have to use a different strategy, like appealing that i got pulled for something i don't want.
    A normal local born and grown who adapted to the noble and loyal to the king is prefered for this to work. If the hero started as a normal villager or lower, much better. Expecting that everything is per usual, then most of the nobles in the world would be scummy and widely known for their arrogance. Gossip about their wickedness. Prima nocta and what not. That should increase credibility to my story. Provided the hero is intelligent enough to be reasoned with.
    If the hero is lets say a massive idiot, then there's nothing can be done. Normal people and crazies don't speak in the same wavelength.

Lurking likes this.
  20. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a thing or two about history, I also know it's written by the victor, but we aren't talking about historical persons, we are talking about fantasy heroes fighting demon Lords, I'm moving under the assumption he is going to fall into a trope of some kind. that, and, if its the kind of hero that completely and utterly outmatches me physically and magically and is hell-bent on killing the demon lord, there isn't anything I can do besides toss the dice that he isn't going to kill a baby.

heck maybe he will think I've done some tomfoolery and confused his magic demon king sensing powers into pointing at this random baby he found in my castle lying on the floor crying. so he has to decide if the demon lord baby is another of my tricks or if the trick is that I AM the baby maybe I'll throw up some kind of mass projection magic or something before I change and make it triggered by the hero showing up. so that everyone in his kingdom can watch him kill a baby, that way even if he does kill me he will face the same thing the US soldier of the Vietnam war had to face but times 1000 because every single average citizen will watch their hero kill a baby in front of them.

so I may be dead and my people may be screwed, but I "win" in the end

Lurking likes this.