[Poll] Would you watch your language around a senstive acquaintance?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Oct 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you watch your language around a senstive acquaintance?

1. Yes - Always, because you never know who is sensitive regardless of who is present

28 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Yes - If I knew there was a single person present who would be upset

24 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Yes - If there were sensitive acquaintances present, but I don't care about strangers feelings

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Yes - If there were sensitive friends present, but I don't care about acquaintances feelings

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Yes - Because I want to look good to my friends

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. Yes - Other reason

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. No - Because I have the right to say what I want and anything else is censorship

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. No - Because I wouldn't hang out with someone this sensitive

20 vote(s)
    14.8%
  9. No - Because this acquaitance needs to learn how to deal with it

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  10. No - Because the acquaintance should go somewhere else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. No - Because I don't think the acquaintaince is serious and she's being overdramatic

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  12. No - Because they're just being politically correct and nobody is actually hurt

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  13. No - Because watching my language would kill at the fun

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  14. No - Other reason

10 vote(s)
    7.4%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel for the girl I really do, I would have been inclined to forgive the girl even just taking the first put forth scenario without the additional information.

not a mental trauma but I have physical injuries involving my hands and have also recently developed fairly bad carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome in my hands (one in the left, the other in the right) this can cause me to be completely unable to play mid-game sometimes. I can't control it, in games that require almost no fast or steady movement it can happen or in more intensive games such as dark souls or Call of duty it can happen or not.

it really feels random, but I get things can happen, that's why you explain beforehand your issues, and while some people may treat others as "broken" or "less than" because they think that person is a "special snowflake" not everyone thinks like that ( I certainly don't it is now fairly obvious to anyone who has been reading what I put out the last few months(literally the most active I have ever been socially in my life, so Thanks NUF!) I am far from perfect and am absolutely broken in my own ways). I personally can't make a judgement on whether she SHOULD have told me beforehand but it would have been nice.

and legit, I don't think just because A-Kun was bringing in the girl he was trying to do anything, they could have just been friends ( my little tidbit in my "letter" was mostly to jab at A-Kun) my problem is with his middle man schtick. if someone has a problem with me, come to me. please, I can blow my top but I can also be very level headed. I am willing to have a discussion(that doesn't go into any details they don't want) about my behaviour and how it could have harmed her, but I am not doing it through an intermediary. the best worst-case scenario, he doesn't properly convey what she is trying to convey and I take it all to just be some Political Correct bullshit and I've simply hurt their pwecious feewwings(feelings). Worst Worst-case scenario of A-Kun being a go-between, is he conveys what she wants SO abysmally I outright blame her for the "issues" she is suffering or his conveyance his so poor I just assume he is covering for her and she did it on purpose to be a dick.

if she came to the group beforehand, fantastic! I will try to police myself to the best of my ability and even tone down the aggressiveness of my speech.
    if she comes to me after the fact, with no go-between, superb. now we can discuss with each other the issue at hand and come to an understanding.
    I will give respect if respect is given. girl-chan don't generalize people and assume everyone is going to judge you harshly for your issues(we are all fricked in the head in one way or another). show me the respect by coming to me and having a discussion like adults and I will show you the respect by trying to understand, and even if I can't grasp everything, I will still be respectful enough to be more polite and less aggressive in my dealings with you. it's the least I can do if you are going to talk with me and try and make me understand.

that's good, it could go other ways, my buddy I was talking about is dating a girl who has a job as a bartender and is enabling him, his path is a dark one I don't wish to see the end to again(my aunt lost her life to alcoholism) but will because ultimately, when you're friends or family fall apart and won't take your advice on how you can help them, all you can do is be there for them when they crumble and hold their hand and be their friend/family till the bitter end. even if they don't want you to.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs tight* Yeah... This is horrible...

But we can't save someone that doesn't want to be saved in the end... It depends on them to grab our hands... orz

3. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    truer words have never been spoken.

edit:
    thats why, should it come to it, when he lays in the hospital drawing his last breath, I and my family will be there. should his alcoholism get the best of him, we will at least allow him to be sent off knowing, that we were there for him and he wasnt alone.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  4. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes:
    1) around childrens, esp <5yo (got lots of nieces & nephews here)
    2) around strangers (no one knows whether they'll be sensitive or not)
    3) around my friends houses (esp w/ their parents)

Traveling Chef likes this.
  5. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because I don't have friends. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

To be serious, I don't speak much at all around strangers, and I don't play competitively. If I do play competitively, then I may curse, but I always mute myself during a match. If I need to communicate, I may preface myself with warnings of cursing. :cookie:

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll say this, it doesn't cost me a thing to be considerate of others. Even if I privately think they're being too sensitive and need to grow up, I'd still respect their constitution and personality. If I'm around children, you better believe I'm on my best behavior. If I'm around elderly, I'm not cursing and talking about death and how much it sucks to get old. I'm not set out to ruin people's moods, just so I can express myself freely. I've got my friends for that. And I've gathered with friends that are like-minded throughout the years, so there's no concern about watching my language with them.

7. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I like this response a lot!