Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh how He cross the world with out destroying himself or at least his body. And then he will training again

2. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Those who were trapped in dreams, and those whose dreams are likely to become reality"

Grit your teeth delusional count, because Elizabeth's here to clock you in the face! :blobsmilehappyeyes: I like Elizabeth Kool-aid mans her way into Count Reemsand's office, smashing through his door, and yet is still doing the polite, noble young lady routine: *smash* "Good day, Count Reemsand!" *cracks knuckles*

Van and Elizabeth continue the ironic revenge thing and stick the count in the asylum and drug his food just like what he had done to Amelia. He dreams about himself being the greatest king in Orbaume's history who united the continent and is loved by all and has a harem of women, blah blah blah. (I think if we've learned anything from Van over the past 400+ chapters it's that getting all those things take a lot more work, suffering and empathy than the count ever had. :facepalm:) Meanwhile, he believes that the reality where he's in the asylum as a pauper is just a dream. And in several years, after his son has taken complete control of the estate, the count will get better and have to experience what it's like being in Elizabeth's position as well. Oh, also if someone would just go and talk with the count, his brainwashing would undo much faster, but of course no one likes that jerk of a count, including his own son. Very detailed.

Also apparently this was the chosen revenge because Elizabeth just wanted to beat him to a pulp and Van figured if he killed everyone weird rumors would start about Elizabeth. So best for the count to just have a highly ironic psychotic break. Van also mentions if it was him he'd have Braga go all face peeler on the guy :blobfearful: ...so, yeah, Elizabeth is indeed a much more well rounded person than Van! (in case we all forgot Van went through several decades of physical and emotional abuse and then watched the first person who loved him be burned alive before he was even 1...)

Anyway, Amelia, Elizabeth and Maheira are now all free! :blobpopcorn: Van and Duke Jahan are going to support their families, so the 3 can now live in an actual nice house (haunted mansion to be specific, they move in with Van) and all that instead of just being in a little hut, and since Jahan's geographically separated and technically on the Alda side while Sauron's on the Vida side of the populace, the Sauron duchy probably won't try to pull any more crap of their own against Elizabeth and her family.

Here's the real important part of the chapter though:
    Elizabeth: "More importantly, you said my mother would get better after a week--- and I admit she is better, but why isn't she cured!? Why are you the only one she thinks is her husband now!?"
    Van: "I'm not really sure? Even if you ask me, it's not like I was trying to make things to turn out this way." (yes you were you mother-con. :blobupset:)
    Amelia: "Oh dear, are Elizabeth and her father fighting!? W, w, what should we do Maheria, don't tell me Elizabeth's finally reached her rebellious phase!?" :blobsweat:

Oh, also Darcia and Amelia meet, but considering it's Darcia and she already has a people like giant millenia-old dragon god lady Tiamat for daughter in laws, they both get along just fine.:blobawkward:

And meanwhile the Prime Minister and Avalon are trying to get demon king fragment equipment Avalon made adopted by the Orbaume army. Considering he's not an expert smith like Tarea, I doubt Avalon's stuff will compare to Van's, but it could still cause some problems if he screwed up and they're still "active" enough for say Edgar to turn large portions of Orbaume's military into his puppets...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Szmiiit, canuto95, Bla8bla and 9 others like this.
  3. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe soul cross over just Amemiya soul poses Heinz body is enough.
    If true, Heinz will not only learn the truth but Amemiya's burden and become true hero not a mascot

hillo315 likes this.
  4. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Van soul immune to soul break? I remember he redirected attack that go to Hein to himself because some idiot god using face of darcia.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and IceFenix like this.
  5. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No.I think he is not immune to soul break. I think he had to reassemble his soul because of that attack

Korleone, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  6. IceFenix

IceFenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for summary :aww::aww:

7. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Late reply...

You say "should", so I take this to mean you currently think it's more likely than not. On what basis though? We know that the DK fragments can have memories of Guduranis (hence Edgar) but we've not seen that it's possible to absorb memories from souls - Van doesn't gain memories when he eats souls. So I think for Avalon to be able to gain Guduranis's memories would be a concept we've not seen before even in similar scenarios. Of course, we don't have a full explanation on souls or the like so we can't state much for certain and I certainly think "it's possible" but I can't currently think of a previous example or explanation to raise the expectation level to "should", though perhaps I've forgotten something.

8. Juroko

Juroko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, seems Avalon is going for Quantity over quality and even possible suicide soldiers. Give an army fragment armor and let them loose. Even Van's team would have problems with that many fragment monsters. Van not so much, but Avalon has never been one for direct encounters. Makes me wonder if Alda will force his gods to pull a Yupeon and make spirit clone weapons and armor for their heroes. Both as a means to power them up, and also to control them. A magic weapon arms race as it were.

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Juroko, basically what vandeliu always does, a mixture between massacre and banquet, the separated fragments should be more confused about who the main body is and that will allow vandeliu to use its fragments as the luminous organ to stun or even control them, while that the weapons of the gods ... I said about the banquet.

Speaking of which, what will each god know? The gods of the air are supposed to taste white meat like chicken, what will others know? something like that, fire tastes like red meat and spicy, life tastes like salad, fishy water, earth bread, space / time sour and sweet, light ... what would the light taste like? salty?

elizabeth's ship still sailing? Or will it become a strange friendship in which one is dating the mother and the other's friend?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  10. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Liz is currently quite tsundere towards Van. I'd say that basically she's very uncomfortable with the relationship between her mother and Van, which is very understandable. That being said, she's clearly quite grateful towards him. And she's about to find out a lot more about Van, including the meaning behind her new titles. I think we'll need to give her some time to calm down and adjust to her new reality. One of her closest friends is basically a waifu candidate already and I think it'll just be a matter of time for Liz.

In short, I'd say that the ship has already sailed but hit an unusual storm so has temporarily returned to port for some repairs.

11. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    No. In fact, his soul is vulnerable to normal attacks if left completely exposed.

I don't think eating souls is exactly the same as accepting them as part of your being.

Not if Van's team is given orichalcum and fragments of their own to compensate. And Van's team is simply more skilled than virtually any army to begin with.

Bla8bla likes this.
  12. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Will be difficult, will have to create quite a few newborn gods to supplement those lost and not too certain if they can make new lesser gods with desired attributes without the help of the Major Gods and they sided with Vida.

and on the side note on Yupeon.... their screams will be the most wonderful entertainment if/when Van crushes each one. :blobowoevil_horns:

Eddy andres likes this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you think that Avalon and his planet sized ego can accept memories from the DK? So far his attitude seems to be that he can figure it all out himself...

Reman Scimitar, hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm why he can make dungeon if he didn't have G memories.

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter says he's going to attempt to create a dungeon. Which can be read both ways. If he already had the knowledge, surely he would be guaranteed to succeed so wouldn't it be phrased differently? Alternatively, why would he quickly jump to trying to create a dungeon of all things, something particularly associated with the DK?

Incidentally, the chapter describes Avalon as "controlling" the fragments, including the two that Rodcorte gave him. It doesn't talk about him absorbing them or merging with them or anything. That being said, his ability to use them seems quite advanced already.

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  16. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that Van has been having his group train against demon king fragment infested monsters and seal them.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if van make zombie beem spell. Like killed and infest with his death attribute at the same time to make undead.

hillo315 likes this.
  18. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been suggested already but Avalon's idea to mass production DK armour etc seems like a spectacularly bad idea given that he's up against Van (and Edgar). I mean, Van has a lot of ways he could mess with that. I wonder what Avalon's game is here? Well, we don't exactly know what knowledge he has about Van's abilities so it's possible he simply thinks it's a good plan. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a plan to turn them into puppets or something... only for Van to reverse it.

If the leaders do go ahead with this plan then I expect events to rebound on them quite badly.

Hmm. I wonder if Van's new friend (the titan duke) might end up becoming the next king of Orbaume. I had been thinking it could be Darcia but that might be a bridge too far. An Alda believer that Van can work with honestly is probably the ideal person for him as relatively few people would complain yet it also helps normalise the Vida races. The guy can also switch to Vida later.

19. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Rokudiot may be underestimating Van much more than he should due to his only encounter against Van had been when Van was acting as a shield. A partial incarnation of him acting as a shield. Now he will hace to fight the main body on the attack. As Eddy so eloquently put it, this is gonna be a massacre and a banquet. A massanquet.

EDIT: Mmmmh, massage and banquet...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  20. Broxigar

Broxigar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van could just copy Ravovivards strategy probably :hmm:

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.